Strongest Part of Your Game?

Mmaynard11

Grandaddy Captain Alumni
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Let’s hear it THPer’s with 2019 coming to a close what would you say is the strongest part of your game?

Tee game?
Iron game?
Chipping?
Putting?

Go...

By far my short game. Depending on the day it’s either chipping or putting but basically 35 yards and in, I’m consistent.

irons got a lot better this year though after some wonky swing fixes.

Chipping for sure. There are many times I bring 3 wedges with me as I can create a lot of different shots depending on the lie and flag position.

Putting!

It's a pretty even right now between my tee game and my short game (chipping and putting). Both are as consistent as they have ever been and that's a direct result of me working my ass off to clean those up. 2020 we get the irons dialed in.

Probably my driver. Since I gamed the original Epic Driver, I've learned to hit it properly (from my lessons), and I feel pretty comfortable that I'll do well with it on any given day!

Driver and it's not close.

Apparel

Losing golf balls is the strongest part of mine. All kidding aside, I trust my short game the most. Wedges and putting over anything else.

Short game was what helped me the most this year.

Iron play. I improved my chipping a lot, but it had room to grow. My scoring is most directly related to my iron game, and it was good this year. Even when other things weren't.

Chipping. Shortest swing from around the green, pretty much a putting strokes, guaranteed to be on the green and leave yourself a makeable putt.

I think my iron approach shots is the strongest part of my game at the moment. Still finding consistent driving, chipping is atrocious, putting is just OK.

All full swing shots.

Putting has always been my strong point, but to my surprise, my driving got better this year. I'm hitting a lot more fairways and my distance increased some. I have been going to the gym on a regular basis and that is helping with my strength and flexibility. I'm 67 now and I'm feeling pretty good.

Putting. it's the only part of the game that I enjoy practicing.

My chipping game is my savior. It gives me a lot of one putts, usually with in the 3' foot, or shorter range.

I know all about the strokes gained/lost stats. I just think they were designed for, and better suited for the pros on tour.

My chipping/putting game saves some of those strokes I tend to lose on my tee shots, which is the weakest part of my game.

My chipping stroke is identical to my putting stroke. I get better distance control, and accuracy with it.

Driving the cart without spilling drinks by far! ?

It used to be my driving. I lived and died by the length and accuracy of my driver.
Now it's my putting that I rely on. As I get older and I end up standing closer to the ball....after I my drive,
I had to get better with the putter. I can proudly say that I have become a pretty darn good putter.

Driver, but I am not long just straight. Rarely miss a fairway.

I'd say course management is the best part of my game. I make good tactical decisions based on lots of experience.
I make errant shots which good planning can't predict, but that's why you've never heard of me, right?

Back