Streamsong trip is booked!!

BanjoSaysWoof

Reaction score
Going to stream song and playing black blue red (in that order) over three days.

any advice/guidance? I’m assuming walking is the right way to do it, and with a caddie??

Any and all advice is welcome.
Thanks.

If you walk, I think it’s a little cheaper. All three courses are rough walks but they’re all a walkable course. If you take a cart, a forecaddie is mandatory. Walking, you always have the option. I’d recommend one though since those greens are all tricky.

I think you’ll enjoy the red and blue more than the black. The black is stupid, and not stupid good. Or stupid fun. It’s just stupid.

That is awesome. Never have played but definitely on the list to play one day.

They also have restrictions during the year on when you can and can't take carts. Very seasonal.

If you haven't been there keep in mind there is nothing else close, it's in the middle of old phosphate mines. I live within five miles as the crow flies but ten miles by road. Everything is very expensive so be prepared. Due to the prices I won't even consider playing there.

Have fun, I have heard nothing but positive things about both the course and resort. Once in a lifetime trip, enjoy yourself and if you have energy and enough daylight try to play 36 on blue and red.

If you haven't been there keep in mind there is nothing else close, it's in the middle of old phosphate mines. I live within five miles as the crow flies but ten miles by road. Everything is very expensive so be prepared. Due to the prices I won't even consider playing there.

When you say nothing else there:

im assuming that means there is A gas station/convenience store within a few miles but everything else is on the resort??

When you say nothing else there:

im assuming that means there is A gas station/convenience store within a few miles but everything else is on the resort??

within a few miles is generous. You’re about 15-20min from a gas station. I recommend stopping by that Shell station anything you need

I thought everything affiliated with golf (course and clubhouse) was awesome, but everything affiliated with the hotel/resort was sort of a mess. My understanding is that they are (or at least were) owned by different groups and you could tell. Tons of billing errors, logistics nightmares, slow/rude service, and gorgeous rooms that were way out of place (and price) at a golf resort in the middle of nowhere. If you're staying on site, come in with low expectations on the lodging and maybe you'll be pleasantly surprised... but hey, it's all about the golf anyway and that couldn't be better!

P.s. If you start with the red course, be ready to play... those first 5 holes can be tough!

I have three rounds and two nights starting November 11th, have booked a caddy. Don't expect to find anything at a sensible price, I will pack balls etc and eat sparingly!

The closest towns, several miles away, only have one stoplight each. We're here because there's nothing here but that's may not be what everyone wants on a golfing trip. Would recommend having having what you may want or need with you, snacks and such. Nothing will be convenient except what they have. We mostly have orange groves, alligators and snow birds.

I have three rounds and two nights starting November 11th, have booked a caddy. Don't expect to find anything at a sensible price, I will pack balls etc and eat sparingly!

I can’t imagine it will be more expensive than pebble
The closest towns, several miles away, only have one stoplight each. We're here because there's nothing here but that's may not be what everyone wants on a golfing trip. Would recommend having having what you may want or need with you, snacks and such. Nothing will be convenient except what they have. We mostly have orange groves, alligators and snow birds.

Like I should bring a firearm for the gators?? Or are they far enough away I am not in danger?

I can’t imagine it will be more expensive than pebble

Like I should bring a firearm for the gators?? Or are they far enough away I am not in danger?

They’re more scared of you than you of them, unless they’re 10ft+. Then you are the food

They’re more scared of you than you of them, unless they’re 10ft+. Then you are the food

I highly doubt it’s more scared of me than I am of it. Very highly doubt.
I hear streamsong has sporting clays. Will they let me borrow a 20 gauge?

I highly doubt it’s more scared of me than I am of it. Very highly doubt.
I hear streamsong has sporting clays. Will they let me borrow a 20 gauge?

Never done the trap shooting, but they’ll have guns there for sure.

Gators are pretty sissy so you’ll be fine. I don’t recall seeing a whole lot of them out there based on it being an old phosphate quarry but they always find a way I guess

My only recommendation is to invite me. ????

Have a great time. If you can pull it off, walk it with a caddie.

My only recommendation is to invite me. ????

Have a great time. If you can pull it off, walk it with a caddie.

Caddy seems very formal, and this is a buddy trip. I could play the local muni three times with this friend and still have a blast.

I’m a lazy guy so I don’t want to carry my own clubs but if it’s an easy walk I don’t mind. are you suggesting the caddie for course knowledge and help? Or because the walk demands it?

Played Blue on Monday, Black today and Red tomorrow, having an absolute blast. Great courses, excellent accommodation, very good staff, good food , everything I hoped for and more. My caddy is excellent but $100 per day plus tip. So I will be $350 out of pocket. You can hire a push trolley and the walk is easy. But the greens are slick,tricky and have Dumbo buried somewhere. My guy is earning his crust around the green.

Played Blue on Monday, Black today and Red tomorrow, having an absolute blast. Great courses, excellent accommodation, very good staff, good food , everything I hoped for and more. My caddy is excellent but $100 per day plus tip. So I will be $350 out of pocket. You can hire a push trolley and the walk is easy. But the greens are slick,tricky and have Dumbo buried somewhere. My guy is earning his crust around the green.

love hearing that.
I hear the caddy is make or break at this trip.

is yours worth recommending?

Im mainly looking for someone who I don’t mind hanging out with and can read a green.

I’m trying to not say it, but if I lit up a J on the 3rd hole is your caddy the type who would care?

Roby was very laid back.You are paying their wages so you call the shots.

Gregson Lookabill the guy in charge ofthe caddies was very helpful, email the course and he will respond.

Played Red today, in a strong wind and it was 10 degrees colder. Best course of the three, harsh but fair and beautiful. Absolutely loved the courses, but the lodge was not so good. Overpriced, arrogant manager but good youngsters who were trying hard.

Copperhead tomorrow, interesting comparison.

Roby was very laid back.You are paying their wages so you call the shots.

Gregson Lookabill the guy in charge ofthe caddies was very helpful, email the course and he will respond.

Played Red today, in a strong wind and it was 10 degrees colder. Best course of the three, harsh but fair and beautiful. Absolutely loved the courses, but the lodge was not so good. Overpriced, arrogant manager but good youngsters who were trying hard.

Copperhead tomorrow, interesting comparison.

Eesh, talk about opposite ends of the spectrum layout wise. Go from wide open fairways to punch out city if you’re a foot off the fairway, depending on branches.

I like the red the most, I love the layout and terrain there. The hotel itself, I agree. Also when I stayed there, the bar was closed at 8. That’s blasphemy.

There is a best western down the road 20 min away... if you had to do it again would you stay there? Like is the hotel that bad?

I thought the hotel was poor and would suggest the Best Western would be the smart option.

Played Copperhead and although it is a beautiful layout, the condition of the course was dreadful. I thought that Florida courses were in best condition in November after summer rains and before the dry winter. The course today had huge scars on fairways and greens and was in poor condition. Plus being a resort course, five hours was a normal round,.

Off to World Woods tomorrow

I thought the hotel was poor and would suggest the Best Western would be the smart option.

Played Copperhead and although it is a beautiful layout, the condition of the course was dreadful. I thought that Florida courses were in best condition in November after summer rains and before the dry winter. The course today had huge scars on fairways and greens and was in poor condition. Plus being a resort course, five hours was a normal round,.

Off to World Woods tomorrow
So how was World Woods. I played there every year since opening thru a bancrupcy and a few more years but have not been back for about 4 years. Perusing old posts and saw this. I love Streamsong and found the side by side bedroom option a good one for staying.

Back