Sunset Beach 1-Off / Handmades

SunsetBeachGolf

Truly Custom Putters
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 1.5
New to Sunset Beach Golf.......
Do you have a design in your head and want a custom putter milled like that design?
Do you want a replica of your favorite putter milled?
Checked around and the money is just too steep?

Well here we are innovating again.

We are in the process of doing our first 1-off and pictures will be up of it in the next couple of weeks and you will be blown away by our pricing and attention to detail.

Please contact me directly at cbjordan@ssbeachgolf.com with what you want and I will get back to you with a quote. Every putter will be different in price depending upon the amount of time that will be required to mill it.

I can pretty much use any metal you want, obviously some metals increase the cost of the putter and the cost to mill it. Copper is a more expensive metal so it's material cost is more. Stainless is harder to mill so it's cost will be more. Depending upon what you are looking for they will either be custom designed in autocad or hand milled. I can do pretty much whatever metal you want. Do not get me wrong, these are not 300.00 or even 400.00 prices we are talking here, quite a bit more, but from what I was told by my first order I was very reasonable.

I can tell you the first one we did we saved the guy a lot of money, now will I make much on it not really, but I am still working out some of the kinks.

Here are the CAD mock-ups. Should get milled this week.

Awesome. Keep the progress reports coming. I'm not at a point to jump on this myself just now, but I really enjoy watching the process and learning. Thanks!

Here are the some milled pics of our first 1-off putter out of our SHOP line. All Shop putters will be either 1-offs or hand-mades. This one you can see where some of the design cues came from and what the customer requested. The customer requested a milled loft of 3 degrees and a specific weight. We will start stamping it today or tomorrow, then the hosel will be welded on and then the finish applied and finally the paint applied. These pictures are after we have glued the hosel in place to get the balance, sweet spot, and toe hang.

000_0004.jpg

000_0005.jpg

000_0006.jpg

000_0007.jpg

000_0008.jpg

000_0009.jpg

000_0010.jpg

Wow, that is gorgeous.

very Del Mar / JAT like... so this was all consumer driven? or did you work side by side hashing designs out?

very Del Mar / JAT like... so this was all consumer driven? or did you work side by side hashing designs out?

A little bit of both. The gentleman that commissioned the putter sent us a head that he wanted and we went from there. We modified it to fit the weight he wanted and got the design right.

We can pretty much do any head. Our 1-Offs and handmades are not 1500-2000 like they are everywhere else, but they are a lot more expensive than a production run putter. This particular head between design time and mill time took over 8 hours, and that is not including the 1-1/2 hours of mill time for the hosel.

In progress grinding, hand milling, and shaping pics.

000_0023.jpg

000_0024.jpg

000_0025.jpg

000_0026.jpg

000_0027.jpg

000_0028.jpg

Purdy! What happens if you do not apply any sort of finish at this point? I like that nickely look (although it might blind you when you're lining up a putt).

Purdy! What happens if you do not apply any sort of finish at this point? I like that nickely look (although it might blind you when you're lining up a putt).

It will Rust! Carbon steel is the best material for making a putter, but it is also easily rustable(is this even a word?) However this is why we recommend our polymer coating. You get the amazing feel out of carbon, and yet the maintenance of stainless.

I thought you might say that! Thanks.

That is a great looking putter there!

it's coming along pretty well... A lot smoother now that is has seen some hours in your shop

looking forward to seeing the finished product

Welded up and ready to get the finish applied

000_0001.jpg

000_0002.jpg

000_0003.jpg

000_0004.jpg

000_0005.jpg

000_0006.jpg

000_0007.jpg

Nice job guys. The weld looks nice. Like that "Troutfry" business. Must be a Catholic putter!

Finished Pictures

000_0020.jpg

000_0021.jpg

000_0022.jpg

000_0023-1.jpg

000_0024-1.jpg

000_0025-1.jpg

000_0026-1.jpg

that is soooo beautiful. looks just like the XG9 Im currently using, but MUCH MUCH better! dang it i want one!... i too love that stainless look. is there any type of clear-coat you could use on it to keep it from rusting over time? but the black is also AWESOME looking

also. just curious as to what the weight was on that one?

that is soooo beautiful. looks just like the XG9 Im currently using, but MUCH MUCH better! dang it i want one!... i too love that stainless look. is there any type of clear-coat you could use on it to keep it from rusting over time? but the black is also AWESOME looking

also. just curious as to what the weight was on that one?

Well we do not have any of the clear coat polymers. So while we could probably get I cannot say how well it will protect without testing it.

He wanted 355 grams.

Back