Hey Big Lefty

Here are the pics. Sorry they are bad, I left my digital cam at the office. I snapped the clear lenses as they are the easiest to see that there is not an insert. The whole lens is prescription. I know they used to do the insert in the M-Frame but both my clear and black iridium prescription lens is fully prescription. I hope this helps.

What size lens do you have?Standard or the larger one?

What size lens do you have?Standard or the larger one?

I have the XLJ mostly because I liked the way they looked compared to the standard lens. I did not really feel a big difference between the two to be honest with you.

That looks like the Oakley Radar. I personally found those to be to bulky under a hat. I like the way the Half Jacket and the Flak jacket feel. They feel very similar to one another on my face.

Yes, that is the Radar.

I see the Flak Jacket has a slightly larger lens.I'd for sure pick those over the Half just for the larger lens. I hate having my eyes look between the bottom of the lens and check when taking address.That's why I'm looking for the largest lens

Yes, that is the Radar.

I see the Flak Jacket has a slightly larger lens.I'd for sure pick those over the Half just for the larger lens. I hate having my eyes look between the bottom of the lens and check when taking address.That's why I'm looking for the largest lens

I would go with the Flak then. The lenses is slightly larger. They are really comfortable as well. I went with the half jacket because I wear my clear lens glasses all the time and they are a little more subtle. The Flak Jackets are sweet feel great and fit really well under a hat.

I would go with the Flak then. The lenses is slightly larger. They are really comfortable as well. I went with the half jacket because I wear my clear lens glasses all the time and they are a little more subtle. The Flak Jackets are sweet feel great and fit really well under a hat.

I really like those Bottle caps ones the best.I just don't know the lens size to make a decision

Have you tried any of the other Tints? The sales person suggested the g30 Lens to help with depth perception

I really like those Bottle caps ones the best.I just don't know the lens size to make a decision

If I remember correctly the Bottle Cap is a smaller glass. The web site also says made for a small to medium face. I have not tried those on.

Have you tried any of the other Tints? The sales person suggested the g30 Lens to help with depth perception

I have a custom G30 lens on my M-Frames. They are very nice but they are for low light and on a bright day they are extremely bright. In low light they work exceptionally well.
I also like the blue tints as well.

I have a custom G30 lens on my M-Frames. They are very nice but they are for low light and on a bright day they are extremely bright. In low light they work exceptionally well.
I also like the blue tints as well.

Humm,Not good for bright Az then.

What about the G30 Iridium version.The Iridium should help with bright sun?

Gold Iridium is another one recommend to me

Humm,Not good for bright Az then.

What about the G30 Iridium version.The Iridium should help with bright sun?

Gold Iridium is another one recommend to me

The G30's I have were a custom (at the time) with the blue iridium. They are still very bright.
The gold lenses are also very nice. I have those on another pair of M-Frames and they are very nice. I forgot about those. I would also recommend those.

I also have a pari of the Oakley Gascan's and they have the Ruby Iridium lens. I like those ruby lenses a bunch as well.

You like all those different lens for golfing? I'm only looking for golf specific lens

Found the specs for the bottle cap,not the Xl. It is a touch smaller vs the xlj on the flack jacket.

XLJ 63 - 39.1 Bottle cap 62 - 35.1. I'd imagine the Xl would be close in size to the XLJ

You like all those different lens for golfing? I'm only looking for golf specific lens

Found the specs for the bottle cap,not the Xl. It is a touch smaller vs the xlj on the flack jacket.

XLJ 63 - 39.1 Bottle cap 62 - 35.1. I'd imagine the Xl would be close in size to the XLJ

I guess I should have specified what I actually golf with. :act-up: I use the Black Iridium as it seems to me to be a good all purpose lens for different conditions. For baseball I go between the G30 and black iridium. I wear the Ruby Iridium for everyday wear.
Oakley sells a "Golf Array" that comes with three lenses specifically for golf. The Gold Iridium, Persimmon Lens and the G30. That kind of helps to tell what they think are the best lenses for golf.

