Stocking stuffers

Parrot

The lower the latitude, the better the attirude
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Do y’all have Christmas stockings? What’re your favorite or family-tradition stocking stuffers?

We do a bunch of small things. Candy, fruit, stuff you use throughout the year (chap stick, small tubes of hand lotion or sunscreen), funny can coozies or bev naps, scratch-offs.

Growing up, we didn’t have much and my grandparents liked to give us fruit, something we might not have had much of during the year. It’s a little thing I brought when I married into the family that reminds me, if no one else, that it’s the thought that counts.

Do y’all have Christmas stockings? What’re your favorite or family-tradition stocking stuffers?

We do a bunch of small things. Candy, fruit, stuff you use throughout the year (chap stick, small tubes of hand lotion or sunscreen), funny can coozies or bev naps, scratch-offs.

Growing up, we didn’t have much and my grandparents liked to give us fruit, something we might not have had much of during the year. It’s a little thing I brought when I married into the family that reminds me, if no one else, that it’s the thought that counts.
Candy, knick knacks, some kind of puzzle game (my grandparents always had these in our stockings, so do the same for the kids now), and then we give each of the kids some sort of Christmas collectible ornament or decoration with the year marked on it.

We do. Little things.

I got my wife lip balm, bathbombs, hand spray, socks so far.

Got my daughter some squishys, socks, lip balm, a couple fidget tools.

I like that. It could be copied.
Yeah, they always have fun with it. And then the next year, when decorating, they relive the memories. It's a good time. The Mrs. and I give one to each other, and now that the kids are older (13 and 11), they have been finding something to give to us as well. Its not always Christmas themed, the amount of Auburn ornaments currently with my initials and year on them is quite ridiculous.

I like that. It could be copied.
Also, the puzzle boxes/trinkets we give the kids are fun. We put a $20.00 in them, and will not help them do them. They have to figure it out.

Example;

For a few years each person in my extended family got a name drawn and we would do stockings for that person. We got giant stockings and you had to be able to fit the gift in those.

For a few years each person in my extended family got a name drawn and we would do stockings for that person. We got giant stockings and you had to be able to fit the gift in those.
I like that idea. I bet it was fun!

I like that idea. I bet it was fun!
It was. It was around when my sister became an adult. She was the youngest of our first cousins. It was fun. Did it for like 10 years and then once we had kids the focus shifted to them.

We do a white elephant every year and have since I was a little kid so now we just do that. Never stopped it. It’s a mix of goofy stuff this get your friends and practical stuff your grandma would buy.

Last edited:
We used to but now the kids want high priced items for gifts so there is no money left to stuff stockings with trinkets.

Similarly the fruit in the stocking , and something that was small .

I do a stocking for my daughter. Those are gifts from "Santa." I don't give the big gifts from Santa, because I want her to know that I worked hard to get her those things, and because not every family is as fortunate. It's awful to see a kid crying because Santa brought everyone else a bike, or a Playstation, and their parents couldn't afford for "Santa" to give something lavish.

My wife does a big Lindt chocolate spread for the girls and the stocking stuffers we go gift cards, lotto scratch off tickets or something small like that where wrapping doesn't make sense.

THP Digital Magazine just dropped and has ours

Chap stick, nail clippers, gloves, small kitchen stuff, special ornaments, stuff like that is what we usually go with.

The Minister does ours and my MIL does hers.

Usually chocolate/candy, scratch offs, some odds and ends and a pink lady apple for me.

We started doing scratch off lottery tickets for our kids as they got out on their own, when they were younger it was candy, chapstick, lotion etc.

We used to but now the kids want high priced items for gifts so there is no money left to stuff stockings with trinkets.
I said the same to my wife yet their stockings always manage to have candy, a gas gift card, and food gift cards.

We do little things like fun chapstick, hair thingies, etc for the kiddo, but it was similar when I was growing up. My family didn't have a ton of money so they would do whatever was cheap or if they could find a deal on some micro machines or a hotwheels car or something, that's what went in your stocking along with things like chap stick, etc.

My family always did little things, maybe a gift card, lottery ticket, gloves, etc.

I go way overboard on stockings. It's all normally fun stuff like an ornament, candy, whatever lip balm or lotion is trendy this year (I have girls). Then get into the wonky stuff like Chik Fil A sauce, my youngest gets a full size summer sausage, etc. Last year I had so much crap there was a separate way mart bag on the floor under each stocking for the overflow. It was absurd.

I also try to get my kids secret presents that my wife wouldn't approve of each year like blankets with shirtless oiled dudes on them, etc. It's always fun seeing them open something and see the look on my wife's face.

Just like my parents did, it's always been a little candy. New toothbrush, chaps stick and some socks.

One year they put Nintendo games in them

Back