Downloaded - Randy Malone

Anyone figure out if you can delete old stats/info? Trying to clear the test round stuff. Not a big deal :)

I'm digging the social side of this. Could be a very impressive app once bugs are worked out with some added enhancements.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4

Anyone figure out if you can delete old stats/info? Trying to clear the test round stuff. Not a big deal :)

My assumption is you have to go on the website. I am about to test that theory.

My assumption is you have to go on the website. I am about to test that theory.

this does not work. nothing online so I have emailed them to ask.

I did notice it looks like you only get 5 rounds of stat tracking and then you have to buy the membership. I believe that and GPS distances are limited to 5 free rounds. I understand the GPS but the stat tracking is dissapointing

this does not work. nothing online so I have emailed them to ask.

I did notice it looks like you only get 5 rounds of stat tracking and then you have to buy the membership. I believe that and GPS distances are limited to 5 free rounds. I understand the GPS but the stat tracking is dissapointing

Hmm, well then. I'll have to be impressed to purchase, which doesn't happen often.

Hmm, well then. I'll have to be impressed to purchase, which doesn't happen often.

Yeah it's a $25 one time upgrade. Its cheaper than a couple years of Golflogix but the free version of Golflogix still lets you track most stats. Here is a grab from their website:

GPS and RangefinderFree for five games.
Free for tournaments and
competitions organized with
Striker Golf GPS.
Statistics and game analysisFree for five games.
Free for tournaments and
competitions organized with
Striker Golf GPS.

Not gonna give up on them yet though...

$25!? Nope, I'm out. No offense to the creators, what they have here is pretty cool. I'm just not the type of person to spend that much on an app.

Hi all, I am the owner of striker golf gps. Vance was nice enough to introduce you guys to the product. The iphone product works great and module for module, it is by far the most advance gps app out there. The android version is still in beta and has some issues that will be addressed in the next 2 weeks. As for the price, it is the less with more bang than golfshot or other high end gps. No other app will give you game creation ( best ball, match play, alternate shot ) with handicaps, live scoring, and ease of access to your friends. Feel free to comment. This is how we/I learn. thanks

Hi all, I am the owner of striker golf gps. Vance was nice enough to introduce you guys to the product. The iphone product works great and module for module, it is by far the most advance gps app out there. The android version is still in beta and has some issues that will be addressed in the next 2 weeks. As for the price, it is the less with more bang than golfshot or other high end gps. No other app will give you game creation ( best ball, match play, alternate shot ) with handicaps, live scoring, and ease of access to your friends. Feel free to comment. This is how we/I learn. thanks

Sorry, I mean no disrespect to your app whatsoever. From what I see just playing around with it for a little bit today it seems awesome. It's just me; I will most likely never pay more than a few bucks for any app, regardless of what it is. I am cheap when it comes to that stuff.

Honestly, great job on the app. It is impressive. The social part of it is fantastic.

Honestly, great job on the app. It is impressive. The social part of it is fantastic.

This. I have tried others that gave the social aspect a try and yours is the best I have seen. If I could suggest a few things they would be:

- notifications on the news feed for birdies as well.
- ability to see your friends current and past scorecards even when you are not playing the same course.
- maybe an alternative, cheaper membership that allows the stat tracking but disables GPS?

Honestly with these additions I could certainly see myself paying for the app and trying to get my friends on board. Most of us use lasers for distances but enjoy apps for stat tracking. The way you have integrated game creation and social media is very, very well done in my opinion.

Jim is trying to help with the issues you and I talked about on the phone today. He got me into a game, which got my home course into the "current round" mode, so I can always get on with that. Still can't do what we talked about. Not able to create my own new game.

This. I have tried others that gave the social aspect a try and yours is the best I have seen. If I could suggest a few things they would be:

- ability to see your friends current and past scorecards even when you are not playing the same course.
- maybe an alternative, cheaper membership that allows the stat tracking but disables GPS?

Honestly with these additions I could certainly see myself paying for the app and trying to get my friends on board. Most of us use lasers for distances but enjoy apps for stat tracking. The way you have integrated game creation and social media is very, very well done in my opinion.

I'm more about the GPS than the stat tracking, although the stats would be cool too. Although if the $25 is a one time only thing, I wouldn't hesitate. If I can get it to work.

I'm more about the GPS than the stat tracking, although the stats would be cool too. Although if the $25 is a one time only thing, I wouldn't hesitate. If I can get it to work.
Sounds like you should have gotten an iPhone then:eyepoke:

Sounds like you should have gotten an iPhone then:eyepoke:

Hahaha. Others are able to make it work with no issues, so I just gotta figure out why I can't.

The way the website reads I am 99% sure it is only a one time fee. No doubt it is a good deal if you use the GPS.

Color me intrigued...perhaps some of us can try this out Friday in orlando

I have added everyone that posted in here. Feel free to add me: Aaron Christiansen

I like the concept here and will be interested to see where this goes. I will also sexond that it will be nice to see if we could play different courses and still have a leaderboard!

I will be trying this out to see how it works

$25!? Nope, I'm out. No offense to the creators, what they have here is pretty cool. I'm just not the type of person to spend that much on an app.

Same here. $25 is waaaaay too much for me for an app.

Jim is trying to help with the issues you and I talked about on the phone today. He got me into a game, which got my home course into the "current round" mode, so I can always get on with that. Still can't do what we talked about. Not able to create my own new game.

We'll get this figured out for you. I have the same phone as you and I was able to consistently set up games on that course, so there's something going on that we need to identify.

Thanks to everyone else for all of the honest and kind feedback. We understand that not everyone will pay for an app, but there's also plenty of good stuff in there that's free forever. We tried to price the app in the mid-range of what we see other robust GPS apps going for. There are some free and cheap apps out there, but we are really aiming at the high-end of the market and these apps are generally priced between $25 up to annual subscriptions of $20 or more. We opted to go with a simple one-time purchase. Other companies charge per golf course, charge per game, or use a variety of other pricing models that work for them.

Thank you very much for the suggestions. The ability to view scorecards of other players is in development and will probably be ready for the next release. We'll also take a look at our notifications strategy, as your suggestion to include birdies makes good sense. We did think about multiple layers of membership with different options, and we may end up there in a future version as we compile feedback from users. It just didn't seem worthwhile for the first version until we heard from live users. Again, thanks for taking the time to try the app and offer your ideas.

Back