Supporting your local restaurants

How often will you order food for delivery or takeout during the Covid-19 crisis?

• More

Votes: 23 33.8%
  • Same

Votes: 18 26.5%
  • Less

Votes: 27 39.7%

• Total voters

milehighgolfer

Hacking at Altitude
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Since most states have closed restaurants to dining in, how will this effect your eating out choices? The food service workers have borne the brunt of the financial effects of Covid-19 and they are on the low end of the wage scale. How will you support them?

I plan to order food twice a week until this is over as long as I am receiving paychecks.

I was eating out a lot so less is the obvious pick since I won’t be eating out twice a day while at work.

We usually eat out to get out of the house and don’t order takeout or delivery often. In this instance a few local restaurants have sent email blasts about being open for takeout or delivery and we plan to support them by ordering more often than we usually do (which isn’t very frequently to begin with).

I said "less." Not because I'm nervous about the virus, but because I'm nervous about money. I feel we need to be smarter about what we're spending because time may get uncomfortably lean (or worse).

My business partner and I went to lunch at a local Tex Mex place we have frequented for many years. We were talking to the owner, and he said their revenue is down 80% so far. WOW. That is heart-breaking. But he had a great attitude.

I said "less." Not because I'm nervous about the virus, but because I'm nervous about money. I feel we need to be smarter about what we're spending because time may get uncomfortably lean (or worse).

My business partner and I went to lunch at a local Tex Mex place we have frequented for many years. We were talking to the owner, and he said their revenue is down 80% so far. WOW. That is heart-breaking. But he had a great attitude.
I hear you here. We used to eat out a ton (4-5 a week for dinner and every lunch) but now I’m trying to eat at home all the time. Partly money and partly because I have time to make food now with no commute.

My restaurant isn't down 80% but we're still taking a big hit, especially during the dinner hours.

My restaurant isn't down 80% but we're still taking a big hit, especially during the dinner hours.

do you guys do a lot of take-out? seems like the sit-down places would be taking the biggest hit.

We're going to try and get take out once a week, which is more than we normally eat out. We feel we need to support our local restaurateurs.

do you guys do a lot of take-out? seems like the sit-down places would be taking the biggest hit.
we have seating but it's counter service anyways. we've stacked the tables to discourage "hanging out"

We rarely went out to each tbh, so I'd say about the same. Probably try and get sushi or something soon once my wife's pay comes through, just to be sure no issues

Plan is to do about the same, but normally, don't eat out during work week that often, mostly weekends and I think that will stay about the same if just out of habit.

We usually did a night or 2 of take out or fast food because kids always had afternoon/evening activities but since that isn't going on we have more free time at home. We may still go grab something some of the time because we enjoy that food but will have more home cooked stuff for the time being.

We are consciously ordering takeout 2 times a week from local places only to support them.

We’ve got a couple local places we frequent that we are making an effort to continue to support. Will do our best to continue to do so.

I understand the need to support the business. It going out was definitely about getting out of the house. We rarely did it usually on a Friday night or Saturday during the day otherwise we cook at home.

We have 2 local restaurants that we go to regularly. Both are family owned and we know the owners. I picked up Don Juan's mexican last night which is our favorite. It's authentic fresh mexican food and Juan, the owner is the coolest nicest guy you could imagine. The other is Hawaiian Pizza joint that has brick oven pizza, awesome wings, great sandwiches and tons of beer on tap including Kona Big Wave.

I will do everything I can do to help them during this difficult time

We eat out once per week. Generally Friday or Saturday night. Lot of local places are still offering take out, so we'll maintain that as long as possible.

I'm planning on doing what I can to support local restaurants. Many of the one's on the local beaches here are small(ish) and this time of year is when they typically make enough money to stay open during the less lucrative summer and fall months. Overall though, I really don't see many restaurants being open for the next couple of weeks as they've already been cut to half the capacity they're rated for. Hopefully they'll be able to figure out a take-out model quickly as this typically is only about 7% of a restaurants business from what I've heard.

I will definitely support some local restaurants.

We’d order takeout once a week or so. I think that will step up some, working from home so lunches get very boring very quickly, so I see us picking up our eating out habits a little. Not a ton though.

We'll continue to order out 2-3 times a week.

We're normally a 1-2 per week go out family.

We already cancelled this weekends plans.

While we are not in the position right now to worry about the cost, were hunkering down for the long haul.

I plan on sticking with my local places frequency wise as long as they can stay open. Most of the ones we go to don't do delivery, but their take volume is pretty good so I hope that when they have to close the dining rooms down that the take out business will carry them through. I fear for all the small business right now.

Less for us.

I'd like to support local businesses, but with the prospect of my income being reduced massively for an unspecified amount of time - we need to be smart with our money.

I voted more. Many of our local restaurants are offering pared down menus with items at lower prices than regular menu items or 2 for 1s within a specific time window.

At least, that is our plan right now.

Back