Beautiful bag! I saw you play the Mirua TC201 last year, are the Srixon irons comparable?

I don’t use the bag when I play. It’s just for holding clubs. I use it when I have a clients clubs built. They come into the studio and see them in the bag before we do our gap testing.
That's awesome. I mean, I'm totally immune to such things, but that bag would definitely have an effect on most.

What's the address there again? I want to touch it. I'll buy clubs if I have to..

Beautiful bag! I saw you play the Mirua TC201 last year, are the Srixon irons comparable?

The Miuras hold a special place in my heart. I think they are the best looking/feeling irons and second place is a ways away. However, I don't get to play a ton and my game has gone downhill a bit because of it. I have always preferred a small players CB, but I love the benefits of a players distance club. I feel the Srixon ZX7 tick all of the boxes for me. They are stronger in loft (though I have weakened mine to take out some offset), the blade length is longer than the Miura, they have the V Sole which is great for my AoA and they are forged by Endo so the feel/quality is top notch. They are still a small-ish players CB, but have quite a bit more forgiveness over the Miura TC201.

killer setup. I’d soil my pants if that bag showed up against me in a match.

May I ask...you are clearly a strong swinger. How do you like the MMTs? Is the 113ish weight not too light for you?
Mind me asking what your driver ball speed is roughly?

I really like the MMTs. I struggled with them when I first brought them into my fitting matrix because I typically don't like to feel a lot of weight in my hands and the MMTs have a unique feel and can sometimes feel heavier in the hands. However, once I dialed in my swing weight with them, they opened up and I have been very happy with them. I originally tested the 125TX but they were just too much for me when I wanted to slow back and hit shots rather than just go full bore. The 105TX feel great and at 113g or so, they have plenty of weight for me. I built them to be D3-D3.5 and I'm really enjoying them so far.

I am a "funny" golfer when it comes to swing speeds. I swing irons really fast but my driver speed is not what it should be compared to my irons. I typically swing 7 iron around 95mph and my driver swing speed averages 112. My fastest ballspeed on TrackMan 4 is 174, but I typically hover around 168mph.

Updated WITB for 2021 (at least the 1st quarter)

Driver - Testing a few -- front runner is Srixon ZX7 w/ Speeder EVO 7 757X at 46"
3 Wood - Ping G425 LST w/ Accra TZ5 75 M5
Hybrid - 18* Honma TR21 w/ Ventus Black 9TX
UT - 20* Srixon ZX UT w/ Ventus Blue 9X
Irons - Srixon ZX7 4-P w/ MMT 105TX
Wedges - 50/60 Cleveland ZipCore Raw w/ MMT 125S
Putter - Olson w/ sound slot and Diamana 135p 2.0 shaft

I had to grind the sole of the 60 to get it to play like I wanted it to. I was in between the 60 MID and LOW bounce options and wanted quite a bit more heel/toe trail relief. I'm using Golf Pride Tour Velvet Align "TACK" grips and am loving them. The driver will not be settled until I've had the chance to test everything. The 3 wood is 70% settled, but I have yet to hit a few for 2021.

The bag was made by Vessel, they did a great job. I do not use it when I play. I have a Ping Hoofer Lite White Camo carry bag that I use.

View attachment 8990523View attachment 8990524View attachment 8990525View attachment 8990526View attachment 8990527View attachment 8990528View attachment 8990529View attachment 8990530View attachment 8990531View attachment 8990532View attachment 8990533View attachment 8990534View attachment 8990535View attachment 8990536View attachment 8990537View attachment 8990538View attachment 8990539View attachment 8990540View attachment 8990541View attachment 8990542

fellow MMT105tx-er! high five!

edit - and the Ventus!

i really really like this setup...

I am a little late to the party but your first bag mentioned was pretty sweet and I love the Moira’s, always wanted a set of the TC-201’s.

The second bag looks top-notch as well and looks like you got yourself fitted out well for the little golf that you can play these days but I understand with three young kids. Hope you have a Lotta fun with those sticks.

@Summit I cant wait to hit the new Srixon stuff. Really cool to see alot more people put them in play this year. I thought the z785 was underrated

I am a little late to the party but your first bag mentioned was pretty sweet and I love the Moira’s, always wanted a set of the TC-201’s.

The second bag looks top-notch as well and looks like you got yourself fitted out well for the little golf that you can play these days but I understand with three young kids. Hope you have a Lotta fun with those sticks.

I’ll get out and play more this year for sure, just don’t know how much “more” I’ll be playing. The good thing is the wife is nearly begging me to get out and play. I struggle with the pricing some of the courses in my area want to charge for the quality of golf they provide.

@Summit I cant wait to hit the new Srixon stuff. Really cool to see alot more people put them in play this year. I thought the z785 was underrated

I gave the 785s a try last year and couldn’t get long with the shape of them. The ZX series is a really good looking iron and even better feeling.

Sick ass bag, and that custom Vessel is FIRE!

Nice looking set up!!

Back