Struggling picking new irons

If your fitting experience has left you underwhelmed, you need to try and find a better fitter. Just my 2c

I don't even mind waiting for a couple more months to buy new irons after everything is released. I just don't know when to start looking to schedule my fitting(s) for when everything will be in hand.

I’m sure I’m no help. As I want many sets of irons because I love them. Some guys want a bunch of putters, I want irons. Good news is there are a bunch of really good choices. Some were eliminated for me when I did my fitting as I just didn’t hit them well. Of the others I’d honestly like a set of each. P770, Srixon 785 now the new 7’s, and since hitting the Tiger irons, they are simply amazing. They are not your typical blade. Oh it’s so fun all the new equipment.

I've had my Wilson Fi5's for 15 years. I've been in the market for new irons for over a year. So hard to pull the trigger.

Is there a list somewhere that shows each manufacturer and what model's they have sorted by year? I'm looking at irons and can't tell when they were released nor what's coming out.

I've had my Wilson Fi5's for 15 years. I've been in the market for new irons for over a year. So hard to pull the trigger.

Is there a list somewhere that shows each manufacturer and what model's they have sorted by year? I'm looking at irons and can't tell when they were released nor what's coming out.

Yeah, there is a lot of product over time. Some are immersed in it. I enjoying tracking rumors on upcoming releases -- some of it starts to get easier to predict based on past release patterns -- and the hype gets entertaining. I don't however have much time-depth with iron releases. I can only wax nostalgic for a few years. :cool:

Not to push too hard one brand as also like Titleist, Callaway, Mizuno, Hogan etc but PXG gave me a two hour range fitting with monitor at a private club for $50 and again was a great investment if you can get one of their discounts. I also have a driver and hybrid from them and love the adjustability and the fitter figured out I needed longer shafts due to shortish arms and I have regained with mainly Accrra shafts 20 yards a club. There are so many choices and to disagree with some above I would not wait on new releases if I got a deal on something I hit well in a fitting. I believe many clubs are overly priced versus what one can find by shopping around for a closeout or even slightly used. However, if budget is unlimited that would not be an issue. At my age and declining swing speed i can still hit many irons well, albeit not when I was a club champ and played the old Hogan blades. Let me add in I would also look very hard at Srixon and Cobra if shopping again and in particular the former - beautiful appearance and by feedbacks very fine clubs.

Back