Review Straight Down "The Turnberry" Golf Shoes - THP Review Thread

I am the anti-cushion golfer. :oops:

They look comfortable and cushy ... but, there's always a but ... cushy usually means it's more difficult to read the slope of the green with my feet, and less stability ... and no wingtips for me ... so 1980's.:ROFLMAO: But they do look comfortable.

They kind of look like Brooks running/walking shoes with different tread. So how's the lateral support with that upper?

~Rock

These have some miles on them now. Both on and off course and like I alluded to earlier, they have impressed me.

First off, the comfort is insanely good. They didn't have that crazy softness that you get in some spikeless, but instead really felt like a comfortable pair of running shoes. Firm enough to give some stability throughout the swing. Really comfortable for walking rounds, and even around work or my neighborhood they have been really solid.

Yes I know these aren't waterproof. I used to think that would be a huge deal, but honestly, I haven't been the dew sweeper in the last 2 seasons that I was in the previous 10. Obviously, your situation may differ from mine. It rained a bit on Friday and Sunday, I played on Saturday afternoon and Sunday and my feet weren't wet at all.

Grip-wise, I'll be 10000000% honest, I wasn't expecting much. But boy was I wrong. Not once did have any slipping throughout the swing. Tested on some uneven lies, bare grass, fairway, and rough(I just placed the ball there so I could experience it:LOL:) Seriously impressed in this department.

I know the style won't be for everyone. I do think it is a great option to go from work to the course.

@ddec - Glad you enjoy! We're proud of these shoes. For those who don't see themselves in the Turnberry, we offer a wide variety of styles.

We offer some classic leather looks, hybrid shoes made for on and off the course and even a skate-inspired shoe, the Shaker.

You can see them all at straightdown.com/shoes.

Back