My uncle just wrapped a Florida Golf Association tournament and compared the conditions to a dog track.... Apparently the greens and some fairways have a terrible disease but they are sold out every day and can't shut down to deal with the problem. Really sad to hear... They are not discounting the greens fees either.

If I have a trip booked there these next few months I would call and ask ahead of time if it's being addressed.

I did some digging and apparently they have mini ring outbreak on the red and blue greens and nematode infestation on the black. I really hope they get it fixed quick! I really enjoy that resort.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
My uncle just wrapped a Florida Golf Association tournament and compared the conditions to a dog track.... Apparently the greens and some fairways have a terrible disease but they are sold out every day and can't shut down to deal with the problem. Really sad to hear... They are not discounting the greens fees either.

If I have a trip booked there these next few months I would call and ask ahead of time if it's being addressed.

I did some digging and apparently they have mini ring outbreak on the red and blue greens and nematode infestation on the black. I really hope they get it fixed quick! I really enjoy that resort.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

That sucks. They've always had service issues, but the golf has been good. Demand for golf is so high right now that everywhere can just about get away with everything. However, that will catch up to places at some point.

I read some other posts and articles and they had been, and were continuing to, discount fees up to 50% for a couple of the courses.

Back