I must add that the Iridium lenses do reflect on to your nose. I wore my M-frames a few years back when I was in AZ golfing Tatum Ranch and caught quite a burn on my nose. I am sure you have dealt with this before. I happens to me in the Colorado sun as well when I wear my glasses Iridium lenses for a full 18.

I guess I should have specified what I actually golf with. :act-up: I use the Black Iridium as it seems to me to be a good all purpose lens for different conditions. For baseball I go between the G30 and black iridium. I wear the Ruby Iridium for everyday wear.
Oakley sells a "Golf Array" that comes with three lenses specifically for golf. The Gold Iridium, Persimmon Lens and the G30. That kind of helps to tell what they think are the best lenses for golf.

Just looking on their site the Persimmon seems to weird to play golf in?

They also recommend the Vr28. Can't find the color on that one.Must be similar to the vr30

I must add that the Iridium lenses do reflect on to your nose. I wore my M-frames a few years back when I was in AZ golfing Tatum Ranch and caught quite a burn on my nose. I am sure you have dealt with this before. I happens to me in the Colorado sun as well when I wear my glasses Iridium lenses for a full 18.

Can't say I have.Then again I always put sun screen on.

Can't say I have.Then again I always put sun screen on.

I stupidly neglect the sunscreen on many occasion.

I do think the VR28 is very similar to the 30.

I'm wondering if the Vr 30 will be good for me. I've never really worn sun glasses while playing.Just started because I move to AZ from Cali. So,I'm used to the bright sun without sun glasses?

frame03.jpg

Take a look in to the Nike sunglasses too... The golf tint lenses are excellent for golf! I owned a pair, but I sold them when I stopped wearing glasses on the course. You should be able to pick up a pair pretty cheap on eBay.

Lefty,
I've worn the Flak Jacket for golf for a couple years now. I can provide a couple points to consider:

1. The G30 is relatively light, but I find it's a good lens for golf, even if it's very bright outside. I wear a golf cap, so between the bill of the cap and the G30 lens, it's never too bright. I've tried the black iridium and found it too dark for golf, particularly for rading greens. Even the gold iridium was darker than I prefer. Since you've never worn sunglasses on the course before, this might be a good option for you.

2. You should try out both the XLJ and the regular oval lens. I wanted the XLJ, but it didn't fit my face well. The bottom edge dug into my cheek.

Good luck.

Lefty,
I've worn the Flak Jacket for golf for a couple years now. I can provide a couple points to consider:

1. The G30 is relatively light, but I find it's a good lens for golf, even if it's very bright outside. I wear a golf cap, so between the bill of the cap and the G30 lens, it's never too bright. I've tried the black iridium and found it too dark for golf, particularly for rading greens. Even the gold iridium was darker than I prefer. Since you've never worn sunglasses on the course before, this might be a good option for you.

2. You should try out both the XLJ and the regular oval lens. I wanted the XLJ, but it didn't fit my face well. The bottom edge dug into my cheek.

Good luck.

Thanks,But you mis read a touch of what I said or I wasn't very clear about it.
When I lived in Cali, I never wore sun glasses.Never felt the need for them. But, living now in AZ I need to were them.I currently wear Von Zipper Kickstands and they just are not cutting it.Great fro everyday wear and driving,just not for playing golf.Lens is a touch small and when I get my head aligned correctly my eyes require looking between the bottom of the lens and my cheek.That's why I'm looking for a new pair to help give me more vision through the lens to keep my head aligned with spine while address the ball.Otherwise my head drops and prevents the proper shoulder turn and I lose my spine angle.It's not much but enough to bother me.

I have been trying the regular lens with the flak jacket and it's just to small.The Xlj is better for me,But I just don't know.The only way to realy know is to just buy and hit balls on the range and see if it's any better then what I have.If it is then send in for the prescription.

When I mentioned earlier about maybe the G30 might be good for me,it's cause I'm used to not wearing sun glasses while playing.My current lens color is much lighter then what I saw in the Oakley store over the last 2 days.

When I was wearing the darker tints,I felt I was squinting to see clearly.Where with my lighter shade color, I felt more relaxed. I dunno

Back