Surgeries anybody???

In 2017 I sliced through a tendon in my left wrist while trying to cut a watermelon (yes, really). The really unfortunate thing was that it happened a day after I found out I had gotten into a THP experience...I didn't get to go. It required a surgical repair. Aside from the scar and lump of scar tissue, I can't tell it ever happened.

Me currently. Ganglion cyst removed last week. B26D4DC1-00C3-4A3E-8498-917E40A5C64F.jpeg

Mine was robotic, too. I'm amazed at how advanced surgeries have become.
I remember walking into theatre, and laying on the table … and my head looking around trying to spot the robot lol , my surgeon said he has video of the procedure , I haven’t seen it yet , next catch up visit l will see if I can get it . Have 6 key holes in stomach area…. No chemo or other treatment post ….

Amazed the technology and brilliance and skill of surgical team and hospice staff … had absolute best of care was released next day )

Annual check ups have resulted in zero, I am a bloody lucky bastard, and implore anyone too, have annual blood test for general check up , prostate, and bowel cancer screen check .lve done checks for 20 years …. Long may we all play )

Last edited:
I had bilateral knee replacements (both knees) four years ago. When the surgeon made his rounds I asked him how long it took. He said it was all done in one and a half hours. He also said my bones were so dense and hard that I wouldn't have any issues. All the work and exercise I did during my life gave me dense bones but wore my knees out.😆

Annual check ups have resulted in zero, I am a bloody lucky bastard, and implore anyone too, have annual blood test for general check up , prostate, and bowel cancer screen check .lve done checks for 20 years …. Long may we all play )
I too am lucky. My last CT revealed no evidence of metastatic disease and my kidney function is WNL. I agree that everyone should get the full meal deal annual check up and talk to their physician about what screens are age appropriate for them. My cancer was found because I had some bad abdominal pain in the upper left quadrant that I hadn’t experienced before. I don’t mean to be preachy but please listen to your body.

Arthroscopic surgery, right knee - 1981
Wisdom teeth (impacted) - 1983
Pin in broken pinkie finger, left hand - 1984
Vasectomy - 1998
Lasik - 2000

Pretty minor stuff and no complications. Doc said I'd never be able to grip the club the same with my left pinkie, but thankfully he was wrong about that!

I too am lucky. My last CT revealed no evidence of metastatic disease and my kidney function is WNL. I agree that everyone should get the full meal deal annual check up and talk to their physician about what screens are age appropriate for them. My cancer was found because I had some bad abdominal pain in the upper left quadrant that I hadn’t experienced before. I don’t mean to be preachy but please listen to your body.
:D Iam shoulder to shoulder with you with those thoughts , and listen too loved ones sometimes they see things etc you don’t notice or can’t see .

Ok. When im done, most will be impressed that i can even golf

Rt knee. 9 surgeries
Lt knee. 2 sugeries
L hip. 1
2 hernias
10th rib l side partially removed for a biopsy of a single lesion. Good news no cancer but no idea what it is. Now have 13+ lesions in rib cage
Rt wrist 1
Rt middle finger 1
Rt elbow 1
Rt shoulder 3
L elbow 1
L shoulder 1
C4 fusion 1
A few others but minor.
Talk about arthritic joints. I have them everywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two knee replacements. My achilles tendon is made up of scar tissue. Other than that i'M GOOD.

Back