Stryker’s 2021 commitment to better golf

Hope the issue is clarified and you can the necessary steps and resume your normal activities sooner than later.
Thanks bud! I have a suspicion they are going to want to scope it so it will depend on when that gets scheduled and then my guess is it will be a minimum of 4 weeks PT after that.

Well this was an interesting appointment. This doctor says because it is random pain and in different locations combined with no tears in the MRI, he thinks it is something to do with my bicep. It was a bit over my head but I am supposed to go back and they are using an ultrasound to find the exact point the bicep attaches to the labrum and do an injection there. If that provides relief then they may operate to change the bicep connecting to the labrum and make it connect with a bone. It’s really confusing to me but seems like he knows what he is talking about.

He told me to do everything I normally do including playing golf and take detailed kits on pain and locations. Then after the injection see if there is any improvements and if it improved that would mean he was correct and they do the surgical procedure.

I am not sure that makes any sense or if I explained that correctly. Maybe somebody with medical understanding then me can make heads or tails of it all. 🤣

It seems logical. Sort of. They can’t find the specific issue. Want you to trace it with details so they can find suitable injection points.

My wife had a torn bicep, that was a fun surgery.

hope this all works out soon!

Went to Ortho this morning and they used an ultrasound to pinpoint and guide a cortisone injection in to my left biceps tendon. I haven’t been able to play in a couple weeks now due to pain and limited range of motion. Supposedly this should make a huge difference in the next couple days and I go back in about 2 weeks for further evaluation. They will decide then whether or not to do a bicep tenodesis. If so, my arm will be useless for four to six weeks and after that could be another 4 months or more to full recovery.

I have a 4 man charity scramble next Thursday so I am hoping this shot gives significant relief before then so I can at least hit some balls and contribute. I stacked my team with a former PGA Tour player and his +4 handicap son just in case though. Worst comes to worst I will consume all the adult beverages and watch them go low. 🤣

Good luck buddy. Hope the shot(s) help

Short follow up: I went back to Ortho yesterday to do a post injection follow up. After reviewing my progress, some manipulation testing, and reviewing the MRI, they decided not to do the bicep tenodesis at this time. He says it has responded so well there is a very good chance it may never have an issue again. However if it does, I will have to go back and at that time will probably have to have surgery.

It’s been awhile….. been kinda crazy around here. I took a seasonal job with UPS at the start of November that had me working all day 6 days a week helping deliver packages through the middle of January. Then I took a job loading trucks for them in the early morning hours. Between that and shuttling children around I have been running ragged. I bet I only went to the range 2-3 times in that time period and since the beginning of October I have only played 9 holes once and 18 3x.

My shoulder is back to giving me some issues too. I have been going to physical therapy for a couple months now but last night they told me it was as good as they could do and just work on it on my own.

I left UPS a couple weeks ago for a 8-5 M-F job. The work at UPS was not bad but it is the craziest managed place you could ever imagine. However, I have dropped at least 50 lbs since the start of November just due to the nature of the work. I am now down to close to the same size I was around the time I graduated high school.

I have had to make some changes in my swing because of my shoulder limitations. It’s a work in progress but starting to see some really positive results.

Hoping to get back to participating here on the forum more regularly again soon. I miss all you guys and the daily banter! Except @Canadan of course 🤣 Jk bud.

Back