I’ve no issue with it, but seems a little strange when he’s alive. I wonder if Tiger would give up his Sunday red if the situation was reversed, and say it was Ricky Fowler in hospital.

I have seen it a few places now. People calling for all tour players to wear red on Sunday in Tiger support..

What do you think? I honestly think it is a bit much.. I don't it is needed.

What’s need got to do with it? I hope they do it.

A compound fracture is no joke. Infections happen and once you are septic, things can go south pretty quick.

It may seem over the top to some, but what is wrong with telling someone how much they mean to you?

It’s been explained multiple times in this thread by medical folks how serious this injury is. Alex Smith came very close to full blown sepsis and possibly death. I guarantee you his physicians/surgeons are concerned.

I think it'd be more fitting if Tiger had passed away. Not to say he doesn't still need support. I think it would be really cool to see, but doesn't really feel necessary.

I'm trying to think of an answer in a way that doesn't conflict with others opinions.

I'm trying to think of an answer in a way that doesn't conflict with others opinions.

It is my opinion that is not possible.. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Give them all a frank head cover..
I actually like this better than the all red. But it is such a good idea it should be saved for when Tiger actually passes away.

If the players want to do it, I say let them. I understand why some may think it's over the top, but I see nothing wrong with it personally. Whether you like him or not, he means a lot to the game and possibly more to many of the players at that level than most of us probably comprehend.

If this happens I'd like to see every tour player do something for every tour player that may be going through something at that time.
What's good for 1 should be good for all right? We're all equals right? 🤷‍♂️

If this happens I'd like to see every tour player do something for every tour player that may be going through something at that time.
No...we're not all equals. You could argue Tiger has no equal when it comes to his influence on the game of golf.

I will wear my sunday red and nike hat at home... or maybe for my simulator round haha

I will wear my sunday red and nike hat at home... or maybe for my simulator round haha
Now I feel inferior! *looks for Nike hat with expedited shipping*

No...we're not all equals. You could argue Tiger has no equal when it comes to his influence on the game of golf.
Missed it!

I think the guys on tour are a pretty tight nit and supportive group, I know they did some things for Camillo Villegas this past summer when his daughter passed away from cancer.

I think the guys on tour are a pretty tight nit and supportive group, I know they did some things for Camillo Villegas this past summer when his daughter passed away from cancer.
They've shown they can rally together for worthy causes. Like Villegas, United Way, hatred of Reed...

I have seen it a few places now. People calling for all tour players to wear red on Sunday in Tiger support..

What do you think? I honestly think it is a bit much.. I don't it is needed.
I am a Big fan of Tiger but that being said I do NOT like this stuff only because if someone doesn't want to do it they shouldn't have to answer for it and they way everything is now would just be another distraction for that individual.

JMHO

I am a Big fan of Tiger but that being said I do NOT like this stuff only because if someone doesn't want to do it they shouldn't have to answer for it and they way everything is now would just be another distraction for that individual.

JMHO
I can get behind that line of thought. It puts players in a position where they’d basically have no choice but to do it, and the media (and social) would make a big deal of anybody who didn’t conform. I think there would be inferences made that had nothing to do with anything, and guys would potentially be stigmatized If they didn’t do it, regardless of their actual reasons.

I like it and hope that it happens. Wouldn't be to hard to make it happen. It's not like Nike can ship in a bunch of red shirts to there guys.

Why do they have to be Nike shirts? That would kill the deal. These guys have endorsement contracts with various apparel makers. If they all call their agents and tell them they need a red shirt and black slacks delivered pronto, it will happen.

I think it'd be more fitting if Tiger had passed away. Not to say he doesn't still need support. I think it would be really cool to see, but doesn't really feel necessary.

So? Professional golf tournaments aren't really "necessary".

Exactly! If these players have any idea of what side their bread is buttered on, every last one of them will wear red and black on Sunday!

He may never catch Jack and his record for majors, but he is the GOAT, and it is really cool that the tour players would do this.

as long as it's not some corporate crap they can wear whatever they want

Why do they have to be Nike shirts? That would kill the deal. These guys have endorsement contracts with various apparel makers. If they all call their agents and tell them they need a red shirt and black slacks delivered pronto, it will happen.

I didn't literally mean only Nike. It was just an example

meh... whatever guys want to do should be up to them.... not contrived or coordinated

Back