I'm trying to envision this as a social app as well. Will there be added functionality to start new games with a group and play/track different courses? Or perhaps a weekly or monthly leaderboard for your created social group? In which case you can still create games and play alone but still interact with other users.

I'm trying to envision this as a social app as well. Will there be added functionality to start new games with a group and play/track different courses? Or perhaps a weekly or monthly leaderboard for your created social group? In which case you can still create games and play alone but still interact with other users.

sleuth, I'm sorry, but I'm not completely clear on what you are asking here, but I think we are part of the way there. You can currently create one or more social groups (e.g. Friday After Work Golf Group, Saturday Country Club Group, etc.). You can then create one or more games and invite one or all of any group members to that game. Now, what it sounds like you want is to track scores and wins across multiple games for a specific group and roll them up into a leaderboard. Am I understanding you correctly? If so, the only way you could do this is on the current version is to create a psuedo-league which would give you some of what you want. The limitation is that a league is more structured than a social group so I'd have to know more about your intent before I could determine whether or not this would be effective for you. What I think you are asking for is really intriguing and we will give it some thought to figure out what can be done here. Social is at the heart of what we are trying to do and we are always open to ideas of what we can do in that area. Feel free to post or email me if you want to provide any additional details.

sleuth, I'm sorry, but I'm not completely clear on what you are asking here, but I think we are part of the way there. You can currently create one or more social groups (e.g. Friday After Work Golf Group, Saturday Country Club Group, etc.). You can then create one or more games and invite one or all of any group members to that game. Now, what it sounds like you want is to track scores and wins across multiple games for a specific group and roll them up into a leaderboard. Am I understanding you correctly? If so, the only way you could do this is on the current version is to create a psuedo-league which would give you some of what you want. The limitation is that a league is more structured than a social group so I'd have to know more about your intent before I could determine whether or not this would be effective for you. What I think you are asking for is really intriguing and we will give it some thought to figure out what can be done here. Social is at the heart of what we are trying to do and we are always open to ideas of what we can do in that area. Feel free to post or email me if you want to provide any additional details.
The current setup is fine but I guess I'm thinking broader. Currently when you create a game you invite the participants, and then select one course. Consequently the app is limited to tracking scores only for that course. The leaderboard and social aspect becomes localized. I don't know many friends or league guys who would be into this app, to be honest. Though there appears to be some THP interest. What about connecting people in social groups across other states? Granted we wouldn't be able to take advantage of the game creation like best ball, etc. However, being able to keept score and play golf (even if I'm alone) with someone four states over would keep me coming back to this app.

Jim I appreciate your acceptance of our feedback. It is refreshing to see an open minded developer rather than the one who thinks his way or the highway.

I am still going to play with this a little this weekend on the course and I look forward to the next update. I think with a few tweaks the THP group could grow to a hundred members easily.

sparksjr, do you have an iphone or android? Iphone is pretty much where we want it. Android, which began development later still has some issues which will hopefully be resolved in the next 2 weeks. Iphone, you will find is faster to than other apps and more battery friendly. Let me know if you have any issues. Either way, make sure you do the following:
1. Make sure you put in your handicap in settings/profile
2. If you are playing with handicaps, the scorecard calculates and uses your "course" handicap
3. The blue box shows you in real time your Gross score added up over the Net score added up ( no more math )
4. The app will email you your scores
Hope you like it

sleuth, we will be thinking about your idea today in our business meeting. Having said that, we are working on a module now, that will be using our live scoring feature, to create virtual leagues on a single card. For example, you could create a game to play with Vince at Pebble Beach but play on different days on the same scorecard.... leading to points and prizes.

I'm hoping we can use this during our round on Friday as Mike suggested, I really like that idea.

Cheaper than gps watches and skycaddies eh?

I'm hoping we can use this during our round on Friday as Mike suggested, I really like that idea.

