Stolen(?) Package and Driver

BigDill

2023 Morgan Cup - Team Hackers - Cobra Golf
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
What a crazy series of events....

:bulgy-eyes:

So I ordered a 2017 Cobra King F7+ from DSG last week for a great price of $170 by using some coupons and a few score points. It was supposed to be delivered last Friday the 11th via UPS to my office. I was out of town for a wedding, so I asked my assistant to receive the package and put it in my office. No big deal, right? So on the 11th I see that the package was delivered and signed for by my assistant. Awesome. I came into town on the night of the 12th to grab the club for use on Sunday morning. So I get into my office building with my security card, walk past the 24 hour security guard, and up to my office. I unlock the door, turn off the alarm, unlock my personal office door and grab my.........wait.....where the heck is my club? Walk around our office....still no club?!?!?! :confused2:

So I call my secretary at 9 p.m. on Saturday and ask her about it. She says that no club was delivered. I told her that was impossible, and that my assistant signed for it. So we get the assistant on the phone and she swears that no package was delivered on Friday. Strange. So I call UPS...

After 45 minutes with UPS, they finally tell me that the package was delivered to the suite two doors down and that the driver put my assistant's signature on it because that was the last person who signed for a package at my office suite :clown:. Then they tell me to go try to get the package back from that suite. Awesome. Yesterday comes around and my assistant goes into the suite down the hall where the package was delivered (mind you, we see these people every day, and like us, they are a professional service business) and nicely asks them if they received a package address to our suite and to me. "Nope." "Okay, can you please check, becuase UPS says that it was delivered here." [checks the office] "No, sorry, nothing here." Double awesome.

So I call UPS and report the package as missing. They kept saying that they were sorry (they are not) and that they would investigate and someone would contact the shipper in 8 days. In the mean time, my assistant goes down to the security desk and (smartly) asks if they could check the video cameras to see if the package was delivered and to where. Sure enough, the four foot package with Cobra on the side is delivered to the suite that UPS said. So, now with the security head, my assistant goes back up to the suite. Once again, they are informed no package was received.

Now, all of our suites in the building have glass front doors and most suites have open lobbies with the reception desk. The lobby of the suite where the package was delivered can be seen by the main hallway camera. Now here comes the really crazy part....

My :curse: golf club was delivered by UPS on the 11th to the wrong suite as seen on camera, and left in the lobby. One of the workers inside the suite sees it, takes it, and puts it into a side room. Then, 20 minutes later, the same guy is seen walking out with a giant four foot golf club looking item half in a fedex tube and a plastic bag on the top covering what looked to be a driver club head. Incredible. Then the cameras see him putting the same item in the elevator and then his car in the garage. So the security goes (yesterday) back up to the suite and speaks with the guy in the video, who denies taking anything. Security shows him the video on a tablet and he says that it was plans that he took home for the weekend, and not a golf club. no one believes him. Security asks to speak with the owner of the business, who is busy and cannot meet with him the whole day.

So today, security has been trying to get to the bottom of this with no luck. I told them that I just wanted the club back, no questions asked. Still has not happened. Now, it seems like I have to not only wait until the UPS "investigation" is concluded, but will have to file a frickn' police report about my misdelievered, then stolen (or perhaps teleporting?) driver that I bought at a discount. I am supposed to meet with security this afternoon. I will update if I ever get an answer to this mess.

Unbelievable.

***UPDATE***

I met with the security supervisor and the building manager. They will not release the video to me because it shows the inside of someone's suite. Being that we are a law office, I could probably work my way to get the video, but I am not sure I need it. It was shown to me, and its clear that this guy took my club. Apparently they all had a meeting with the owner of the other business and were told that they would "deal with the matter internally" whatever that means. I am not optimistic that I will get my club back, but at this point I really don's care as DSG has agreed to provide me with a new one, which is nice because ti was not their fault. My assumption is that they will seek some resolution with UPS. I will follow up with the security team tomorrow to see what happened to the guy who stole the club, but the indication I got is that he would be let go (but who knows). The general feeling is that this entire situation is unbelievable and has escalated for no reason.

Check ebay for a new f7+ in blue. You may get a good deal.

***ADDITIONAL UPDATES IN THREAD***

Last edited:
whoa. that's nuts. Good on you for holding them accountable and bad on your neighbor for pulling shady stuff

That dude has some stones to just flat out deny that crap while he's on video clearly stealing it.

