Sun Mountain Hybrid Stand Bag

Redbird

Reaction score
Handicap
Any one have one? If so how do you like it?

I saw this at Golf Galaxy and really liked the look of it. I didn't like the lack of a long pocket along the left side of the bag. You lose a lot of storage space, but it has a huge opening.

I saw this at Golf Galaxy and really liked the look of it. I didn't like the lack of a long pocket along the left side of the bag. You lose a lot of storage space, but it has a huge opening.

Yeah the one thing I dislike about 14 way bags is how your putter never seems to fit right, the hybrid seems to have two pretty decent sized wells in the front.

I bought one in November and have used for 15-20 rounds so far. This bag is phenomenal for riding on carts, but a little too heavy to carry in my opinion. It weighs 6.2 lbs empty. It does have a long apparel pocket. Also i have a putter with jumbo grip on it and it fits easily because the 2 top sleeves on the divider are humongous. The 14 way divider is among the biggest for stand bags at 11.5 inches so all clubs fit very easily. The water bottle sleeve is a little tighter than i'd like but i can live with that.

I bought one in November and have used for 15-20 rounds so far. This bag is phenomenal for riding on carts, but a little too heavy to carry in my opinion. It weighs 6.2 lbs empty. It does have a long apparel pocket. Also i have a putter with jumbo grip on it and it fits easily because the 2 top sleeves on the divider are humongous. The 14 way divider is among the biggest for stand bags at 11.5 inches so all clubs fit very easily. The water bottle sleeve is a little tighter than i'd like but i can live with that.

You don't have any pics of the thing with or without clubs in it do you?

If you like this one you may also like the SM Sync bag. Plenty of room and large putter compartment. This will likely be my next bag.

TapAhoy!

I don't have any pics tonight but I will take some tomorrow as i was planning to post some in witb thread

IMG_0505.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_0511.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_0506.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_0503.jpg
[/IMG]here ya go

SM really have got their bag layout spot on - the number and location of the pockets make it their carry/stand bags the best IMO. However, with the added weight of a 14-way divider the Hybrid seems to be a bag for use on a cart 95% of the time. I think a stand bag should way under 5lb to be comfortable to carry week in week out. The SM Four 5 would be my limit weight-wise.

this will probably be my next bag as well. I always use a trolley so the extra weight is not a big issue for me.

I had one for all of two rounds. It was too heavy to carry and didn't fit on my Speed Cart at all. I bought it because they told me it was easy to carry and fit well on the SC. Nope.

IMG_0505.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_0511.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_0506.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_0503.jpg
[/IMG]here ya go

Thanks!!!!!!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 via tapatalk (Ban this Apple 8========D )

Saw it at the shop today, its not as big as I was anticipating. Will probably be my next bag.

It looks good. I have a putter well on my Titleist bag and I wondered where to put the putter in a stand bag. I like the idea of a stand bag while loading and unload from the car and also on the range. I may take a closer look at this one.

It looks good. I have a putter well on my Titleist bag and I wondered where to put the putter in a stand bag. I like the idea of a stand bag while loading and unload from the car and also on the range. I may take a closer look at this one.

I put mine in the bottom left square in my bag (7-way dividers) although most like to share it in the slot for the driver based on what I've seen in stand bags.

I had one for all of two rounds. It was too heavy to carry and didn't fit on my Speed Cart at all. I bought it because they told me it was easy to carry and fit well on the SC. Nope.

what's the weight on it empty?

A friend of mine has one and compared to my Ogio Grom its massive, not sure if I would really like walking the course with that big of a bag.

Its a cart bag first with the benefits of a stand bag, that can be used if you HAD to walk. If I walk I use my Vapor X bag.

Does anyone have any reviews/updates on this bag? I want something I can use for walking/riding/carting?

Does anyone have any reviews/updates on this bag? I want something I can use for walking/riding/carting?

Playing with it in the store, I wouldn't want to carry it farther than the range or onto my riding/push cart. Those new big Ogio's look like more of a carry bag.

Playing with it in the store, I wouldn't want to carry it farther than the range or onto my riding/push cart. Those new big Ogio's look like more of a carry bag.

Thanks for the input Frank. I'll have the check them out next time I'm in GG. I had an Ogio before my C130 and experienced some quality issues which is why I'm leaning towards SM again.

Thanks for the input Frank. I'll have the check them out next time I'm in GG. I had an Ogio before my C130 and experienced some quality issues which is why I'm leaning towards SM again.

What I do like and I think I posted some pics earlier in the thread is that you can stash the carry straps and keep them out of the way, while on a walking/riding cart. That is my biggest issue with my stand bag now, the straps get in the way.

Well maybe I didn't in this thread

Here they are:
Spoiler

IMG_0299.jpg

IMG_0298.jpg

IMG_0297.jpg

IMG_0296.jpg

Back