Thanks Wake: I am still trying to get used to how to use this forum. I hope I put in your quote correctly.
Prior to your round, follow the numbered suggestions I made above. Also, if you know you you are playing with, the app works most efficiently if you
1. Have all your friends in to start with, so send them "friend" invitations
2. Make a "group" and then send your friends invitations to joint the group. ( this allows your group to have private "group" conversations )
3. Set up your "favorite" courses in settings
4. Make sure you let me know if the courses you want to play are not in our database
Thanks again for giving us a try

sparksjr, do you have an iphone or android? Iphone is pretty much where we want it. Android, which began development later still has some issues which will hopefully be resolved in the next 2 weeks. Iphone, you will find is faster to than other apps and more battery friendly. Let me know if you have any issues. Either way, make sure you do the following:
1. Make sure you put in your handicap in settings/profile
2. If you are playing with handicaps, the scorecard calculates and uses your "course" handicap
3. The blue box shows you in real time your Gross score added up over the Net score added up ( no more math )
4. The app will email you your scores
Hope you like it

I have it on my iPhone. The only issue I had was an error when trying to invite friends thru Facebook so i just emailed them instead. Some of us played a cake test round and we like what we see but need to know how to delete or reset our stats. I have an email into your team already and receive d a fast response that they are checking into it.

When I said "update" I was really referring to your response to the three ideas I tossed out there that you said may come along in an update later.

Thanks again!

A cheaper version with gps disabled would be awesome for me. Any GPS based App doesn't work very well on my home course. I guess the imagery is just not geo-rectified correctly in our area, because every GPS (besides SkyCaddie, who came and walked the course) is up to 20 yards off on my home course. I've tried 4 different Apps that all had the same issue. One even let me zoom in on the Imagery and place my own points, which were still 10-20 yards off, depending on where on the course I was.

If someone made the ability to update the front/middle/center points by simply walking to them and clicking an "update" button, I would be all over that App in a minute.

A cheaper version with gps disabled would be awesome for me. Any GPS based App doesn't work very well on my home course. I guess the imagery is just not geo-rectified correctly in our area, because every GPS (besides SkyCaddie, who came and walked the course) is up to 20 yards off on my home course. I've tried 4 different Apps that all had the same issue. One even let me zoom in on the Imagery and place my own points, which were still 10-20 yards off, depending on where on the course I was.

If someone made the ability to update the front/middle/center points by simply walking to them and clicking an "update" button, I would be all over that App in a minute.

What course are you playing? I hope to make it work for you

Striker:

Been emailing with Jim, and he created a game and invited me to it and I was able to do that. So if I play that course, I have it in the current round.

Still can't create a new game, he is working on that.

I did load it on my wife's phone (she has an S4 too) and it worked fine.

Could it be because I rooted my phone? Can War Eagle get it to work on his phone?

Striker:

Been emailing with Jim, and he created a game and invited me to it and I was able to do that. So if I play that course, I have it in the current round.

Still can't create a new game, he is working on that.

I did load it on my wife's phone (she has an S4 too) and it worked fine.

Could it be because I rooted my phone? Can War Eagle get it to work on his phone?

I have been able to create a game on my rooted S4 with no problems. I tee off in 30 and will be putting this app to the test so I will report back.

I have been able to create a game on my rooted S4 with no problems. I tee off in 30 and will be putting this app to the test so I will report back.

I will try a reboot of the phone. Works with computers!

Well that didn't work! Uggh. I hate when I can't figure something out.

Well that didn't work! Uggh. I hate when I can't figure something out.

Probably obvious but did you uninstall, reboot and reinstall?

Probably obvious but did you uninstall, reboot and reinstall?

I have done the uninstall and reinstall a few times! Rebooted (took out battery once and restarted once) twice.

I have done the uninstall and reinstall a few times! Rebooted (took out battery once and restarted once) twice.

I figured but you never know! lol

I downloaded the app, too. Looking forward to giving it a shot this weekend with some of the guys from THP down at Quail Ridge in Winfield.

I downloaded the app, too. Looking forward to giving it a shot this weekend with some of the guys from THP down at Quail Ridge in Winfield.

Add us and let us know how it goes!

Keep in mind guys that the android version is still glitchy and hopefully we will have these resolved in the next week or two. The iphone version works as advertised

Back