Sugar Golf – Golf Ball Review

Thanks for the writeup @Molten

Clicky is always a deal breaker for me, good to hear the Sugar Golf offering avoids that.

The value looks to be there, we'll have to wait and see how well they fare in the market.

On a diet plan and no sugar here and not going to hit a ball makes me hungry....maybe they improve name might bite as practice balls?

Good writeup @Molten, but a pass for me as I don't need spin on the driver.

It would be fun to be able to talk to my ball and call it "Sugar" though. So that's a positive.

cool review!! sounds alot like the Mizuno RB Tour X. Thats the highest spinning ball ive ever tried and sounds similar to the Sugar ball with the extra driver spin. Im sure the Sugar ball is great for the right person!

out of curiosity, @JB have you guys ever tried or plan to review the Clear golf balls?

cool review!! sounds alot like the Mizuno RB Tour X. Thats the highest spinning ball ive ever tried and sounds similar to the Sugar ball with the extra driver spin. Im sure the Sugar ball is great for the right person!

out of curiosity, @JB have you guys ever tried or plan to review the Clear golf balls?

We offered to. Im sure we will in the future.

Nice write up @Molten. As previously mentioned for an lesser know DTC retailer to sell a product is 27-count pack and no other options is a tough pill to swallow. Since you had to buy 27 golf balls at once I’m wondering how many of those you cut in half? ?

Is the cost of entry for trial too high? Should they offer discounted sleeves as a test?

Great review @molten! I’ve seen these on Instagram and was curious how they performed. It’s interesting that they only sale in cube quantity, but maybe that will change in the future.

Is the cost of entry for trial too high? Should they offer discounted sleeves as a test?
Yes, 1000%. That was the exact discussion of someone I gave a few balls to today.

i actually like the simple packaging of these but the price point isn't intriguing enough to move me to purchase... and that spin increase in the long game that Gary noticed is concerning to me. this puts me in the "i'd try but unlikely to buy" camp.

Great write up! I don't think these fit my game, but I really like their business model.

I like that there's more disruption to the big names and prices they charge.

Great article, shows that the average golfer has more choices to play a better quality ball with minimal downsides.

Gary, great write-up. Your Sugar puns made me chuckle.

I liked that you were seeing more spin with these in the irons and wedges, they have piqued my interest.

The more spin on the driver though is a bit concerning, with my current driver, I feel like my spin is pretty good and I fear that I will see the same issues that you did reduced carry and ballooning.

Always enjoy your write-ups, keep up the good work.

Interesting. More spin on my driver is not something I am looking for though. If anything I would like less.

I also agree there should be a way to get in with less than 27 balls. They should have a 3 or 6 ball offer then 27.

They should make a cube shaped box (Sugar Cube) of 8 balls (2 layers of 4 balls) in a nice smaller square box. You could get a big Sugar Cube (27 balls) or a little Sugar Cube (8 balls). They would have to put a cardboard spacer of some sort to make the box the shape of a cube, but it could work. Or maybe three layers of five balls in cube shaped box.

Saw this review which may dispute Molten's findings on driver spin.

It was posted above already.
But it’s important to understand where spin comes from and that is with compression. Spin off the driver fluctuates based on speed at impact.

Eh, i would love to be disputed. I’m wrong a lot. Sadly, the one and off course numbers didn’t lie for me or a few others. I hope they work better for you!

Back