SuperSpeed Golf Review

First time with a swing radar. Driver clocked in at 109 and green/blue/red at 119/118/113 less 6mph for opposite-hand swings.

First time with a swing radar. Driver clocked in at 109 and green/blue/red at 119/118/113 less 6mph for opposite-hand swings.

Nice!

Was that driver speed at the end of your session (After the last green swing)?

What was your green swing at the start of the session?

Nice!

Was that driver speed at the end of your session (After the last green swing)?

What was your green swing at the start of the session?
Driver was same before and after. Was actual 2mph slower on the second round with the green swings.

Driver was same before and after. Was actual 2mph slower on the second round with the green swings.

Hmmm slower 2nd green swings is the opposite of what the training protocol is meant to do.

Were you a little tired? Maybe take a few extra mins before the 2nd green next time.

Used an Orange Whip for the first time to help warm up. Helped my tempo.

Had to swing in the communal carport as it was raining. Lots of expensive cards around me :oops::oops::oops::oops:

First session of week 5- :cool:

Hmmm slower 2nd green swings is the opposite of what the training protocol is meant to do.

Were you a little tired? Maybe take a few extra mins before the 2nd green next time.
Definitely sore and stiff. I could feel it as I went through the reps.

Definitely sore and stiff. I could feel it as I went through the reps.

Ah. Thats probably the problem.

Take your time dude. I take a short (maybe 60sec) between my round of regular swings and step swings and then maybe 90secs or so before my all out ones. Its working for me!

You will get more conditioned but you want to be at full potential for those all-out swings.

Better swings will leave you hungry for the next session.

Ah. Thats probably the problem.

Take your time dude. I take a short (maybe 60sec) between my round of regular swings and step swings and then maybe 90secs or so before my all out ones. Its working for me!

You will get more conditioned but you want to be at full potential for those all-out swings.

Better swings will leave you hungry for the next session.
Appreciate it! I just started my second week. Looking forward to completing the program and tracking speed gains and hopefully seeing a correlation in distance!

Driver clocked in at 104 and green/blue/red at 108/99/96... Feeling good after week 2.

Driver prior to this exposure was 97 during a vfit...doubt I'd ever swing 104 on the course.

I've had this 'problem' for 6 straight sessions now. Only the first 2 sessions since I started were my last 3 green swings faster than the first set of 3.

I did record my fastest post-session driver average today, at 102.3 mph. My baseline from starting the training is 97.7.

I've had this 'problem' for 6 straight sessions now. Only the first 2 sessions since I started were my last 3 green swings faster than the first set of 3.
I just started P90x so I’m not looking forward to seeing the results of my sore/stiff swing. Won’t be pretty!

Weekly weigh in
Started program in Feb but didn’t record swings until Early April:

4/4/20-Sat.
Driver before 89 - after 102
Green - 106
Blue - 101
Red - 97

5/1/20 - Fri
Driver before 94 after 102
Green bef 107
Blue -101
Red - 94
Green after 107

not many gains with the sticks but like the driver before gains of 5mph. And today was no warmup

Watching their protocol videos, I thought they were all supposed to be all-out swings. Maybe I misunderstood it. I've been swinging these things as hard as I could each round.

Regardless, this is a lot like the stock market. You'll drive yourself nuts watching the session-to-session fluctuations, when it's the long-term gains you should be paying attention to.

Watching their protocol videos, I thought they were all supposed to be all-out swings.

that’s correct. But they also say to try and gain speed on each swing.

Watching their protocol videos, I thought they were all supposed to be all-out swings. Maybe I misunderstood it. I've been swinging these things as hard as I could each round.

Regardless, this is a lot like the stock market. You'll drive yourself nuts watching the session-to-session fluctuations, when it's the long-term gains you should be paying attention to.

I probably used the wrong word there. Yes, all the swing should be all out. I meant the max speed swings. You need to be at full potential for them.

I agree comparing every session to the last is a recipe for frustration. I have been guilty of this on the past but you honestly cant expect to get better ever session. You are spot on with the stock market analogy. I've had some sessions where I've performed horribly (Almost 10mph/h less :oops:) but over the week I'm seeing consistent gains.

I am consistently getting my Fly-Z+ above 100 mph now. Hard to tell real-world gains, as the fairways are so hard right now.

Not so much with the Cortex, but I still haven't gotten many swings in with it in 4+ months now.

I need to restart this now that we are on lockdown. And get a radar. Anyone have info on the radar/launch monitor they just posted about on IG?

The one they suggest is legit. Its a swing radar that works without a ball (i.e. for superspeed training) but also a launch monitor for hitting balls.

Many positive reviews online saying its great bang for buck.

The one they suggest is legit. Its a swing radar that works without a ball (i.e. for superspeed training) but also a launch monitor for hitting balls.

Many positive reviews online saying its great bang for buck.
Are we talking about the little blue and gray unit ?

if so a swing speed radar it is. Launch monitor it’s not. It doesn’t provide any ball data simply swing speed. Didn’t want people to think it could provide any ball or shot data Before they buy it. It will read swing speed with it or without a ball which is nice.

Weekly weigh in
Started program in Feb but didn’t record swings until Early April:

4/4/20-Sat.
Driver before 89 - after 102
Green - 106
Blue - 101
Red - 97

5/1/20 - Fri
Driver before 94 after 102
Green bef 107
Blue -101
Red - 94
Green after 107

not many gains with the sticks but like the driver before gains of 5mph. And today was no warmup
You are cruising... What do you think driver is on the course?

I would say still around 88-91 mostly. I still make a much more concerted effort to strike the ball as centered as I can which takes off some speed in favor of control. Much easier to swing fast without a ball during my Superspeed sessions 😀

I got out for 9 on Sat at 6:30 AM and while it was only around 48* I hit about 40 tests drives on the final hole. Those ranged from 200 up to 232. Which for those temps, plus soggy ground on a level hole I’ll take it. Years ago in these conditions I would have been more in the 180-210 range. On an 85* day in Aug I’m probably hitting it 20 yds further. So I am happy with the progress.

The radar is going with me next time I play. If there's no one behind me, I'd like to get some real world speeds and corresponding distances.

The radar is going with me next time I play. If there's no one behind me, I'd like to get some real world speeds and corresponding distances.
Not a bad idea. I’ve taken my speed radar to the range. But where I hit it’s tough to see how far the ball went.

it Would be neat to hit say 10 balls on the course. Record the speed as well as corresponding distance. Be cool to see if say the highest speed produced the longest distance or if strike was king and maybe slower but on center contact were longer.

I think I will follow suit to see if I can hit my goal numbers on the course without sacrificing accuracy. Might be worth two tee shots depending on playing speed. normal vs one for speed.

I think I will follow suit to see if I can hit my goal numbers on the course without sacrificing accuracy. Might be worth two tee shots depending on playing speed. normal vs one for speed.
I have done this once in a while on our last par 4. I think “superspeed swing”. Ive gotten some good results with big drives especially considering no roll and the weather. Bad superspeed swings produce similar results as bad swings only longer lol. I think i will start having that thought more often and see what happens.

Back