Stock Market & Retirement Planning

My brothers buddy has a boatload of shares in some solar window company..... bought at like a buck... November it was $3 and change.
Last week.... $34 and change and now around $27. :oops:

could just as easily go back to a buck and may just do so.... but it’s been fun to watch.

Man, I hope he cashed out of that one and is just living the high life right now

Outside of my 401k I have been playing around with some stocks and a lot with the crypto market lately.

Outside of my 401k I have been playing around with some stocks and a lot with the crypto market lately.

I bought a whole bunch of dogecoin back in 2017 on the idea that it would one day again pump up to a penny or two. Pretty insane what happened earlier this year. It was .003-.004 at the time. Starting a slow transition of about 10% of my portfolio into different crypto currency projects.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought a whole bunch of dogecoin back in 2017 on the idea that it would one day again pump up to a penny or two. Pretty insane what happened earlier this year. It was .003-.004 at the time. Starting a slow transition of about 10% of my portfolio into different crypto currency projects.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have a small amount of doge left, sold the ones I had from under a penny for a nice profit. Got back in at .039 and just holding now.

I have been sprinkling in quite a few different ones lately but my big buy long-term is Algorand, hoping for big things with it.

I have a small amount of doge left, sold the ones I had from under a penny for a nice profit. Got back in at .039 and just holding now.

I have been sprinkling in quite a few different ones lately but my big buy long-term is Algorand, hoping for big things with it.
Yeah, I can't justify holding doge at anything above .005. I just don't believe it has any future and only serves me to buy super cheap and hope for another pump.

I like ALGO and have dabbled some in there. Big fan of XLM, NANO, and ADA in additional the holding the usual ETH, BTC, and LTC. In total I've got 14 coins as part of my wallet. BNB was the recent suprise that popped for me, with Binance trying to force users into their token rather than the ETH/ERC-20 network. I'm not a fan at all of that centralization, which I think goes against what ethos of what crypto is about, and I'll be divesting from using their platform outside of using it to buy coins not offered elsewhere, but that was a welcome 800% return lol.

My personal opinion is the market is about 5 years ahead of itself and all we need is some really bad news to see a very large pullback

that’s the problem, you could have been justifying this position for 4 years now

Does this look sustainable to anybody?

View attachment 8993881

Side note, did you notice that change in M1 calculations? From the notes below the graph:

Before May 2020, M1 consists of (1) currency outside the U.S. Treasury, Federal Reserve Banks, and the vaults of depository institutions; (2) demand deposits at commercial banks (excluding those amounts held by depository institutions, the U.S. government, and foreign banks and official institutions) less cash items in the process of collection and Federal Reserve float; and (3) other checkable deposits (OCDs), consisting of negotiable order of withdrawal, or NOW, and automatic transfer service, or ATS, accounts at depository institutions, share draft accounts at credit unions, and demand deposits at thrift institutions.

Beginning May 2020, M1 consists of (1) currency outside the U.S. Treasury, Federal Reserve Banks, and the vaults of depository institutions; (2) demand deposits at commercial banks (excluding those amounts held by depository institutions, the U.S. government, and foreign banks and official institutions) less cash items in the process of collection and Federal Reserve float; and (3) other liquid deposits, consisting of OCDs and savings deposits (including money market deposit accounts). Seasonally adjusted M1 is constructed by summing currency, demand deposits, and OCDs (before May 2020) or other liquid deposits (beginning May 2020), each seasonally adjusted separately.

Side note, did you notice that change in M1 calculations? From the notes below the graph:

I did not notice that. Thanks for teaching me something today!

You drink fancy beer! That’s a sixer of Yuengling for me! I would mourn its loss with another sixer of Yuengling. My Dad and I like to play in speculative biopharm, which is fun and interesting.

I've enjoyed gambling small amounts on some penny stocks and other risky ones over the years. For our nest egg I'm a buy and hold type of guy and recently gifted some old shares of AAPL to our kids on the recommendation of our tax CPA as they don't earn enough while in college to be subject to any capital gains taxes. The cost basis on the shares that we bought about 16 years ago ranged from 46 to 49 cents. :) I wish we would have bought more, lol. A thousand bucks of the stock back then is now worth about $250k. :oops:

I've enjoyed gambling small amounts on some penny stocks and other risky ones over the years. For our nest egg I'm a buy and hold type of guy and recently gifted some old shares of AAPL to our kids on the recommendation of our tax CPA as they don't earn enough while in college to be subject to any capital gains taxes. The cost basis on the shares that we bought about 16 years ago ranged from 46 to 49 cents. :) I wish we would have bought more, lol. A thousand bucks of the stock back then is now worth about $250k. :oops:
I am a boring investor for the most part and I’m ok with that, but this is all I can think of getting in on the ground floor of Apple :LOL:
1614298676271.png

