Strange finding..

lukemartin93

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
I decided to change out the grips in the used irons I have been using and found something interesting. Besides the fact that 5,8 and 9 are different shafts than 4,6,7 and pw, I just found out that 6 through the pw all have an inch extension added to them. Any idea why someone would want to do that?

(also, I have no idea how I didn’t realize this earlier...)

I decided to change out the grips in the used irons I have been using and found something interesting. Besides the fact that 5,8 and 9 are different shafts than 4,6,7 and pw, I just found out that 6 through the pw all have an inch extension added to them. Any idea why someone would want to do that?

(also, I have no idea how I didn’t realize this earlier...)
Oh wow. That’s wild, never seen anything like that

A taller person wanting to make an OG one length? Or close to it as possible I guess

A taller person wanting to make an OG one length? Or close to it as possible I guess
That’s what I was thinking but 6-pw are still descending

You have some interesting clubs :LOL:

My guess when they were custom fitting someone, the shop guy cut them too short. "I thoughta you a said 36 inches"...

Yes, probably a mistake when shafting. I added 3/4" extension to an old set of steel shafted irons a few years ago, easy process and worked well for the couple of years I used the set.

6 was longer than the 5 which I thought was odd

Wonder if they play any different?

Back