Sunice Tornado Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Todd H is back with another review this week.

For those of you who are like me,your golf season may not last 12 months. Typically around this time of the year you are going through some sort of golf withdrawal and may even be tired of hitting at an indoor range, putting on your new putting green, or chipping off your chipping mat. There just isn’t a substitute for being out on the course is there? As obsessed duffers we look for things to extend our golf seasons anyway we can and that starts with clothing.

http://thehackersparadise.com/home/?p=12097

Last edited:
Nice review, Sunice stuff is top-notch. I have a rain jacket, rain pants, and a pullover that are made by them, and they are all pretty nice. The sleeve design that is mentioned in the review is on my rain jacket, and it really helps to keep the rain from sliding up your forearms when it's on your hands. Sunice has already been announced as the provider of the rainsuits for the US Ryder Cup team in 2012, so I really doubt they'll have a debacle like in Wales last year!

Goodness Hanks, that was an incredible review!!! I just picked up my first "investment" peice of rain/wind wear this winter, and although it isn't Sunice, I knew exactly what some of the features were you were discussing. I will say this though: this offering from Sunice just looks fantastic. I love that it is more long sleeve shirt looking than it is rain jacket looking.

Again, great review, very thorough. I literally have no questions to ask, lol

Great job on this, Hanks. I love the enthusiasm for a great product. It's an awesome looking jacket. LOL, I LOVED the hose down test. Very creative.

Thanks buddy! the highlight of this jacket is that it didn't even feel like a jacket at all, more like a long sleeve shirt as you're pointing out. The pictures on their website or in the review truly don't do this jacket justice. The details have to be seen to really appreciate it. I'm going to bring it with me to the outing in case there's more wind and overcast skies just so I can wear it and have others try it as well.

Goodness Hanks, that was an incredible review!!! I just picked up my first "investment" peice of rain/wind wear this winter, and although it isn't Sunice, I knew exactly what some of the features were you were discussing. I will say this though: this offering from Sunice just looks fantastic. I love that it is more long sleeve shirt looking than it is rain jacket looking.

Again, great review, very thorough. I literally have no questions to ask, lol

Don't our jobs become super easy when you have a product you just love? Exactly how I felt about this jacket. I can't wait to wear it for spring golf around here. The 'hose down' test was a last resort as I was hoping for some sort of rain to go hit in but no such luck during the review period. And no, I did not do Flashdance in the jacket either, bro.
Great job on this, Hanks. I love the enthusiasm for a great product. It's an awesome looking jacket. LOL, I LOVED the hose down test. Very creative.

LOL at Flashdance.

Best review ever, good job buddy! I could really use some dependable rain/wind/cold weather gear around here, that's for sure.

Great job buddy, very indepth.

I :love: Sunice...it rarely gets COLD here but when it does, I've got a nice reversible vest and 2 fleeces and 1 with thermal. They're so nice and comfy and when you golf in them, it still provides good stretch to play in. They are GREAT!!!

This was a great review Hanks. Cost has always kept Sunice gear out of reach for me, but it sure is some of the best out there. One of these days, I'll have to suck it up and just buy some. I've had my eye on some for quite some time now.

Thanks man, the check is in the mail! Definitely check out their stuff
Best review ever, good job buddy! I could really use some dependable rain/wind/cold weather gear around here, that's for sure.

Like I said in my review this kind of thing is an investment. If you were to get something similar to the jacket I reviewed in terms of color, etc it will never go out of style and will always be practical let alone match almost everything. Stop pondering a new driver and go get some Sunice, eh?
This was a great review Hanks. Cost has always kept Sunice gear out of reach for me, but it sure is some of the best out there. One of these days, I'll have to suck it up and just buy some. I've had my eye on some for quite some time now.

I have one of their Hurricane jacket's and a windstopper pull over. Good stuff.

A great review!! Perfect job describing the product and educating us on the features of the jacket.

Thanks man, the check is in the mail! Definitely check out their stuff

Like I said in my review this kind of thing is an investment. If you were to get something similar to the jacket I reviewed in terms of color, etc it will never go out of style and will always be practical let alone match almost everything. Stop pondering a new driver and go get some Sunice, eh?

Yes sir! :D

Great review, I was introduced to Sunice this Fall. I have the Sunice Olie Superlite Pullover and it's awesome I've practically worn it out.

Some of you asked me if the Sunice jacket I reviewed was really worth the investment, really was as good as I said it was, etc. Well today it's a rainy and windy day here in the NE and I decided to wear the Sunice Tornado jacket while running some errands. I grabbed a picture of just how good this jacket is at repelling water and keeping me dry and warm. You can't tell from the picture how dry and warm I was (trust me, I was) but I think the picture says it all.... See how the water just beads up and sits on the material? After a little build up the water just runs off the jacket. Fantastic!

EDIT- Picture won't attach.......as soon as I figure out what's going wrong I'll update the post with a picture. Sorry
b5938915.jpg
b5938915.jpg
b5938915.jpg
[/IMG]

That's a beautiful jacket. If I can convince my mom to get over the price tag, this could be a birthday present considering it's dual use. I can see wearing this off the golf course on those rainy summer days. It would also be nice to have a wind jacket without that scratching noise also!

Wow I love the look of those but not a fan of the colours. I actually like the womens more than the mens. Great review! I'd love to invest in a good rain suit as I don't mind and actually like playing in the rain.

Back