SuperSpeed Golf Review

curious if i am out of golf for next two months, should i start this program now? doing an every other day routine for the season?

curious if i am out of golf for next two months, should i start this program now? doing an every other day routine for the season?
For the last couple years ive taken November and December off then restart in January as part of a regular workout schedule. I think it helps to do that before going into the season which around here with some luck may start in March.

So my PRGR launch monitor came in and I already would say if you don't have something to measure your speed, go get something if you can. It's eye opening. I was swinging a 66g driver shaft (UST Proforce), and couldn't get that over 95. Switched to my UST Helium Proto 59g, I'm at 100 or a little over. I don't know if that's due to weight or because the Helium is counterbalanced or maybe both, but it's real.

Anyways, still plugging away every other day or so on this Superspeed, now with something to measure, I think it's more fun and hopefully keep me on the program.

I can’t contribute my gains solely to this program because of all the other workouts I’m doing, but average speed is up 3-5mph in the simulator. I’ll take it.

Simulator today. Not feeling great with general malaise after getting the second COVID19 vaccination yesterday. Just completed Level 2 week 1 and seemed to plateau. Average today of 114mph and couldn't get anything about 116. Ball flight and distance doing well. Convinced I need a change at driver now because the spin is near 3k. Ball speed up from 144-146 to near 159 max today. I'd recommend this program.

I love this little PRGR launch monitor, measures swing speed in the house swinging my SuperSpeed sticks and clubs.

I’ll say it again, if you’re doing this program, get something if u can to measure your progress.

When I started after getting the monitor I was showing with the Green stick 100, then 105, then 110. Now like 3 or so weeks later I hit 117 today with the green, and 101 with my driver today with the Black V2. Thrilled with the progress so far.

ADBC4AEF-CEE7-4D62-B2C8-4FFBDDAEDB4F.jpegB3CCFBE0-1150-4B4D-B885-D16A2189CC28.jpeg

Huge believer in their program. At my 39/40 year old season I went from 120 max to 133 max by doing their program over the winter.

Two issues, it may not make you a better golfer. Also if you don’t continue to use it you’ll lose it. I can’t even come close to 120 now but that’s the result of injury. I didn’t work at it the following year and was back down to 120 max.

That year at 130+ was fun though, I hit some whoppers.

Mine arrived yesterday, didn't know THP had a coupon - but I'll let you know.

Ideal training for now with UK Lockdown in full swing and everything shut.

This speed chase started at 108-110. The driver isn’t a great fit but is a Ping G410 Plus 9* with Tensei Orange CK 60g shaft. I think I’m leaving another 15 yards carry or more on the table with spin alone.

Attachments

• 4E985694-02DA-400F-8787-8ABECE575F6C.jpeg
    4E985694-02DA-400F-8787-8ABECE575F6C.jpeg
    151.7 KB · Views: 28
Thought I might share my experience with Super Speed over the last two years. I have been using the Swing Speed Radar and numbers are always the fastest one recorded each session. If any number is more than 3mph above the others I don't count it. Misreads happens sometimes. I've been doing all superspeed training off season so no golf was played during the sessions. Also I did do a lot of fitness at the same time.

2019-2020 (november-april)

Week 1 (starting numbers)

Green: 118
Blue: 110
Red: 103

Week 6
Green: 124 (+6)
Blue: 118 (+8)
Red: 109 (+6)

Week 12
Green: 129 (+11)
Blue: 120 (+10)
Red: 115 (+12)

Driver without ball went from 108 to 115 on the speed radar.

I then got a shoulder injury sometime after week 12 so when I got back out on the course I had lost plenty of speed again. Probably played at arount 100-102 mph during the season in real driver speed.

This year I'm on it again and I see similar results so far:

2021 (january to current...)

Week 1

Green: 118
Blue: 112
Red: 104

Week 4
Green: 124 (+6)
Blue: 118 (+6)
Red: 110 (+6)

Driver without ball right now is 111mph.

