Student of Golf from Malaysia

Caddy Daddy

csf.com

Reaction score
I am 79 years old (2020). I worked as a process researcher. When I started golf in 1972, I studied as much about the golf swing as I could lay my hands on. Two books, in particular, influenced my thinking. They were: Ben Hogan Five Lessons The Modern Fundamentals of Golf and Mindy Blake Golf Swing of the Future. Their ideas started my journey in a lifelong search of a reflex swing. I examined the information that became available to me from a 'cause and effect' perspective. Initially, I played golf with a Hogan-Blake composite swing; this combined the best elements of Hogan and Blake's methods. Gradually, I started to fill the many gaps in golf instruction. Now, I have reached the stage of writing a book on a new swing.

fairwaynut

Enlightened Hacker
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
SingleMalt
I am 79 years old (2020). I worked as a process researcher. When I started golf in 1972, I studied as much about the golf swing as I could lay my hands on. Two books, in particular, influenced my thinking. They were: Ben Hogan Five Lessons The Modern Fundamentals of Golf and Mindy Blake Golf Swing of the Future. Their ideas started my journey in a lifelong search of a reflex swing. I examined the information that became available to me from a 'cause and effect' perspective. Initially, I played golf with a Hogan-Blake composite swing; this combined the best elements of Hogan and Blake's methods. Gradually, I started to fill the many gaps in golf instruction. Now, I have reached the stage of writing a book on a new swing.
:welcome: Happy to have you with us, sir!

6ixOhFore

Husky Eyes
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Welcome to THP.

OGputtnfool

Do it this way, no that way, no... oh, nevemind!
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Welcome!

Nate<80

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
13 Grint
Welcome, sir!

csf.com

Reaction score
Thank for your welcome. I look forward to your views. It matters whether you agree with my thesis or not. It provides me with an opportunity to think more clearly. Sometimes, we all get into our own confirmation bias. Until someone else points out our blind spots!

For me, the convex strike on the ball is compelling. If a convex-bend pole can propel a vaulter over the bar, why can't a convex-bend shaft propel a golf ball a long way? We only need to find a way to get to impact position with the convex-bend shaft, being it yours or mine.

Here is a photo. Try to keep your eyes on the pole and not the distraction.

Attachments

GoldenBuff

Pool noodle fencing
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Welcome! :drinks:

Tevenor

Honored to be the 1st member of the Grandmama!
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Thank for your welcome. I look forward to your views. It matters whether you agree with my thesis or not. It provides me with an opportunity to think more clearly. Sometimes, we all get into our own confirmation bias. Until someone else points out our blind spots!

For me, the convex strike on the ball is compelling. If a convex-bend pole can propel a vaulter over the bar, why can't a convex-bend shaft propel a golf ball a long way? We only need to find a way to get to impact position with the convex-bend shaft, being it yours or mine.

Welcome aboard! You will find there is no lack of opinions and views on the sport we all love here. :)

Snickerdog

Team THP 2019 Grandaddy Alumni
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Welcome to THP.

Snowman

It's a dry heat!
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 17.8
Welcome!

Jeff58

Reaction score
Welcome! I wish you the best with your book and studies.

Because if there were a club head on the end of the pole instead of a person, the head would be out of position to hit the ball.
That was a test, right? 👍👍

chile

One of God’s own prototypes
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Chocolate
:welcome:

Doubleb21

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Welcome to THP!

vdubtx

MC Team Paradise 2020
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Welcome to THP!

Jmk202

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
<13
awesome! welcome and hopefully you'll use the forum to bounce ideas and drafts of your book off of!

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in