So on the video...when he takes the box with the Cobra logo on it...what did he say about that? He is caught carrying the box into a closet, correct? Before re-emerging with the tube of "plans"?

So did he deny anything and everything related to that box in general? Or what does he have to say about that part of the video?

Obviously he's a common thief and I hopefully the pr1ck loses this job. Surly he must have known he was being video taped.

People suck. I have no clue what goes through somebody's mind that that kind of douchebaggery is acceptable. Not sure how they sleep at night. And to double down when clearly caught red handed is crazy. I'm sure they are rationalizing it in some way to where they feel like they are owed by somebody.

Man I don't know if I could keep my composure dealing with all that nonsense. I'd be so tempted to go key the guy's car or pour some sugar into his gas tank, but two wrongs just don't make a right unfortunately.

Damn, what a pain. So much blame, UPS definitely seems liable since they delivered to the wrong address and forged a signature, but obviously the guy who stole it needs to be held accountable too. Hopefully everyone in the building knows to watch out for him now.

Get the video from security and a projector. Set it all up outside the suite this guy works in. Edit the video with text of what it is showing. Play it on a loop all day and see what his bosses/company owners think about how that might affect their business, especially if they receive clients regularly. I imagine a resolution quick, fast and in a hurry.

Something tells me that the driver might mysteriously re-appear in the right hands if the law enforcement hint is dropped. Poor service by UPS for taking the easy way out and it costing everyone time and aggravation. There is no doubt that UPS is the root cause of the problem and should be liable, but the shady guy with the poker face isn't in the right either and should face consequences, if found guilty.

Depending on where you are located, the larceny could be a felony of some degree, depending on the value of the stolen item. Some states have ridiculously low dollar values as the dividing lines between low grade felonies and misdemeanors. The threat of a felony, even a minor one that could be easily but not inexpensively expunged, could be a helluva hammer.

Karma will visit him in a way that he will not like.

That sucks man sorry. Hope that guy gets whats coming to him... JUSTICE!

That guy that stole it needs to be fired and prosecuted. UPS also needs to fork over the funds for a new club if it is not found since it was there JOB to deliver it to the RIGHT address and since they didn't they should be held liable! How can they (UPS) NOT be liable since they delivered it wrong and forged a signature of someone that DIDNT sign for it. That is BS!

The theft portion completely sucks.

The underlying issue though, maybe the delivery people should deliver to the proper recipient. Stop with this applying people's signatures when they aren't there (especially if there isn't a drop signature on file). Deliver to the proper destination. Stop taking the lazy way out on this stuff delivery people!

on a different note, I just picked up a sweet, never been used F7+ driver on ebay for like $50! ebay'er had a weird name; officesuitelackey123, but had all kinds of crazy deals! Check it out! (this is obviously a joke...)

A while back, it would have been ok to give that guy a beatdown, which he deserves and severely needs. I miss those times.

Hope you get it all resolved and that guy gets some form of punishment out of it.

Last edited:
on a different note, I just picked up a sweet, never been used F7+ driver on ebay for like $50! ebay'er had a weird name; officesuitelackey123, but had all kinds of crazy deals! Check it out! (this is obviously a joke...)

I have seen some hilarious spin off threads on other forums. Not sure how that would go here?

I hope the video tapes get turned over to the police and that they will resolve this because if there is a thief working in the offices then he needs to be dealt with.

Good luck and keep us posted. What a scum that guy is. I would be pissed

If he stole the driver, that is probably not the only thing he is stealing. A thief is always going to be a thief. I hope you are able to get your driver back and get this A** Clown prosecuted.

Now, that was a good read. Sorry that you're having to go through all of this. Once again, this makes the case for why I use a credit card for everything. If all else fails, I can dispute the charge with the credit card and the money will be credited to my account.

Have you thought about politely confronting him, and explaining you don't want to waste law enforcement's time and resources for a sub $200 item, and that he could save face by giving it back now?

Saw your update...I imagine if you're getting a new driver, DSG is going to file a claim with UPS. I used to run a family owned UPS Store franchise and as long as you can prove they did wrong, they are pretty quick to cut a check.

And in this case, the driver sounds like he made a mistake, which led to the theft. So I can't imagine they will have any issues getting the claim paid out.

Heh, I have an F7+... in blue... with the stock shaft (somewhere, it has an EF Blue currently)... from DSG...

Back