Summer 2020 game check in: What’s hot, What’s not?

Hot: Driver is tamed again, FW is working alright, new 5 & 6 hybrids are killing it.
Warm: New irons. Work in progress. I hit them fairly solidly, just a lot of thins. I'll adapt, either by tweaking them, or adjusting me.
Not: Putting. Usually a strong suit. For some reason, my aiming bubble is off.

Hot: Putting - averaging 1.8 putts/hole (first time I can remember being under 2 here)
Not: Bunker play - but that's nothing new

The game is shockingly strong right now.

Hot: Iron Play and Wedges
Had a bad driver day on Tuesday and still shot a -5.x differential. These are why. With an iron in my hand I feel like you give me the right distance and my birdie chances are real high. When I have it wrong, greenside wedge play has been hole out or tap in automatic lately. Including bunker play. Holed 3 from the sand in the last week or so.

Not: Driver has been less consistent lately, but hoping I solved that. And putter. I've missed a lot of 8-12 footers on the new greens down here that I'm not used to missing. Definitely feel less confident over the ball and having to putt more safely.

Hot short game and putter. This is saving my rounds.
Not iron game is on and off.

Distances are hot! Putter is hot! Short game, focus, and scoring are not.

Hot - chipping and putting
Warm - iron play
Cold - getting off the tee

Putting has been hot for me. Driver has been both hot and cold. I really struggle on days that I don't drive the ball well.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Mixed bag for me so far. Hitting driver off and on, irons are starting to come around.
Putting is the hottest part of my game right now.

Redhot: Driver = A-U-T-O-Matic
Hot: Irons especially distance. Can be little left-right issues but much improved since summer began
Luke warm: Fairway woods. Not hitting many because driver & iron distances but have hit some bombs off the fairway. Have had a few get loose off the tee, oddly
Not: short game, chipping bad. Really trying to play the ground game as much as possible
Undetermined: Putting. Not bad, distance control is 90% solid. Just not many dropping... too many missed 5 footers...

THis is a part of the coping process of living in Phoenix...so please forgive my taking your statement literally.... But it's HOT! Actual weekend forecast.

1594395888604.png

As for my golf game, everything about my game is volatile. the lone exception is my putting. its in the good state. Why the rest has regressed or only flashed moments of good golf? My mental state. Im not playing and not practicing on a grass range enough. Then miss hits are affecting to many of the following shots...

Great about my game: fun company and competition. AZ THP league is in full swing.

Hot: Driving distance (accuracy is following slowly) and wedge game
Warm: Iron game. I'm really starting to dial in and it feels good
Not: Swing consistency. Throughout a round there are always a couple shots where I look like I forgot how to play lol
Confusing: Putter after this weekend. Before that though I couldn't be more confident with it so I'm guessing it was just a bad couple rounds

Hot: nothing
Not: everything else

:cry::ROFLMAO::cry:

Hot-Driver and 3 wood are on fire.
Good but sporadic- pretty much everything else. One of the three seems to be off on any given day. Irons, chipping, and putting.

MVP this week has to be my 3 wood. It has really come thru when I miss a drive or on Par 5’s.

short irons and wedges are just trash now. developed a bad pull over the past couple months.

Getting warmer: my swing which has suffered from swaying and laziness, working on stable right leg with more rotation and really noticing the difference in consistency.

Back