I am a boring investor for the most part and I’m ok with that, but this is all I can think of getting in on the ground floor of Apple :LOL:
View attachment 8995250

Lol! Not ground floor, but we were there for much of the growth as my wife worked at the HQ in Cupertino from 2000-2017 and she had an amazing journey with them. We didn't hold much of the stock for long and sold most of our shares way too cheaply along the way having no idea what type of crazy growth the company would have. Either way we were fortunate to be along for the ride and my wife looks back fondly on her work years there even though it was mostly 70 hour work weeks and a lot of travel away from me and the kids.:)

I did not notice that. Thanks for teaching me something today!

I wonder if anyone has quantified the impact of that change vs. the rapid monetary expansion to combat COVID.

The hype is already starting for tomorrow for GMC & AMC, and others like ZOM and even AAPL, which has taken a crap lately but hoping its just a dip before another good rise. May invest in some AMC, I had always planned to since the stock did decent before covid and its bound to return

Reinvested some crypto too but it re-dipped, holding for a little while

Btw for crypto, i got in on one called Pi. Its developed by Harvard people apparently and you can mine it with your phone, just have to open the app every 24 hours. Even if it ends up worth $1 > may have a few hundred coins by then. Not sure if I can post my link but can always remove it.. you mine extra when connected to others:

I am sending you 1π! Pi is a new digital currency developed by Stanford PhDs, with over 10 million members worldwide. To claim your Pi, follow this link https://minepi.com/Gyro25 and use my username (Gyro25) as your invitation code.

The hype is already starting for tomorrow for GMC & AMC, and others like ZOM and even AAPL, which has taken a crap lately but hoping its just a dip before another good rise. May invest in some AMC, I had always planned to since the stock did decent before covid and its bound to return

Btw for crypto, i got in on one called Pi. Its developed by Harvard people apparently and you can mine it with your phone, just have to open the app every 24 hours. Even if it ends up worth $1 > may have a few hundred coins by then. Not sure if I can post my link but can always remove it.. you mine extra when connected to others:

I am sending you 1π! Pi is a new digital currency developed by Stanford PhDs, with over 10 million members worldwide. To claim your Pi, follow this link https://minepi.com/Gyro25 and use my username (Gyro25) as your invitation code.
I just joined. My first foray into crypto. Don’t really understand it, but why not give it a shot? Maybe it’s worth something someday, maybe not.

I have a large ownership share in mine.

We are good.

Pi is an interesting digital currency that is worth a look. AAPL I’ve owned and have been following closely for 21 years and “taken a crap” might be a bit harsh, lol. It was ripe for a pullback after it’s performance recently. Here’s the two year chart compared to the Dow and S&P500.

C455D928-8D89-4873-82E7-78531BF1D052.jpeg

FWIW, here are The Motley Fool’s recommended stocks to buy today. I do think we will see a huge explosion in travel this year with Covid mostly under control in a few months and Airbnb is in a great spot to take advantage of it.

3A6522B5-8E58-4B65-994B-E15AABF68612.jpeg

Pi is an interesting digital currency that is worth a look. AAPL I’ve owned and have been following closely for 21 years and “taken a crap” might be a bit harsh, lol. It was ripe for a pullback after it’s performance recently. Here’s the two year chart compared to the Dow and S&P500.

View attachment 8995745

All I mean is I lost a bunch of gains. But yes it was due for a pull board and hopefully will rebound well this week. Thats probably one stock ill probably never sell unless I'm in dire need of cash

Would love to invest in Amazon but just can't put 3k+ into a single share .. that one needs to split badly to get more retail investors

All I mean is I lost a bunch of gains. But yes it was due for a pull board and hopefully will rebound well this week. Thats probably one stock ill probably never sell unless I'm in dire need of cash

Would love to invest in Amazon but just can't put 3k+ into a single share .. that one needs to split badly to get more retail investors
I'd like to a see a couple of other stocks split to entice the Retail Investor.
Have to wonder if companies are missing out on a ongoing trend.

Last edited:
I'd like to a couple of other stocks split to entice the Retail Investor.
Have to wonder if companies are missing out on a ongoing trend.

I agree. AAPL has split in 2000, 2005, 2014, and 2020. If they hadn't one share would be over $13,000!

well I pulled out of Bitcoin and saved my principal but made nothing. Trying to figure out how to play with $1,000 but not lose my arse...

well I pulled out of Bitcoin and saved my principal but made nothing. Trying to figure out how to play with $1,000 but not lose my arse...
In crypto?

Looks like Portnoy is doing something on Thursday. Starting an ETF seems interesting, especially with the numbers being thrown out.

Back