Strange things that bother you while golfing...

Michigan Slice

This Guy Cant dance...
Reaction score
Handicap
Today was a weird day for me, I got to the course and joined one of the groups that I’ve played with lots.
I get to the parking lot, and “doc” is in a cart and offers to let me drive.
I refused and off we go to #1...
All is good front nine I shoot 44...
Back nine is a par 3 followed by 2 par 4’s and I am +1 and feeling really good...

Then, on 13 there’s a turn around for the back tee boxes... doc leaves the cart parked facing away from the hole. I don’t know why, but it bothered the hell out of me. I didn’t say anything, but took my time to try to get in he mindset to tee off.
Topped it into the swamp... took my distance and blasted my 3w into the woods through the fairway, dropped then put one on the green, then 3 putted.....
Snowman.

I finished the nine, but really lost all focus and interest in playing and trying to put up a decent score.
I see this as yet something else to work on, and a learning moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Today was a weird day for me, I got to the course and joined one of the groups that I’ve played with lots.
Back nine is a par 3 followed by 2 par 4’s and I am +1 and feeling really good...

Then, on 12 there’s a turn around for the back tee boxes... doc leaves the cart parked facing away from the hole. I don’t know why, but it bothered the hell out of me. I didn’t say anything, but took my time to try to get in he mindset to tee off.
Topped it into the swamp... took my distance and blasted my 3w into the woods through the fairway, dropped then put one on the green, then 3 putted.....
Snowman.

I finished the nine, but really lost all focus and interest in playing and trying to put up a decent score.

That's.... that's a a new one for sure. Should have taken him up on the offer to drive.

Then, on 12 there’s a turn around for the back tee boxes...

Is it crazy that I'm still trying to figure out if you're actually talking about hole #13 since you addressed holes 10-12 in the "par 3 followed by 2 par 4's and I am +1..."?

Probably no crazier than you getting psyched out by a cart facing the "wrong" way, huh...

Is it crazy that I'm still trying to figure out if you're actually talking about hole #13 since you addressed holes 10-12 in the "par 3 followed by 2 par 4's and I am +1..."?

Probably no crazier than you getting psyched out by a cart facing the "wrong" way, huh...

Lol yes it was 13...

Then, on 13 there’s a turn around for the back tee boxes... doc leaves the cart parked facing away from the hole. I don’t know why, but it bothered the hell out of me. I didn’t say anything, but took my time to try to get in he mindset to tee off.
Snowman.

You just needed an ice cream sandwich ?

Honestly, I never quite heard of anything like this. What would you have done if he parked it on a 45 degree angle? or the local squirrel in that area farted in the wrong direction?

Honestly, I never quite heard of anything like this. What would you have done if he parked it on a 45 degree angle? or the local squirrel in that area farted in the wrong direction?

If a squirrel farted in the wrong direction while I was playing, I'd call Customer Service!

Probably lean on my putter until it broke, then demanded a new one, when I didn’t get it, I’d probably trash a company on a golf forum....
But that’s just me...

Shots fired!!!

I was just kidding with you and making some fun of the situation. Wasn't meant to be any real personal insult.

I was just kidding with you and making some fun of the situation. Wasn't meant to be any real personal insult.

Same.
I just figured I’d poke back as that other thread is a hot one now.

Fact is a lot of strange things throw me off both on and off the golf course, don’t know why. Most times I just take notice and shrug it off the best I can... but for some reason, I just couldn’t yesterday.

And it gets better!
Tonight for league, “doc” is my partner.

I’ll drive.

Snowman.

You folks from TSUN are a strange lot.... :)

You folks from TSUN are a strange lot.... :)

MS came down for the unofficial gathering last month in Ohio. Could have met him and you'd probably still keep the same opinion. :alien:

One guy I ride with on occasion will always pull up on the left side of the ball and we are both right handed. :banghead:

Maybe not strange, but when there are workers there working on the hole in some capacity, I can almost guarantee I will play it badly.

Maybe not strange, but when there are workers there working on the hole in some capacity, I can almost guarantee I will play it badly.

Same. Not sure what they have to do with anything but usually I cr*p the bed when there are workers around

I had one fire up a chainsaw in the middle of my swing when I was pitching on from about 30-40 yards away. The resulting bladed shot dang near hit him, he was just off the back of that green. Yikes!

Same. Not sure what they have to do with anything but usually I cr*p the bed when there are workers around

The presence of the workers doesn't bother me that much. But, untrained, inconsiderate workers really get me riled up. For many years, I was a member of a very private club and all of the grounds keepers were trained to stop everything and get out of the way when members were playing the hole. Their job depended on it, because a couple of negative comments from members usually got them fired. I'm a member of a "semi private" club now in Florida, and the guys here will not stop, even for their own safety. If they're mowing a fairway you're playing, your choice is to hit anyway, or wait for them to finish. Typical example is while I was playing from a fairway bunker, a guy trimming the edges of the bunker with a gas grass whip never stopped even though I was hitting from 6 to 8 feet from him. I talked to the owner about it, and he just shrugged and said "he's just trying to do his job". With that attitude from the owner, good luck on anything ever changing in this regard.

I don't mind workers much. Only when they are out in my landing zone and unprotected. You try to get their attention so you don't hit them but they don't hear you don't see , are oblivious or just don't care. Then its like after ba couple minutes trying to get them to pay attention...Ok Im going to hit, what can ya do? You hit.

I don't mind workers much. Only when they are out in my landing zone and unprotected. You try to get their attention so you don't hit them but they don't hear you don't see , are oblivious or just don't care. Then its like after ba couple minutes trying to get them to pay attention...Ok Im going to hit, what can ya do? You hit.

Exactly this. And then I either A) hit it right at them, or B) hit it off the planet away from them so that I make sure not to hit them.

Same.
I just figured I’d poke back as that other thread is a hot one now.

Fact is a lot of strange things throw me off both on and off the golf course, don’t know why. Most times I just take notice and shrug it off the best I can... but for some reason, I just couldn’t yesterday.

And it gets better!

I’ll drive.

It's great to be able to throw a few jabs and everyone takes it in good fun.

it's dumb, but riding throws me off, I prefer walking

Last edited:
One guy I ride with on occasion will always pull up on the left side of the ball and we are both right handed. :banghead:

haha that is the absolute worse.

Although I tend to get with in a few feet of the ball on the right side. doesn't bother me obviously but I have had a few buddies look at me funny and ask to move just a bit away haha

Same.

And it gets better!

I’ll drive.

Just make sure Doc keeps the cart under 88.

Back