Stroke Lab Black #7 Toe Up Putter

Moderately well. Those that were fit into them or liked them, REALLY liked them.

Funny thing, I just played yesterday with a guy who is a total stick and plays a toe up putter. He rolls it very pure. It is beat to hell as well but he loves it.

I’d give this one a try. The 7 already has a great feel and this shaft set up could be a game changer

Waste of a #7. These flopped the first time around.

Swung by golf galaxy today and as always I perused the putters. They had a couple of these guys out. I like them. I actually like them quite a bit.

@JB - 1) happy bday. 2) when were these released? Just curious because they're marked down to $199 from $249 at GG

@JB - 1) happy bday. 2) when were these released? Just curious because they're marked down to $199 from $249 at GG

Info is in the article at the bottom in the details.

Info is in the article at the bottom in the details.
Yes I saw that. Confusing that it’s on websites marked down from $249 if it was never actually $249, though.

I have far too many putters and frequently have in excess of 40 putts. I got this putter on release and 1 putted 6 of the first 12 greens. I holed my first two putts with it (both outside 10 feet). This coming from someone who went 36 holes without a single one putt green. It is incredibly stable. Years ago I did buy a Marxman Backstryke, but never liked it at address. I still have it - the new big seven is much easier on the eye at address, and much easier to line up. Best $199 I ever spent!

I have far too many putters and frequently have in excess of 40 putts. I got this putter on release and 1 putted 6 of the first 12 greens. I holed my first two putts with it (both outside 10 feet). This coming from someone who went 36 holes without a single one putt green. It is incredibly stable. Years ago I did buy a Marxman Backstryke, but never liked it at address. I still have it - the new big seven is much easier on the eye at address, and much easier to line up. Best $199 I ever spent!

Great feedback. Let us know how it continues to work for you.

Hello - new to this forum. I am trying to find a Odyssey Backstryke - Stroke Lab 7 toe up - would anyone have any idea of where I might find one? I need right handed. Thanks for any thoughts.

Great feedback. Let us know how it continues to work for you.
I'm not very good with the search feature, so I apologize for the time it has taken me to jump in here with my thoughts. I won this putter in the grab bags that went out a while back.

My initial thoughts were that the head was huge, not like marginally big (I use a stroke lab 10) but gigantic. It did however feel pretty good in hand and I thought it was very well balanced.

I took it out for a few rounds and liked what I saw as far as control but the look is.... well it's different and hard to get used to. It also has a very soft feel, almost non-existent contact compared to my 10, and is very quiet. Very little audible feedback to balance out the mental feel of how hard you hit the putt. It does put a very good roll on the putt however and it seems to be easy to line up putts and start them online.

I gamed it for a few rounds and have actually sent it to get shortened, actually I almost traded it off, 35" is too long for me and I'm hoping to get it down to 33" or so because while the look is really hard to get over, it really seems to work well and I want to give it every opportunity to get in the bag and stay. I mean, who couldn't use a little help putting?

Overall, I think it will come down to trying to get over the look of the putter but if it can beat out my 10 that should go a long way towards taking this from that nerdy (possibly frumpy) girl who could be hot to popular girl. Once I get it back I'll jump back in with more thoughts. Again, sorry it took so long to find the thread and share my thoughts.

The 7 w/ 3 sight dots is awesome, this toe up version looks really interesting

Sam from L.A.B. Putters says this is the closest thing to their Directed Force 2.1 putter in terms of being torque free or very low torque. At $199 it is a steal with all the technology it has going for it. I currently game a Honu (bamboo) putter which I absolutely love. Picked up the Odyssey just to have because I believe in the technology. Look at how well Charl Schwartzel putted with that backwards PXG prototype putter that is similar in technology. Low torque or no torque is the way to go unless you have 4 hours a day to practice. Just my thoughts.

Back