Supporting your local restaurants

How often will you order food for delivery or takeout during the Covid-19 crisis?

• More

Votes: 23 33.8%
  • Same

Votes: 18 26.5%
  • Less

Votes: 27 39.7%

• Total voters
Local pizza joint will be getting my normal weekly business this evening. Love the mom and pop spot we frequent

My local neighborhood coffee shop closed. Smart move, right move. But it surprisingly sucks not being able to buy a cup of coffee in the morning. Surprising because it’s so easy to brew one myself.

I voted less as I am just being cautious. At this time, I rather eat home prepared food.

Since most states have closed restaurants to dining in, how will this effect your eating out choices? The food service workers have borne the brunt of the financial effects of Covid-19 and they are on the low end of the wage scale. How will you support them?

I plan to order food twice a week until this is over as long as I am receiving paychecks.
This is a great idea and one that my family is going to try to follow as well. I have friends who are hurting due to the nature of their work.. The little things help!

We don't eat out often. My wife is impossibly frugal and a heckuva cook, so all's well!

But a local pizza joint set up a food truck at our course. I spoke with the owners and they volunteered that it was kind of a desperate effort to mitigate their losses.

Well, I've bought 5 pizzas over the last 10 days.

Told them for as long as they're here, as long as they need to be, I'll be buying.

Wife's on board so again, all's well.

Back