Have played Sweetens Cove many times. It is not worth a separate trip to the Chattanooga, but as an add on, it surely would be worth it. It is a fun course, but to be honest I think it is a bit overrated. It has attracted quite a following, and is true minimalist golf in the respect that there is no clubhouse, and the last time I was there even the bathrooms were those plastic outhouses. It is a very walkable, quite compact layout. I am a member of the Lookout Mountain club, that is an amazing Seth Raynor course about a half hour away. Be happy to host a few of you at Lookout for 36, then Sweetens the day before or after for 2 nine hole loops. Email me at Gagolfer2010@yahoo,com, come the good weather, we can make this happen!

Earl

Is it worth the 1.5-2 hour drive midweek from Nashville for 18 holes?

I would not personally drive that far to play a 9 hole course, but to each their own. There is so much great golf in Chattanooga, and I have entertained a lot of golfers that way. Sweetens is certainly unique and fun, but I like it as a kick off to playing some of the other venues there, or a way to wrap up a trip. I feel it to be overrated, especially when you consider that Lookout Mountain, Black Creek, Honors Club, and Chattanooga CC are just short drives away. Sweetens does not compare to these venues, but again, just my humble opinion.

Looks nice. Is this "The Buck Club" I see on Instagram a lot?

It is not. That one is planned for Utah if it ever gets built.

BUT, Zac Blair of The Buck Club loves Sweetens Cove and has even tapped the architects of that course to build The Buck Club if they ever get there. So there's a connection.

Don’t get me stared! I’m sure the place is great. It looks like fun. But there are times of the year when my Twitter feed when Sweetens pics take up 60% of feed. I feel like I know the course intimately and I’ve never been.

Hahah. I know that feeling well.

I might be taking my wife to Nashville sometime this year or next and if I do we are definitely going to play Sweetens Cove. They’ve got a lot of great social media about it: looks like a fun track to play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I might be taking my wife to Nashville sometime this year or next and if I do we are definitely going to play Sweetens Cove. They’ve got a lot of great social media about it: looks like a fun track to play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m going to pass on this trip. Hoping I can make something work with @JDax instead.

Had the opportunity to play, showed up and it was under feet of water. Not sure when I’ll be down next but will make it there eventually.

Can I bump this up...does anyone have recommendations on where to stay? Any food rec's? Must do's in the area? Thanks! Playing in November!!

Can I bump this up...does anyone have recommendations on where to stay? Any food rec's? Must do's in the area? Thanks! Playing in November!!

Grew up in that area, there are some hotels and small town/fast food options in Kimball near where the course is located. Some up I24 in the Monteagle/Sewanee area as well. If you want a "nice" hotel and many options of food, you are going to have to stay in Chattanooga. If you stay in the downtown Chattanooga area, depending on traffic and time of day, it's about a 30 minute to 1.5 hr drive one way with the worse being coming back to Chattanooga in the afternoon. Keep in mind the course is in Central time and Chattanooga is in Eastern time.

If you want some food options in Chattanooga let me know. I can tell you of some places downtown that are recommended.

I miss @OITW...........:cry:

Grew up in that area, there are some hotels and small town/fast food options in Kimball near where the course is located. Some up I24 in the Monteagle/Sewanee area as well. If you want a "nice" hotel and many options of food, you are going to have to stay in Chattanooga. If you stay in the downtown Chattanooga area, depending on traffic and time of day, it's about a 30 minute to 1.5 hr drive one way with the worse being coming back to Chattanooga in the afternoon. Keep in mind the course is in Central time and Chattanooga is in Eastern time.

If you want some food options in Chattanooga let me know. I can tell you of some places downtown that are recommended.

The Inn at Suwanee would be a great place to stay given @chasingxgeese also can play The Course at Suwanee, a fun 9-hole with different tees so it can be played as 18. Also has some great views.

I'm usually available if you need an extra @chasingxgeese :)

Let’s return this to the topic of the thread.

Back