Just have to report that these shirts are FANTASTIC. Super comfy, great collar too.
I have been super impressed with them, especially the collar.

I have 5 golf shirts and one quarter zip from Straight Down. Love them all. High quality and have survived multiple washings. The quarter zip is very lightweight. Perfect for cool mornings or wearing on the plane when traveling. The City Lights golf shirt is the lightest golf shirt I have ever owned. It truly is amazing.

Finally picked one of these up from the proshop on vacation. The collar is certainly unique. Curious how it holds up but reviews in here seem to be good.

I am wearing my first and only Straight Down polo today for the 1st time and I love it. The seem to run a bit big, but they are amazingly comfortable. I will be picking up more in the future.

Straight Down is doing a 50-60% off sale. I just picked up four polos at exactly half off!

It took me a while but finally got to check these out in person, the comfort is certainly there and the styling and prints are great. Two thumbs up for sure on them.

It took me a while but finally got to check these out in person, the comfort is certainly there and the styling and prints are great. Two thumbs up for sure on them.
They are SO good.

Definitely a top three staple in the closet unless they get weird haha - love some of their styles too.

I'm pondering SD polos and would like to hear about sizing. Sounds like their polos run a bit large. I typically wear wear medium in brands like Stitch, Greyson, Peter Millar, and Matte Grey. Based on SD's size chart, I'm right between medium and large with the latter seeming like the better choice. Appreciate any feedback.

Screen Shot 2023-04-30 at 12.51.54 PM.png

I'm pondering SD polos and would like to hear about sizing. Sounds like their polos run a bit large. I typically wear wear medium in brands like Stitch, Greyson, Peter Millar, and Matte Grey. Based on SD's size chart, I'm right between medium and large with the latter seeming like the better choice. Appreciate any feedback.

View attachment 9175025
I find them to be pretty true to size, for a semi-athletic fit. I wear a large in most loose fitting brands, but my SD larges seem slightly more form fitting.

Straight Down is doing a warehouse sale this morning starting in about 20 minutes. I may or may not be camped out front watching them set up! Hard not to stop by for 80% off, fingers crossed for some gems. Always need more polos and a new quarter zip would be awesome.

UPDATE: That went well. 7 polos, 2 quarter zips under $250. Bam!

Last edited:
6fb4af8a60966f52a6eb674beb5e7e32.jpg

Just wanted to show the haul from Friday. Forgot to mention the very cool shoe bag I picked up as well. Love me some Straight Down!

6fb4af8a60966f52a6eb674beb5e7e32.jpg

Just wanted to show the haul from Friday. Forgot to mention the very cool shoe bag I picked up as well. Love me some Straight Down!
That's a quick response! I took advantage of the 4 for 3 deal last week and my first shipment of 3 polos arrives today. The 4th polo shipped today.

Straight Down is doing a warehouse sale this morning starting in about 20 minutes. I may or may not be camped out front watching them set up! Hard not to stop by for 80% off, fingers crossed for some gems. Always need more polos and a new quarter zip would be awesome.

UPDATE: That went well. 7 polos, 2 quarter zips under $250. Bam!

I am 2.5 hours away and seriously considered going but I ended up having a work meeting. Curious on how much product is available and how many people it draws. I might need to go to their next one.

That's a quick response! I took advantage of the 4 for 3 deal last week and my first shipment of 3 polos arrives today. The 4th polo shipped today.

It makes it easy when they are down the street! The sale was in person so I walked away with the goods.

I am 2.5 hours away and seriously considered going but I ended up having a work meeting. Curious on how much product is available and how many people it draws. I might need to go to their next one.

This was the first one I’ve been to and it was well worth it. Driving a few hours, maybe if you plan to go big as the savings were amazing. Retail I would have paid close to $1k and I spent 1/4 of that. I was the first one there and was able to get after it without interference. They had a lot of product and within the first 30 minutes there was probably 50 people. I’m also lucky in that I’m smaller than most and my sizes weren’t getting hit as hard.

It makes it easy when they are down the street! The sale was in person so I walked away with the goods.

This was the first one I’ve been to and it was well worth it. Driving a few hours, maybe if you plan to go big as the savings were amazing. Retail I would have paid close to $1k and I spent 1/4 of that. I was the first one there and was able to get after it without interference. They had a lot of product and within the first 30 minutes there was probably 50 people. I’m also lucky in that I’m smaller than most and my sizes weren’t getting hit as hard.

Thanks for the reply! I was going to make a 3 day weekend out of it and play Cypress Ridge and Monarch Dunes but that damn work got in the way.

Newest arrivals. One more polo is in route.

I counted my polos today. Yikes!, I’m nearing hoarder status. Need to start culling the herd. 😀

IMG_1169.jpeg

I won't be buying an $85 shirt. I can barely afford golf as it is.

Get on their email list and check out the sale page. Often good deals to be had. I can’t say things get cheap, but no different than a Nike polo at Dicks, except better quality. Beware that the polos tend to run a half size large IMO.

I see these in pro shops all the time. I wonder about the fit, seems lost polos run large.

My two faves - Straight Down and Donald Ross

Straight Down has a $100 Mystery Bundle which includes 3 polos.

Back