Review Super Stroke WristLock Grip Review

I like the personal testing narrative in the write up. Relatable.

Don't know what I think about the grip. That means I should probably buy one and experience it for the learning. Grips and putters are a frontier I need to explore more.

See I still disagree with you on this...but I think that's what this grip is going to lend to and be very user dependant. Moreso than probably any other grip on the market.

When I putt cross handed with it, the notch raises up more towards the lower/middle of my forearm, but still gives me that same left arm lock feel. The more uncomfortable part was finding a consistent place for my right hand, which is why it needs to hit higher on my arm to allow that space.

Excuse the lame spur of the moment illustration.

Left hand low
View attachment 8951057

Traditional

View attachment 8951058
That was certainly my experience too, but isn't the little notch at the butt-end of the grip supposed to cradle the lead wrist?

That was certainly my experience too, but isn't the little notch at the butt-end of the grip supposed to cradle the lead wrist?

One would think. I started seeing some videos up on it after I finished the review and where some are using it are kind of all over the place.

One would think. I started seeing some videos up on it after I finished the review and where some are using it are kind of all over the place.
I guess at the end of the day, if more putts start going in, something works!

See I still disagree with you on this...but I think that's what this grip is going to lend to and be very user dependant. Moreso than probably any other grip on the market.

When I putt cross handed with it, the notch raises up more towards the lower/middle of my forearm, but still gives me that same left arm lock feel. The more uncomfortable part was finding a consistent place for my right hand, which is why it needs to hit higher on my arm to allow that space.

Excuse the lame spur of the moment illustration.

Left hand low
View attachment 8951057

Traditional

View attachment 8951058

is the black strap on your wrist your watch or is that something to do with the grip ?

Curious to see if anyone has given this grip a chance?

Annnnnnnnnd because im an absolute headcase and about 15 mins of reading and research from @Scorpion12 s suggestion, this is now on order. In orange. Lets be honest, it cant be any worse that the BS ive been through for the last few years.

Question is, Will it match well with face balanced or center stroke puters? @ddec ? Or anyone else for that matter....lol

I just read through the review and while I think it's a good idea, I'm not sure I like the idea of messing with it on one of my current putters. It seems like if a person wants to go to this style of grip or arm lock style of putting you almost need to get properly fit for loft/lie or be willing to get your current putter tweaked. I'm not sure I'm down with messing with my putters just to try a grip.

I just read through the review and while I think it's a good idea, I'm not sure I like the idea of messing with it on one of my current putters. It seems like if a person wants to go to this style of grip or arm lock style of putting you almost need to get properly fit for loft/lie or be willing to get your current putter tweaked. I'm not sure I'm down with messing with my putters just to try a grip.

I agree with above. I liked the idea and then wondered how the grip would actually be a full fit on any person's wrist. Each person has different size hands which put their wrists with different indentations and sizes. So, how could it work for everyone universally? Wouldn't the loft of the putter and length of the shaft have to be adjusted as well?

Reactions: KEV
I just got one but I haven't decided what putter to put it on yet. They are super hard to get off and reuse so I am a little worried about that. You definitely need to grip down a bit on it and there could be slight issues with your hands being ahead of the ball impacting loft on the putter.

Annnnnnnnnd because im an absolute headcase and about 15 mins of reading and research from @Scorpion12 s suggestion, this is now on order. In orange. Lets be honest, it cant be any worse that the BS ive been through for the last few years.

Question is, Will it match well with face balanced or center stroke puters? @ddec ? Or anyone else for that matter....lol

I think it more matters on how the shaft is set. I don't think Id throw it on a center shaft putter per say. But a FB putter like say the V-line could work decently.

I just got one but I haven't decided what putter to put it on yet. They are super hard to get off and reuse so I am a little worried about that. You definitely need to grip down a bit on it and there could be slight issues with your hands being ahead of the ball impacting loft on the putter.

I'll see if I can pull mine off the Scotty I used it with. If so, I can gladly send it your way.

I'll see if I can pull mine off the Scotty I used it with. If so, I can gladly send it your way.

Thanks for the offer I have a Wrist Lock grip sitting in my office. I have pulled a SuperStroke grip off another putter and it is doable but a pain in the ass. I want to figure out which putter I want it on so I am not changing it around.

I think it more matters on how the shaft is set. I don't think Id throw it on a center shaft putter per say. But a FB putter like say the V-line could work decently.
Or say a stroke lab #10

And only because I’ve never had one in hand, what do you think the drawback or issues might arise from putting it on a center shaft putter? I understand it’s you opinion but I’d love to know Super strokes thoughts on it too.

And only because I’ve never had one in hand, what do you think the drawback or issues might arise from putting it on a center shaft putter? I understand it’s you opinion but I’d love to know Super strokes thoughts on it too.

I've played some center shaft putters. Obviously depending on your setup, you are going to have to forward press with this grip. In my experience, a FP doesn't jive as well with a center shaft putter. Doesn't mean it can't and won't work though.

Recently installed this on my Toulon 7 and absolutely love the grip. Honestly, I'd like to have a larger version, kinda 2.0 version.... I'm a left hand low putter so you can really feel the knob of the wrist lock portion press into your wrist... not sure it will make me a better putter, but really like the feel.

How much FP does this grip require? How much are we delofting putters? Does it work?

How much FP does this grip require? How much are we delofting putters? Does it work?

I putted with it for about 2 months and found it worked quite well for my setup. In my eyes, all the technical stuff in terms of loft and too much FP went out the window when I was having some really good putting rounds.

So why did I go away from it? After a while I found it a little uncomfortable and just wanted to go back to my normal putter.

Since I was just selected to test one of these, I wanted to drop in here to ask a few things:

1) When I install this, are there any special considerations? Does the extra length "stick out" past the end of the shaft point (i.e. does it extend the putter shaft) or does the shaft seat all the way up into the cap of the grip? @ddec's review mentions that it adds a little length but not much. Thinking I may want to install on a longer putter (gamer is 33.5").
2) Do you guys who tried it recommend I install this on a different putter than the gamer? My thought is yes, since this way I can get a better comparison, plus if I hate it I can go straight back to the gamer without an issue.

Have you ever seen a putter grip company take the world by storm the way Super Stroke has? Sure, they have expanded to club grips now as well, but their bread and butter are hands down the putter grip, which remains popular both on tour and at the local muni. They have a plethora of options, but their latest might be their biggest head-turner in years. Ever since the governing bodies put an anchoring ban in place, those affected golfers have been working to find ways to stabilize their stroke. Well, the fine folks at Super Stroke have come out with a new grip called the WristLock, which will help those looking for a way to stabilize their stroke.

Continue reading...

Nice review. Looking forward to testing this one out. So basically you lock it to your wrist, rather than your entire forearm like you do for armlock?

Nice review. Looking forward to testing this one out. So basically you lock it to your wrist, rather than your entire forearm like you do for armlock?

basically yes.

basically yes.

Good stuff. Read through the entire thread now. Think I'll try it with both standard and left hand low too. See what feels better.

Back