VA. Vince

SC bound...
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN: 15.1
New golf app out that for now is free. Please give it a download and try it out. It's a friend of my bro-in-laws that has done some cool stuff that no other app I have seen has done. It has GPS, group talk while on course, you can see each others scores on course and a ton more. It's free for now...

EDIT - If you choose to try it out please leave your thoughts here. Thanks for trying it out!

Sounds cool Vince. I'll see if I can find it in the Play Store.

Will have to check it out.

Sounds cool Vince. I'll see if I can find it in the Play Store.

Hawk, I have just had a very quick look but I didn't see it in the Play Store, so will you let me know if you see it?

Vince - don't know if it makes a difference, but I have the HTC One X running Android 4.1.1 with Sense 4+

I'll give it a try, the group talk and creating golf leagues sounds neat.

just downloaded it, gonna give it a try.........

Is it on Android?

Downloaded and signed up. Feel free to add me to your friends list. Find me as Rancey Sparks

Hawk, I have just had a very quick look but I didn't see it in the Play Store, so will you let me know if you see it?

Vince - don't know if it makes a difference, but I have the HTC One X running Android 4.1.1 with Sense 4+

Try googling it. I found their website and it had a direct link.

Signed up, I'll give it a try Saturday. First impression is good. I like the layout of the app, and the features are great. Really like the friends idea, and everything you can do with it.

I just downloaded it and will leave some comments over the next few days. Thanks!

Boom. Downloaded. I was able to find it in the Play Store.

Feel free an add me as well - Michael Ha.

Feel free to add me as well; Danny Pearson.

I am downloading, will check it out.

Thanks Vince.

THP group already created. Nice Michael.

I am having issue inviting friends via Facebook. Email and text worked but getting an error via Facebook.

I plan to test this Saturday for sure.

We are playing a test game now. The news feed is pretty cool. I wonder if you can check out friends current score if you are not on the same course? That would be cool.

Had some time while I take a break at work.

So started a group, invited the few who posted and it's pretty neat. We can chat and start rounds of golf together.

It looks like we need to add each other via a 'New Game' for each round to have some sort of virtual leaderboard. Only one person sets this up. Accordingly, it's assuming we're all playing the same golf course. Be really cool if we can have it setup for individuals to score and GPS different courses.
Nice Albatross on the first hole drp!

Try googling it. I found their website and it had a direct link.

Cheers, will have to try it later as blocked here at work

I downloaded the game but I can't get past the New Game screen. Maybe I have to actually be at a course.

I select the game title, select the date, select the course, and when I select Play By Myself if goes back to that screen again and nothing is selected.

Nice Albatross on the first hole drp!

Haha, I just came out of the gate feeling it. It was a little slow for me, but that is most likely my phone; Galaxy S1 that has issues from time to time.

Seems fun. Will take a little time to get completely used to it as there are A LOT of options.

I downloaded the game but I can't get past the New Game screen. Maybe I have to actually be at a course.

I select the game title, select the date, select the course, and when I select Play By Myself if goes back to that screen again and nothing is selected.

So I look areound a little more so I go into Setup.

I create my profile, but I can't select my home course. I get everything else in. Hit Save.

I go to Settings and leave everything as is. Going to Friends, I found Texas Hacker. Where do you find the THP group?

When I back to set up a round, it still doesn't let me get past the Select Course screen. I can select it, and when I select to play by myself, the course is gone.

Guess I need to mess around with it more sometime.

Add me and I will add you to the THP group

I know it was tested in beta, it's still very new and I am sure needs some kinks worked out. I have an iphone and it works on that, my work phone is a galaxy and I found it in the play store. It does take some time as it has a lot going on but all for the better.

Downloaded it......

I'm Richard Sigouin

Striker Golf GPS

I am on... Taylor Ryan

Back