Suggestions for Deer Protection?

Sorry just seeing all the posts about weapons, and I laughed to myself. OP isn’t asking for personal protection. They aren’t planning on breaking into his house and robbing him. :LOL::LOL:

(this was a tongue in cheek reply. I just played through it in my head that the deer are doing like mafia shake downs of OP and can’t stop laughing)

Sorry just seeing all the posts about weapons, and I laughed to myself. OP isn’t asking for personal protection. They aren’t planning on breaking into his house and robbing him. :LOL::LOL:

(this was a tongue in cheek reply. I just played through it in my head that the deer are doing like mafia shake downs of OP and can’t stop laughing)

"Nice garden you have here. It'd be a shame if anything happened to it."

AL Capone once noted, "You can get more with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone."

Buy a $1000 bow, get $500 in camo, get a hunting license. Go out at 4 AM and sit as quietly as you can until sunrise.

Guarantee you will not see a deer for miles. At least that's how it works for me.

All I can say is my shrub line contains forsythia, smoke bush, arrowwood viburnum, and hibiscus. All but the hibiscus are supposed to be deer resistant, which was a key factor in selecting them, and only the forsythia avoided a major assault. I think I will definitely fence in the hibiscus, think about the others, and spread repellent, and maybe hair, everywhere. I also heard last week that Milorganite spread around the base of shrubs in late fall repels rodents because the smell is associated with humans.
Milorganite is a good fertilizer... I notice when I put it down in my yard it smells for about 3 days... then it stops smelling. I guess it's temporary.

motion activated sprinkler - humane. Probably not going to work well in the winter time though.

Paint ball gun - you don't want the deer to get too comfortable around your property. What better way to let them know they aren't wanted and warn their friends. "Hey! What happened to Bob? He's got a racing stripe down his side.":ROFLMAO:

The problem with deer resistant plants is, no one is telling the deer they should be resisting them.:ROFLMAO:

View attachment 8965081
Well if you lived in the Willy Wacks...;)
:cool:
View attachment 8965088
Its quiet and a fun hobby besides.:D

That was my first idea. Kill 'em, butcher 'em, and eat 'em! They're delicious! And low fat, low cholesterol.

Buy a $1000 bow, get $500 in camo, get a hunting license. Go out at 4 AM and sit as quietly as you can until sunrise.

Guarantee you will not see a deer for miles. At least that's how it works for me.

:ROFLMAO: Yeah, it sometimes does seem that way! It's like they have a calendar in the woods and know when hunting season is in.

Back