Elmave

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Has anyone tried the Superspeed C. Looking at their sites i see that if you are already doing the regular Superspeed training they suggest using this in place of a regular session one of every three sessions. Love the normal Superspeed workout and am considering ordering this.

I just saw this today. I want one, especially having just restarted the SUperSpeed program.

Superspeed C came today. Used it for the first time tonight. It has a different feel than the original set. It feels faster and could feel that in the swing. Hopefully this translates to gains on the course. Started with the first protocol. As suggested i will do this every third workout. Its also a nice change of pace from the original workout particularly if you have been doing it for a while. Not sure how to describe it
Other than it feels faster and smoother but it just felt good.

It's already on backorder. Elmave, please post your thoughts on it when you can!

It's already on backorder. Elmave, please post your thoughts on it when you can!
I have worked it in to the regular workout. I did do it for Several workouts and now will start with using it every third workout as superspeed suggests. The first thing i noticed is it just feels different than the standard superspeed . I can feel a difference and im sure thats a result of the counter balance. Hopefully what im feeling is what superspeed suggests will happen as to other things that will improve as a result of the counter balance.And it feels good more like a natural swing. Can really sense getting through and finishing. It is definitely lighter than the green and im seeing a real increase in speed with it. (Over the green)Im guessing thats a good thing based on a lot of this is based on muscle memory. Ill be watching my speeds with the green, blue and red to see if this translates into an increase in speed with those. Of course the real test will be on the course where you can see where your drives are going as compared to the past. I used to warm up with the orange whip. I then switched to using the green superspeed before i teed off and i think that really helped loosen up and get that feel with the driver you normally get after a few holes . (Assuming you dont have time to get to the range to loosen uo which happens a lot). I think i will start using the superspeed c to warm up with now before i tee off. Im a real beleiver in the superspeed system and have used it for a while. So far so good with this and i think it would be great on its own but even better combined with the original system. I think what we really need is a jman review.

EFF.

I knew I shouldn't have waited.

I am putting regular superspeed training on the back burner for a bit, picked up the C to try after having a lesson for the first time in 4 months and think it will fit better with what we are working on. Probably try this out tonight for the first time.

I am putting regular superspeed training on the back burner for a bit, picked up the C to try after having a lesson for the first time in 4 months and think it will fit better with what we are working on. Probably try this out tonight for the first time.
I work mine in every third workout. You can feel the difference. Its also a nice change of pace if you have been doing the standard workout. Sometimes i throw an extra C session in. I also take it to the course to loosen up pre round and i think it helps.

I work mine in every third workout. You can feel the difference. Its also a nice change of pace if you have been doing the standard workout. Sometimes i throw an extra C session in. I also take it to the course to loosen up pre round and i think it helps.

that will be the plan long term, but in the short term I am going to do C 3 times a week while I try and ingrain some swing changes.

So have been doing C only training for 9 sessions, and while not all of it is based on this training I am getting some great distance and some fast speeds with driver.

For me trying to get the hands sped up this has worked phenomenally.

I also really appreciate how much less time these workouts take. Think currently I am doing 21 swings in a session (the feet together ones have been very helpful) and it won't go wild when I go to the next protocol. I think I could very easily do the whole level 1 protocol before playing a round and not having it tire me out before I play.

At some point I will probably get the original program with all 3 sticks back in, but it won't be anytime soon.

Not sure if this is the same thread, but I am close to completing level 1 protocols. Haven't done 3 per week every week because I have had a couple trips during the 6+ weeks I have done this, but so far I have been really pleased and not sure I will mix the full program back in or not. I will hold onto the sticks to see if I plateau and then go from there, but when I did a fitting on trackman last friday I got some numbers I am confident are accurate.

Last time I did a fit was over 18 months ago on GCquad and my 6I was about 77/78 and driver was 89-92. superspeed/lessons/superspeed C and some improvements in fitness, my numbers 9/25 were:

Driver 95-97
6I: 87-90

The driver is something to look at, most were around 95/96, but 6I were all 87-90. I know trackman is sometimes slower than quad with driver because of where it measures the (back of head vs front of head or something like that) but even if it is up another 2-3 mph if I get more efficient with driver I would think I should be getting over 100 mph and possibly touching up over 105.

