Bumping this thread. Think of picking up a bag just for the range.
Any updates in a year’s time?

CD86A83A-E4A8-4EC4-A7E0-52CBFFA16FF1.png

I use this one when I walk and really like it.

ive enjoyed this since October. 7 clubs may be a little snug if you have bigger grips but it handles 6 like a champ.

1645321550311.png

I bought a Datrek Ranger off the local golf shop. It seems to be one of the Orlimar "variant" of Sunday bag, with 1 divider, a handle and spring-out legs. There's a lot of bags just like it, differing by maybe a pocket or so.

For me, I only bag 5 clubs because I carry a fat-grip putter. 6 clubs will fit, but it gets a little tight at the bottom and the bag gets a little heavy, and that just defeats the point of a Sunday bag.

Anyway, I love the damn thing. It's basically a giant golf purse, carrying my clubs, everything in my pockets, plenty of balls, and a Cutwater Mai Tai without any strain. Very light to carry around par 3 courses and doesn't leave you lacking for anything. It works great for short courses, great for the driving range, and great for games of whack-f**k.

The ring on the bag is a burned-out glow necklace I strung to it for playing a round of brewery-sponsored night golf. The Sunday bag definitely fits that vibe. For playing inebriated rounds of 9 hole glowball-golf, you don't exactly need to be packing a staff bag.

UT7D6iw.jpg

Last edited:
I bought a Datrek Ranger off the local golf shop. It seems to be one of the Orlimar "variant" of Sunday bag with 1 divider, a handle and spring-out legs. There's a lot of bags just like it, differing by maybe a pocket or so.

For me, I only bag 5 clubs because I carry a fat-grip putter. 6 clubs will fit, but it gets a little tight at the bottom and the bag gets a little heavy, and that just defeats the point of a Sunday bag.

Anyway, I love the damn thing. It's basically a giant golf purse, carrying my clubs, everything in my pockets, plenty of balls, and a Cutwater Mai Tai without any strain. Very light to carry around par 3 courses and doesn't leave you lacking for anything. It works great for short courses, great for the driving range, and great for games of whack-f**k.

The ring on the bag is a burned-out glow necklace I strung to it for playing a round of brewery-sponsored night golf. The Sunday bag definitely fits that vibe. For playing inebriated rounds of 9 hole glowball-golf, you don't exactly need to be packing a staff bag.

UT7D6iw.jpg

got that one as well for when i play the par-3 course in the next town over and when i hit the range...great little set up.

Back