Streamsong trip is booked!!

World Woods was excellent. The layout was always good and the condition of the course was better than Copperhead. It is struggling financially, and the shop has little in it , the food is basic, but the facilities and staff are top class.

Streamsong review... thoughts a few weeks later:

Hotel itself: nice. Plenty of restaurants, nice outdoor relaxing area. Well maintained, clean, etc. however the building exterior I found hideous. That’s not really relevant. It’s not a reason to not stay but I was underwhelmed by the outside and more than satisfied with the inside.

rooms: plenty of space for two people. Clean, well maintained, two TVs, def felt like a resort room.

food: the food was my one gripe. It wasn’t bad per se, but it’s resort prices. It was basically what I spend on a decently nice night out in NYC, but none of the restaurants really hit the spot to a point where I’m aching to go back. There was also nothing healthy to eat. A kale salad, a juice/smoothie bar would have been nice. I ate like crap for three days because I had no other options. I will say however that the Hot chocolate was literally the best I’ve ever had.

Golf:

the part we care about haha.

black course: it’s like miniature golf on some of those greens.If you’re not on the same level as the pin, you’re going to have big ups and downs to put through. It’s fun, but takes some getting used to. Everyone should play it once but not everyone will like it enough to play it again

blue: most scenic if you ask me.

red: the most fun.

the course was in good shape and more than met expectations. Our caddie was great to hang out with for a few days but his reads on putts were a little off.

the par 3 course is a much better place to warm up than the range. These golf courses leave you a lot of bump and run opportunities. I often found from 50 yards out a 5 iron roll was gonna be better than a chip. Treat it like the flag is a destination point and not a target to shoot at if that makes sense.

I’m unsure if I would return. I would need more food options to be quite honest. I can’t eat like that every day and golf. A nice açaí bowl, some whole wheat toast, and a juice for breakfast. A kale smoothie around lunch, def eat the food on the course during golf (it’s good), maybe a nice big kale and quinoa salad for dinner. If you’re like me, check the menu. If you don’t care, the food is fine.

Hotel itself: nice. Plenty of restaurants, nice outdoor relaxing area. Well maintained, clean, etc. however the building exterior I found hideous. That’s not really relevant. It’s not a reason to not stay but I was underwhelmed by the outside and more than satisfied with the inside.

rooms: plenty of space for two people. Clean, well maintained, two TVs, def felt like a resort room.

food: the food was my one gripe. It wasn’t bad per se, but it’s resort prices. It was basically what I spend on a decently nice night out in NYC, but none of the restaurants really hit the spot to a point where I’m aching to go back. There was also nothing healthy to eat. A kale salad, a juice/smoothie bar would have been nice. I ate like crap for three days because I had no other options. I will say however that the Hot chocolate was literally the best I’ve ever had.

Golf:

black course: it’s like miniature golf on some of those greens.If you’re not on the same level as the pin, you’re going to have big ups and downs to put through. It’s fun, but takes some getting used to. Everyone should play it once but not everyone will like it enough to play it again

the course was in good shape and more than met expectations. Our caddie was great to hang out with for a few days but his reads on putts were a little off.

the par 3 course is a much better place to warm up than the range. These golf courses leave you a lot of bump and run opportunities. I often found from 50 yards out a 5 iron roll was gonna be better than a chip. Treat it like the flag is a destination point and not a target to shoot at if that makes sense.

I’m unsure if I would return. I would need more food options to be quite honest. I can’t eat like that every day and golf. A nice açaí bowl, some whole wheat toast, and a juice for breakfast. A kale smoothie around lunch, def eat the food on the course during golf (it’s good), maybe a nice big kale and quinoa salad for dinner. If you’re like me, check the menu. If you don’t care, the food is fine.

I agree on the course reviews. The food though, I mean.. I don’t think the type of clientele they have coming and going there are worried about healthy options.

I agree on the course reviews. The food though, I mean.. I don’t think the type of clientele they have coming and going there are worried about healthy options.

if you put the right fuel in your body, holes 32-36 on a golf trip are where you can really run up the score on your friends.

if you put the right fuel in your body, holes 32-36 on a golf trip are where you can really run up the score on your friends.

It feels much better pracitcing on those greens and making them pay for that steak dinner or old fashioned than a kale smoothie :ROFLMAO:

It feels much better pracitcing on those greens and making them pay for that steak dinner or old fashioned than a kale smoothie :ROFLMAO:

yeah yeah

I just think with all that land and that perfect climate, a big ole garden for fresh fruits and veggies would go a long way for the three of us a year who come visit and care all that much =).

I also forgot to mention the service.

if you ask a question that starts with “would you be able to...” the answer is yes before you finish your question. It feels homey very quickly, and everyone’s attitude is pleasant.

yeah yeah

I just think with all that land and that perfect climate, a big ole garden for fresh fruits and veggies would go a long way for the three of us a year who come visit and care all that much =).

I also forgot to mention the service.

if you ask a question that starts with “would you be able to...” the answer is yes before you finish your question. It feels homey very quickly, and everyone’s attitude is pleasant.

You caught the climate in the winter time. Of course it's perfect, it's perfect out anyway haha

Summer time, it's low to mid 90's and with zero shade, as you saw. You basically just sweat and die.

Wholeheartedly agree with the review, although kale was not on my wish list. Sounds like you had the same caddy. Did he talk on other players backswing?

Wholeheartedly agree with the review, although kale was not on my wish list. Sounds like you had the same caddy. Did he talk on other players backswing?

I couldn’t tell you. I’m not a guy who thinks about that and notices. It bothers me more when everyone was already talking and then stops.

I remember his name. He also works at sand valley in the summers when Streamsong is too hot. When I go there, I will request him for sure as we had a blasT. The caddies we had at pebble were better at reading greens, but it didn’t feel like I had another friend with me the whole time.

I couldn’t tell you. I’m not a guy who thinks about that and notices. It bothers me more when everyone was already talking and then stops.

I remember his name. He also works at sand valley in the summers when Streamsong is too hot. When I go there, I will request him for sure as we had a blasT. The caddies we had at pebble were better at reading greens, but it didn’t feel like I had another friend with me the whole time.

Young kid with a pony tail/manbun?

young kid yes. He had less hair than me. Maybe that’s why I liked him?

Small world, had him as the group caddie on New Years Day. Nice guy, good sense of humor too.

Golf:

Good review. I agree on the quality of the hotel and the rooms. The restaurants were pretty good but nothing outstanding.

The golf courses are all very good. I ranked them Red, Black, Blue. Black is great tee to green but some of those greens on the back nine are way too over-the-top and goofy. Red is start to finish terrific, with great variety, visuals, greens, bunkering, a great walk through nature. Blue has a very good front-9, but the back lost me a bit (except 12 which is a great hole). The fairways are so wide open on some of those back-nine holes that I felt like I was on a driving range. And the bunkering could have been better aesthetically. The greens and green complexes were very good throughout and it has more elevation change than the other two courses.

For on course food, the halfway shacks are excellent and I ranked them Blue, Red, Black. Smelling the brisket for an entire hole on Red sure gets you in the mood to eat.

Back