The whole thing is ridiculous.

The shaming of those who aren't/can't wear the red/black has taken a cool thing and turned it into a mockery.
Totally agree.

Indeed.

The shaming of those who aren't/can't wear the red/black has taken a cool thing and turned it into a mockery.
It seemed to me like a cool thing--albeit a bit premature. (He's alive, and might even be able to play again, so...?) But, still: Ok. Now the social media mob is badgering those who cannot, for contractual reasons, participate.

It's disgusting, and one of the many reasons I no longer have any social media accounts, and expect I never again will.

I guess I’m missing all the harsh criticism players are facing for not wearing red. Seems like people are blowing that out of proportion just as much as anything.

You guys are making the mistake of equating Twitter and other social media sites with the general public. I believe most folks would say it’s cool that some players paid tribute to Tiger but that it’s no big deal for those that couldn’t or didn’t.

Just my opinion.

I think its neat. Tiger means a lot to these guys. If they do cool. If they don't cool.

Completely agree here, although I thought the whole idea was lame from the start. Really, who didn't see this coming?

the fact that the announcers are making big deal about pointing out those who are? let it go.....let the ones who did, be quiet lemmings. maybe not all could get Clothing MFG to get the logos on quick enough...

I guess I’m missing all the harsh criticism players are facing for not wearing red. Seems like people are blowing that out of proportion just as much as anything.

I think this is the same thing as all the outrage for the golf hoody.

Probably wouldn't be a big deal is the announcers didn't being it up every 10 minutes and after every commercial

Max Homa was getting a lot of grief on Twitter because he is not going to wear red/black today. I don't know who sponsors him but he had no red/black and he is contractually bound to wear all of his logos. Sounds as if his agent told him that you don't want to get sued and we can't get the logos done on time.

Max was apologizing.

That is ridiculous. He has nothing to apologize for. Sheesh...

ps: the irony is Max Homa is a huge TW fan.

Last edited:
It's important to remember social media, like the population in general, is made up of mostly stupid people. It's easier for the Nike sponsored players to wear red and black.

It's important to pay the negative people on social media no mind, because they don't matter.

Again, people by and large, are stupid.

Probably wouldn't be a big deal is the announcers didn't being it up every 10 minutes and after every commercial
To a point it feels lazy, but at the same time it’s possibly the biggest story in all of sports right now. I’d prefer it be an organic player-driven gesture, but I know that’s too much to ask for.

It's important to remember social media, like the population in general, is made up of mostly stupid people ...........
aka: lemmings

It's important to remember social media, like the population in general, is made up of mostly stupid people. It's easier for the Nike sponsored players to wear red and black.

It's important to pay the negative people on social media no mind, because they don't matter.

Again, people by and large, are stupid.

Wait... I’m on social media..

To a point it feels lazy, but at the same time it’s possibly the biggest story in all of sports right now. I’d prefer it be an organic player-driven gesture, but I know that’s too much to ask for.

Dude, Wish sometimes i still lived in the northeast, i used to get up that way once in a while and i bet we would have a blast playing 18

Dude, Wish sometimes i still lived in the northeast, i used to get up that way once in a while and i bet we would have a blast playing 18
Been a rough winter up here. We’ve been pretty much snow covered since mid-December. Has me wanting to get out of the northeast!

I have seen it a few places now. People calling for all tour players to wear red on Sunday in Tiger support..

What do you think? I honestly think it is a bit much.. I don't it is needed.

Agree, seems a bit dramatic. Notah Begay, who I generally like, is clearly too emotionally involved to be broadcasting. Of course everyone likes and supports Tiger. No need to act surprised and harp on it for hours on end.

Agree, seems a bit dramatic. Notah Begay, who I generally like, is clearly too emotionally involved to be broadcasting. Of course everyone likes and supports Tiger. No need to act surprised and harp on it for hours on end.
He is freaking brutal right now.

There’s a reason he’s sometimes referred to as “Notah the Mouthpiece”.

I have seen it a few places now. People calling for all tour players to wear red on Sunday in Tiger support..

What do you think? I honestly think it is a bit much.. I don't it is needed.
I think its quite silly. Tiger is hurt, not dead.

I have not been able to watch today.. sounds like a great event is being overshadowed..

Back