This year my body feels better. No injuries or problems this far. Have been doing a lot of yoga and kettlebells and will continue for about 8 more weeks.

I see the same results this year as last yearwhen comparing week to week. Hopefully I will get even faster this year. My goal is to be able to swing it 110mph on the course.

My workout last nite best numbers Green 116, Blue 109, Red 106.

Driver swing after that was 102 consistent. It's working. :)

I remember when I first got the PRGR monitor first week January to measure progress, it was showing 88-89 driver and I said no way this thing is accurate. Well midwinter I had lost some speed and now I've got that back and another 5-7 MPH so far.

I see some guys showing driver speed at their Red number speed, I hope to see that too in near future. Honestly though, I'd be thrilled if I can maintain consistent 102 on the course.

Last edited:
Last night I had 106-107 on driver swing speed. I'm gonna sail it past @OITW on the fly this year and maybe catch @GraniteRoost after bouncing off a few rocks. :D

Last night I had 106-107 on driver swing speed. I'm gonna sail it past @OITW on the fly this year and maybe catch @GraniteRoost after bouncing off a few rocks. :D

Great work Mike! You are going to be showing us how its done! 💪 🚀 🚀 🚀

Love reading you all’s gains!

Come Monday I’m actually starting a golf specific workout program and putting this back into the fold.

It’s time to break 170 ball speed, dammit.

I need to restart the workout with these.

Just got to around week 5-6, with the speed sticks, doing it every other day. This past season my driver SS was around 104-106 w mid 150s ball speed, the past week in the sim consistent 110-112 with low 160’s ball speed. I am seeing a consistent 5-6 mph increase with about a 5-7 more ball speed. Very pleased thus far. My realistic goal 112-114 consistent with 165 ball speed. That would be about 18-20 yards more carry over last season.

Seeing a lot of positive remarks on these. Something I’m definitely going to consider buying in the next couple weeks. But does anyone see any room for improvement, for example, if a version 2 ever came out? Or did they pretty much hit the nail on the head with the current version?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seeing a lot of positive remarks on these. Something I’m definitely going to consider buying in the next couple weeks. But does anyone see any room for improvement, for example, if a version 2 ever came out? Or did they pretty much hit the nail on the head with the current version?

Dont know how they could improve the original set because it really works. They did come out with the Superspeed C which is not an improvement but actually works differently and is a compliment to the original set. I use it every third workout as they recommend. They explain this in detail on their website. It definitely feels different and is a nice change of pace to mix in. You can feel the difference in the C workout. Also i carry the C in my bag and use it to warm up before a round.

Just buy the current line, it really does work if you stick with it and swing every other day or so.

Is the PRGR monitor a good one? Alternatives? Started the program this week but don't have a launch monitor.

Is the PRGR monitor a good one? Alternatives? Started the program this week but don't have a launch monitor.

I absolutely love my PRGR monitor for swing speed. I'm just using it in the house now for the superspeed sticks and my driver speed and other clubs, and it's perfect for that. When it warms up. I'll see how she does on the range.

Going to start back up on this in the next week or 2. Last year I was really focused on swing changes so didn't want to be focused on speed as much. Time to get back on the horse. My speed right now is pathetic thanks to winter. Need to be ready to rock come April

Baseline night and session 1 tonight!

Just my luck. I finally get ready to pull the trigger on these and Budget Golf is showing "Out Of Stock, Notify Me When These Are Available."

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Does anyone have a coupon/discount code for the SuperSpeed website? they are in stock there

I started up a week or so ago. Man, swinging left handed is quite awkward. lol Does it get any better? I'm fairly ambidextrous. Bat left, throw left, golf right, bowl right. Racquet sports left. But, haven't swung a golf club left handed in probably 50 yrs. Should I just try to swing fast from the left side or try to work on the proper swing from the left side?

Back