Swing Aid Hall of Shame: Show Us What You've Got

tequila4kapp

Tom Watson called to say “Hi”
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
USGA 13.5
Collectively we've got to be the biggest group of suckers for all the latest cure-all devices. I thought it might be kind of fun to dig through the collection and share what you've got. Maybe something old, maybe something that works, maybe something that makes you scratch your head and wonder what you were ever thinking to part with your hard earned money for it.

I will start:

The Product: The Pro-Tater

Manufacturer: "Bunny" (and I quote the quotes) Mason

Date of Purchase: 1980s?

Purpose/How It Is Supposed To Work: The weight at the end of the bent shaft if supposed to force you to release the club, ending forever the dreaded chicken wing.

The Verdict: Uh, not exactly.

Why Do I Still Own It?: Honestly, I have no idea. Aside from not curing the no-release, it also pinches the hell out of my fingers when I swing it.

I have one of those. Never heard of the curing the chicken wing. I always used it to swing inside the house. It has a weight on the end and the grip is one of those that forces your grip into the correctposition.

That's pretty funny, I figured I was the only guy that had this. It would be a lot easier to use if it had the grip aid thing, I wish mine had that. I think the weight is supposed to force you to rotate the wrists which is supposed to promote a release.

I think I got mine at a garage sale or something. I know I didn't get it in a store. Still use it during the winter.

Back