Surprising clothes you have bought good/bad

Got some amazon essentials golf polos as a gift. Really surprising how good they feel.

I bought my dad two of their polos and he absolutely loves them. Says they're very soft and extremely comfortable.

Good.
Any Travis Mathew tops - polos, tees, outerwear
Peter Millar summer comfort
Puma Mattr
William Murray

Bad
The need to hem any Travis Mathew bottom
Rhoback polos - too short
Asher
The absolutely absurd fit of any modern Nike stuff

Agree with the under Armour tanking recently. They were the easy go to polo for much of my adult life. Still have some old ones I wear.
I really like my TM pants but I do agree with you. Even as a big guy 6'3" or so their pants are too long for me. I really need to stop at my tailor, I have a few other things I need but that is on my list too.

Glacier brand shirts from Costco. Comfortable.
Just got some of those - yes to that. Very comfortable. I think my wife has come home with 3 or 4 different packs of shirts from there for me. The only ones I didn't like (if I recall the exact name) are the Cool32 undershirts - they are a bit weird textured to me for an undershirt and to thin to be anything else.

I was initially very high on these shoes. The fit is very nice, and the looks are right up there but they wear out so fast! I bought a pair to try and they felt great after 5 or so rounds so I picked up 3 more pair.

I wore them all out by the end of the season. Every one had a hole through the heels. Super disappointing.
Isn't there some kind of warranty on those? That's super unfortunate - 4 pairs of shoes gone in a year. =(

I really like my TM pants but I do agree with you. Even as a big guy 6'3" or so their pants are too long for me. I really need to stop at my tailor, I have a few other things I need but that is on my list too.
I have the exact opposite problem with pants. I need at least a 36" inseam, ideally a 38", and nobody makes them (none of the golf OEMs, anyway). Anything shorter than that and it looks like I'm wearing capris. :ROFLMAO:

I have the exact opposite problem with pants. I need at least a 36" inseam, ideally a 38", and nobody makes them (none of the golf OEMs, anyway). Anything shorter than that and it looks like I'm wearing capris. :ROFLMAO:
At least we know you'll be safe in a flood.

I don't know anyone who has an inseam that long unless you get into B&T things - maybe AmericanTall?

About anything UA. Just doesn’t cut it.
I didn't realize everyone had the same mind set on UA. It just is subpar for a premium price.

I didn't realize everyone had the same mind set on UA. It just is subpar for a premium price.
I've been wearing this hats for years and never had a problem. I think there's 3? in my current rotation.

Other than that, I have one polo which I've never had any problems with from them.

Many years ago bad....Greg Norman
Recently good...Straight Down

What are some of the items you bought and were either really surprised how good it was or how bad it was?

Personally

Good - Amazon Essentials golf polos, got 2 as early Father's Day gifts and they fit surprisingly well and seem well made.
TTrue Linkswear Eco 2nd chance for $35 bucks I didn't think they would be new with a scuff on the dust bag and be as good as they are.

Bad - Adidas Code Chaos shoes my feet got super wet and it wasn't that damp on the course. PGA brand shorts, they fit me very tight in the thighs and then loose on the bottom and it looked very bad🤬
I concur about the Amazon essentials golf polos, I wear them exclusively and have no complaints. Price is right and quality is nice.

Poor has been the Puma AP polos. One completely came undone at the seams after 1 wash.

Surprisingly good, were 2 PGA Tour sun hoodie shirts. Like wearing those!

Not that these items are bad, but I wear them more for lounging around and not for golf:
Asher polos - very comfortable, but anything with a cotton content is not for hot summer temperatures. Best for autumn and for the office.
TrueLinks Knit Shoes - again, comfortable, but not much support with the mesh upper and not water proof. Great for being out and about but I'm not a big fan while golfing.
UA - I agree with previous statements that the quality is more chaotic than my tee shots.

The good:
Greyson polos and Montauk anything - best when they are on sale due to price but my most comfortable golf wear.

I've been wearing this hats for years and never had a problem. I think there's 3? in my current rotation.

Other than that, I have one polo which I've never had any problems with from them.
Their polos fit me horribly and just don't feel amazing and for 50 bucks I can find others for half that with better quality and fit. Their hats may be nice, I have not worn them.

Bad: Walter Hagen shorts/shirts. Both felt very heavy and I felt like I was suffocating in higher temps

Good: Travis Matthew shorts. Super light and comfortable, plus they look good in a more casual setting

Isn't there some kind of warranty on those? That's super unfortunate - 4 pairs of shoes gone in a year. =(
Yeah, you’d think so eh?

Another good:

If you like crew length socks Socco brand are amazing. Made in the US and slightly better materials than both Bombas and Stance IMO.

Good:
Definitely the Hogan polos from WallyWorld. I have a bunch of them, wear them at work most days, and they hold up well.

Good & Bad (non-golf-related)
Dickies button fly jeans - last way longer than Levi's at half the price. Unfortunately, the rivet buttons aren't the hardiest. Wife found some replacements, though.

Not goona lie........bashed my kiddos for making me buy it it and them wearing it. However, after buying a few shorts and shirts.................

Hate to say it..............

I feel shame for even saying it........

Might not ever live this down.........

But I'm coming clean.........

Lululemon isn't.........that...............bad.

Ugggg.

Not Ugg’s too??? 🤣

Because of this site, I am now a Puma fanboy, specifically Cloudspun. Everything I bought from them I love. The only disappointing thing I have to say is that their shoe sizes run a bit big. I'm typically a size 12 (Bigfoot is my kin), but I should have bought 11.5 or possibly 11 in Puma.

Target used to have Champion gear and I had to buy a pair once to play a private course because all I had on me was cargo shots. Surprisingly comfortable and economical; I bought a few more pairs and still wear occasionally wear them.

Old Navy Active Wear pants are my go to golf pants for those chilly Spring / Fall golf days.

Because of this site, I am now a Puma fanboy, specifically Cloudspun. Everything I bought from them I love. The only disappointing thing I have to say is that their shoe sizes run a bit big. I'm typically a size 12 (Bigfoot is my kin), but I should have bought 11.5 or possibly 11 in Puma.

Target used to have Champion gear and I had to buy a pair once to play a private course because all I had on me was cargo shots. Surprisingly comfortable and economical; I bought a few more pairs and still wear occasionally wear them.

Old Navy Active Wear pants are my go to golf pants for those chilly Spring / Fall golf days.
This forum turned me onto cloudspun and it's absolutely fantastic you are right about that. I've had and worn through a few pairs of the Old Navy Active pants - I have 2 paris of the Greg Norman something or another pants and while they have more shallow pockets they are just as comfortable and a bit more stretch to them.

Thanks to this post I tried the Hogan polos and love them.

Back