Student of Golf from Malaysia

csf.com

Reaction score
I am 79 years old (2020). I worked as a process researcher. When I started golf in 1972, I studied as much about the golf swing as I could lay my hands on. Two books, in particular, influenced my thinking. They were: Ben Hogan Five Lessons The Modern Fundamentals of Golf and Mindy Blake Golf Swing of the Future. Their ideas started my journey in a lifelong search of a reflex swing. I examined the information that became available to me from a 'cause and effect' perspective. Initially, I played golf with a Hogan-Blake composite swing; this combined the best elements of Hogan and Blake's methods. Gradually, I started to fill the many gaps in golf instruction. Now, I have reached the stage of writing a book on a new swing.

I am 79 years old (2020). I worked as a process researcher. When I started golf in 1972, I studied as much about the golf swing as I could lay my hands on. Two books, in particular, influenced my thinking. They were: Ben Hogan Five Lessons The Modern Fundamentals of Golf and Mindy Blake Golf Swing of the Future. Their ideas started my journey in a lifelong search of a reflex swing. I examined the information that became available to me from a 'cause and effect' perspective. Initially, I played golf with a Hogan-Blake composite swing; this combined the best elements of Hogan and Blake's methods. Gradually, I started to fill the many gaps in golf instruction. Now, I have reached the stage of writing a book on a new swing.

:welcome: Happy to have you with us, sir!

Welcome to THP.

:welcome:sir!

Welcome!

Welcome, sir!

Thank for your welcome. I look forward to your views. It matters whether you agree with my thesis or not. It provides me with an opportunity to think more clearly. Sometimes, we all get into our own confirmation bias. Until someone else points out our blind spots!

For me, the convex strike on the ball is compelling. If a convex-bend pole can propel a vaulter over the bar, why can't a convex-bend shaft propel a golf ball a long way? We only need to find a way to get to impact position with the convex-bend shaft, being it yours or mine.

Here is a photo. Try to keep your eyes on the pole and not the distraction.

Attachments

• Pole vault - Angelina Bengtsson.png
    Pole vault - Angelina Bengtsson.png
    40.8 KB · Views: 11
Thank for your welcome. I look forward to your views. It matters whether you agree with my thesis or not. It provides me with an opportunity to think more clearly. Sometimes, we all get into our own confirmation bias. Until someone else points out our blind spots!

For me, the convex strike on the ball is compelling. If a convex-bend pole can propel a vaulter over the bar, why can't a convex-bend shaft propel a golf ball a long way? We only need to find a way to get to impact position with the convex-bend shaft, being it yours or mine.

Welcome aboard! You will find there is no lack of opinions and views on the sport we all love here. :)

Welcome to THP.

Welcome!

Welcome! I wish you the best with your book and studies.

Because if there were a club head on the end of the pole instead of a person, the head would be out of position to hit the ball.
That was a test, right? 👍👍

:welcome:

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!

awesome! welcome and hopefully you'll use the forum to bounce ideas and drafts of your book off of!

Back