Review Super Stroke WristLock Grip Review

Nippon Shafts

GoldenBuff

Pool noodle fencing
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I like the personal testing narrative in the write up. Relatable.

Don't know what I think about the grip. That means I should probably buy one and experience it for the learning. Grips and putters are a frontier I need to explore more.

golfunfiltered

Johnny Unhappy Pro
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
See I still disagree with you on this...but I think that's what this grip is going to lend to and be very user dependant. Moreso than probably any other grip on the market.

When I putt cross handed with it, the notch raises up more towards the lower/middle of my forearm, but still gives me that same left arm lock feel. The more uncomfortable part was finding a consistent place for my right hand, which is why it needs to hit higher on my arm to allow that space.

Excuse the lame spur of the moment illustration.

Left hand low
View attachment 8951057

Traditional

View attachment 8951058
That was certainly my experience too, but isn't the little notch at the butt-end of the grip supposed to cradle the lead wrist?

ddec

I have many leather-bound books
Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
That was certainly my experience too, but isn't the little notch at the butt-end of the grip supposed to cradle the lead wrist?
One would think. I started seeing some videos up on it after I finished the review and where some are using it are kind of all over the place.

golfunfiltered

Johnny Unhappy Pro
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
One would think. I started seeing some videos up on it after I finished the review and where some are using it are kind of all over the place.
I guess at the end of the day, if more putts start going in, something works!

erock9174

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
See I still disagree with you on this...but I think that's what this grip is going to lend to and be very user dependant. Moreso than probably any other grip on the market.

When I putt cross handed with it, the notch raises up more towards the lower/middle of my forearm, but still gives me that same left arm lock feel. The more uncomfortable part was finding a consistent place for my right hand, which is why it needs to hit higher on my arm to allow that space.

Excuse the lame spur of the moment illustration.

Left hand low
View attachment 8951057

Traditional

View attachment 8951058
is the black strap on your wrist your watch or is that something to do with the grip ?

ddec

I have many leather-bound books
Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver

erock9174

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise