SuperSpeed Golf Review

PRGR does both . Very happy with it so far.
If I remember correctly, it measures CHS and BS and gives a distance. Is that correct?

I am now 5 sessions in for ny superspeed training. As a base line before the start of the sessions I tried some drives and an average of these were 103,6 mph. Today after my speed session I tried 5 drives and got an average of 107 mph.
I have also got a few mph raise with the different sticks with a 121 mph with the lightest stick today as my so far personal best.

I plan to do the full program with Level 1 first 6 weeks
I really like it so far

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Session 3 in the books today. Up 2 MPH from the start. I'm sure a lot of that is just starting to get the swing back in shape, but its a good start.

E61ADCD4-EDB3-4F3D-A8B3-BB6C19F62B35.jpeg

I’ve got the PRGR. I don’t pay much attention to the carry numbers. You can select which club you are using but it doesn’t know what loft your clubs actually are thereby not giving you real numbers. That doesn’t matter to me at all. I’m just looking for swing and ball speed. I don’t even care if the speed shown is 100% accurate as long as it’s consistent. My main goal is to keep my speed up. I’ve been making adjustments to my swing and the monitor tells me if that adjustment has changed my swing speed. Believe it or not, most of the YouTube tips you see don’t really help. Hard to believe isn’t it? Lol!

I've not followed the protocol specifically all the way through as planned due to a severe ankle injury. Today at the range, using the same driver from last year, I was hitting the ball not only past the last flag at 267 yards, but to the top of the trees behind it. I haven't really lost any accuracy because I always played the hit it as far as possible and then play it game, but I am willing to bet that I have gained 20-30 yards carry on a ball flight that is way to high. On the monitor it is 140-150 feet and that seems correct at the range. If I can keep that energy and lower the 3000 spin the game will get much easier. RADSpeed XB can't get here soon enough.

I picked up a PRGR and started using the SuperSpeed sticks over the last week. Just finished a baseline set of numbers and made a log for myself. I will be trying to do this 2-3x / week to see how things go.

I picked up a PRGR and started using the SuperSpeed sticks over the last week. Just finished a baseline set of numbers and made a log for myself. I will be trying to do this 2-3x / week to see how things go.

I see on their website they say not to exceed 3x per week. Surely someone in here has done it. I bet even tried it every day. Wonder what happens...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Session 4 today. Start of week 2. Top with the green was 109. So up 4 mph in a week. Obviously don't expect to keep gaining at that rate since I'm now close to getting back into golf shape. At my best I was around 115, so still quite a bit more to go.

Jumping back in with these this year. First session today maxed out at 102/98/96, which is up from where I started last year. Forgot to get a baseline with driver, but will run out and grab it after my calls this afternoon.

This is a great system, I just have to remember not to swing out of my shoes on the course! Also not sure I'll ever get used to swinging left handed. I know it gets better but man so awkward today.

EDIT: 93mph. That's pretty sobering. Definitely a number I want to get significantly higher.

Last edited:
My trainer, who is a big golfer and I believe TPI certified, has worked the SuperSpeed protocols into my workouts since December. I started with 3 times per week, which included the C Stick. I'm now down to speed sticks on Monday or Tuesday and the C Stick on Thursday.

I first used SuperSpeed last off season to gain some speed once I had made enough progress in my swing changes. The benefits were remarkable. I recall topping out with the green stick at 109 on my first session. Then I lived in the mid-teens. Then I broke into the 120s and lived around 126. A few months later, and able to swing outdoors, I topped 130 with a personal best of 137.

This time around, I pretty quickly got back to the 130s, but I was stuck at 131 for weeks--seriously, 7-8 sessions in a row, I topped out there. Eventually, I broke through, and established a new plateau of 137--my previous best. I've been incredibly happy with that, but obviously I wanted to beat my PR. Well, today was the day. My last three swings with the green stick were all personal records: 141, 142, and 144.

So do these speed increases translate to the course? Abso-freaking-lutely. Last year, I increased my average top end drives by at least 20 yards. I topped 300 (total) on 5-6 occasions, and I had never done that before. Looking at some of my TrackMan data last year, most of my good swings had ball speeds in the mid to upper 140s, but I also had plenty in the 150s, topping out around 155. The past few months, I've regularly been in the 150s and have actually topped 160 on occasion. In fact, my last round on the sim, I was seeing ball speeds with a 21* hybrid of up to 145. That speed showed up on the course too, as I was regularly hitting my 4H over 240.

I am much, much faster than I used to be, and I give most credit to this protocol along with a strength training program. Highly recommended.

Anyobody know where you can buy one of these with a good discount? I'm interested in giving it a try since I'm lacking in distance. I would go through Budget Golf but they are out of stock right now.

Anyone dealing with shoulder issues as a result of the SS training. I’m just now coming off three months of pain and physical therapy from trying to increase speed/strength via weights and training. Not anxious to do that again

Anyone dealing with shoulder issues as a result of the SS training. I’m just now coming off three months of pain and physical therapy from trying to increase speed/strength via weights and training. Not anxious to do that again
I once hurt my back using an Orange Whip. I avoid that like the plague as it brings up painful memories missing some of the golf season.

With the SS, I found the lefty swings brought on some shoulder soreness when I first started the program. I generally dial down the lefty swings as a result. That might be holding me back from getting the full benefits, but I have still seen some gains even without going full tilt on the lefty swings.

I can imagine you're not.

A problem with speed training and weight is you have to consciously have the weight under control at all times. If the weight is ever allowed to become uncontrolled your muscles, joints, and connective tissue will at some point all-of-a-sudden be called-upon to exert a lot of force to get it back under control, quickly. That can lead to injury.

I was reminded of that, years ago, when I was doing reverse preacher curls. I'd gotten lazy on the negative. Wasn't a conscious decision. Got near the end of the bottom of the motion and had to stop the weights. Either that or almost literally throw them on the floor. I stopped them.

Took months for the resulting injury to my right arm to heal. And it wasn't as if I'd been literally dropping them as much as I wasn't consciously lowering them. That's all it took.

I once hurt my back using an Orange Whip. I avoid that like the plague as it brings up painful memories missing some of the golf season.
I can understand that, too. Weight on the end of a long bendy shaft. A lot of energy can be built up in that ball and shaft. At some point, whichever direction it's headed, you're going to want to stop it. As with the "uncontrolled weight" thing, above: If you don't bring it to a controlled stop or transition, injury could easily result.

I've this training aid, a Maxfli Weighted Swing Trainer. I imagine the idea is much like the SuperSpeed or Slingshot trainers. (Only a lot less expensive.) I think it might have been @TrueMotionMatt that suggested it might be a good way to injure yourself if used incorrectly.

I have an Orange Whip. I love swinging that thing. But, while I haven't injured myself with it, so far it's done more harm than good for my swing, so I've been inclined to leave it be for now.

I haven't yet decided if I'll pop for a SuperSpeed system or a Slingshot, yet.

Another mistake I see people at the gym make all the time is over-extending. I don't mean so much hyper-extending, which is always dangerous, but extending further than that to which their bodies are accustomed. Again: It's all about control. When you "bounce" during stretches and "throw" weights or weight stacks you don't have it under control. You don't let weight, be it your own or weights of any kind, take you further. You take the weight further.

[
I can imagine you're not.

A problem with speed training and weight is you have to consciously have the weight under control at all times. If the weight is ever allowed to become uncontrolled your muscles, joints, and connective tissue will at some point all-of-a-sudden be called-upon to exert a lot of force to get it back under control, quickly. That can lead to injury.

I

I can understand that, too. Weight on the end of a long bendy shaft. A lot of energy can be built up in that ball and shaft. At some point, whichever direction it's headed, you're going to want to stop it. As with the "uncontrolled weight" thing, above: If you don't bring it to a controlled stop or transition, injury could easily
Prior to starting the superspeed workout years ago i had been a regular at the gym. I worked my way up but never tried fo do a lot of weight just enough for tone and some strength . I also before superspeed did a lot of core workout with a medicine ball and a lot on a bosu ball so when i started the superspeed i had a pretty good base and conditioning. Even with that i followed the protocols as laid out and ultimately got to the highest level and then added the superspeed c workout. In the beginning it is tough particularly the opposite or left side swings and those take awhile to work into and i think people should ease into the left side and not overdo it. The day will come and you will know and feel when you can push the opposite side. They really lay these protocols out on the website and i think if followed and dont overdo until your body is ready to kick it up people should be ok. Its a long process but i think well worth the effort

Budget Golf notified me that the Superspeed was back in stock now so I took that as a sign it was time to commit to it and give it a try. looking forward to it arriving and getting myself to a respectable distance now.

Received my SuperSpeed today and was able to take it out in the yard to run through the initial protocols for the first time. The right handed swing as a lefty are quite awkward and I really feel it in the oblique muscles on my left side being used for probably the first time. Id didn't pump out the cash for any sort of swing speed monitor so I'm just looking for the actual difference when I get out on the range and course. As someone who normally only carries it just over 200 any sort of increase i get from this will be very beneficial to my game so I don't necessarily need to quantify it down to a specific number. I sort of feel like I will probably show more benefit to this in the long haul since I have more room to grow than someone who already swings it 105 and looking to get it to 110. If I can use this to grow 10 mph while working to improve my technique this will be a big improvement for me.

Third straight workout with my top green stick being 144. I’m really, really impressed with how this program builds you up. Think adding the c stick was important too.

Third straight workout with my top green stick being 144. I’m really, really impressed with how this program builds you up. Think adding the c stick was important too.

Wow. Any idea what that translates to with your driver? Has to be like 115 or even 120 I would think

Zero, haha. I need to bring my driver in to test. I’m just using the set at my gym. Last year, I could get up to 105 when swinging top end. I know it’s gone up, but I don’t think that high. That said, I’m hitting everything further (and higher) than I’m used to, so it’s been an adjustment.

Back