Will be starting the 2nd protocol for 8 weeks (not as many trips, so should finish before the end of this year) so pretty excited to see if I can get more speed especially with driver.

I hadn't ever seen or heard of the C, but everything I know about what a counterbalanced shaft does for (to?) me, what they say are the benefits make perfect sense to me. Would have hated it in the past, but it's actually something I might benefit from a little right now.

Last edited:
I hadn't every seen or heard of the C, but everything I know about what a counterbalanced shaft does for (to?) me, what they say are the benefits make perfect sense to me. World have hated it in the past, but it's actually something I might benefit from a little right now.
Dont know if your doing the regular superspeed workout but the superspeed c is a great supplement to it ( every third workout) or im sure even on its own it is great. You can definitely feel the difference between the C and the regular set.

Dont know if your doing the regular superspeed workout but the superspeed c is a great supplement to it ( every third workout) or im sure even on its own it is great. You can definitely feel the difference between the C and the regular set.
Oh, I'm sure. I'm not doing any superspeed training, but counterbalanced shafts definitely create more active hands/faster release for me, so I was just saying how I see how the C would do what they say it will. It seems like it could be a natural supplements to the regular ones if your speed starts to lean too much towards rotation and the hands lag.

So final stats for completion of superspeed C Protocol 1. To be fair I did the 6 week program in almost 8 weeks and have been trying to work a significant swing change in while doing it.

Initial Ending
Driver 91 102
6I 84 88

Less of an increase in the 6I, but while on quad the last few weeks I have hit 89-90 with 6I and 84-86 with 7I. What is probably more important is I think my 6I will end up being 170-175 yard club, while it was 150 yards 6 months ago (2 months of no golf due to covid closures are included in that).

For Driver.... I think I have more in there but like 6I, distance has gone up almost 20 yards on the course. Using Arccos to track, I was at 217 smart distance before starting this and currently it shows 234, and in my most recent round I had 6 drives over that number (3 over 250). So think that will trend up as well.

This isn't to say go grab this and you will jump up 20 yards in your distance if you do, for me in conjunction with lessons, the C in particular has helped me improve sequencing and speed in the right areas. That along with better mechanics have generated huge gains for me and I am excited to see where I can go in the next protocol which should be completed in 8 weeks.

So without a lesson in between my last reading and the one I just did yesterday, saw even bigger increase. Here are the stats so far:

Before SSC After SSC1 4wks in SSC2
D 91 102 108
6I 84 88 88

No change in 6I, but I had a couple at 90 per my rapsodo launch monitor and really, I don't think going much above 88-92 is necessary. Getting driver up to be regularly over 105 would be huge as my goal now is 110..... so getting closer. I will measure again at the end of the SS C 2 protocol (another 4 weeks) then will begin the 3rd protocol.

Depending on how things go from there I might start mixing the in the regular program, but really not sure if I will go back to it as the C only has been really good for me.

I started the C about 6 weeks ago when I restarted SuperSpeed.

Have a lesson this weekend and we will see what Trackman says.

I am restarting superspeed after a lengthy layoff (injury, life, lessons) and I have slipped back on speed, but not nearly to what I was before I started:

D - 97
6I - 86

Goal is still to get to 110 at some point, but want to get back to where I am at 100+ regularly (as these swings were, more playing speed than all out) in the short term and I think I can get there pretty quickly.

I ordered the C, I started the 3 sticks and only did the introductory stuff and stopped. My plan is to pick it back up again and make it through the full training.

I ordered the C, I started the 3 sticks and only did the introductory stuff and stopped. My plan is to pick it back up again and make it through the full training.
I think they lay it out on their website but they recommend doing the “C” workout every third workout. By the time the “C” came out i had been doing the regular workout 3 times a week for a while . Its definitely a different feel and also a nice change of pace. I also started to carry the “C” in my bag and use it before a round of golf.

I think they lay it out on their website but they recommend doing the “C” workout every third workout. By the time the “C” came out i had been doing the regular workout 3 times a week for a while . Its definitely a different feel and also a nice change of pace. I also started to carry the “C” in my bag and use it before a round of golf.

I plan on mixing it in once a week. I may have to try it for a pre round warmup and see how that goes.

Back