Swing Align Training Aid - THP Review Thread

ddec

I have many leather-bound books
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
Without sounding like a complete informercial, when I was going to lessons one of the biggest things we worked on was alignment because I had some issues in that department. It wasn't just about aiming and lining up for a shot, which was a fault as I would constantly aim right, but more or less about getting my body properly aligned with itself. As I moved away from lessons, those old faults crept back in to my game(who would have guess that?). So with that, here is an intersting product called Swing Align that might actually be right up my alley. It offers a more visual assurance of alignment as well as helping players see how much rotation they are achieving during the swing. Below is a quick video from their website www.swingtrainer.com. I'm looking forward to seeing if this can work for me.

Screen Shot 2019-10-08 at 10.13.26 PM.png

Depending on what package you order, prices start at $119.95 and go up to $219.95

• Staff
I know many have discussed alignment issues. Do you think this is something that could help you on your journey to better scores?

I'm curious Dean, once you get it to DDEC HQ, what would be the difference between it vs putting a driveway marker through your belt loops and just shifting the alignment from the shoulders down to the hips?

I'm curious Dean, once you get it to DDEC HQ, what would be the difference between it vs putting a driveway marker through your belt loops and just shifting the alignment from the shoulders down to the hips?
I’m curious about this as well. Ddec should have this in hand already so I’m sure he has some thoughts. I bet we are missing something.

Ugh, I posted about a month ago about the head pro on my course pointing out to me how far left my hips are aimed at setup relative to the rest of my body and I've kind of been struggling with my game since, grrr.

So this post and training aid has me curious and I've never used a training aid before.

I’ve seen this type of setup rigged in a lesson to check alignment but I can’t imagine the casual golfer needs it. And that price is actually insane. Certifiable

I’ve seen this type of setup rigged in a lesson to check alignment but I can’t imagine the casual golfer needs it. And that price is actually insane. Certifiable

I tend to agree with you, especially since like @JB and @MWard mention, you can stick a driveway marker in your belt for under $10 and get a lot of the same help. Maybe there’s instruction videos that come with it?

Looking forward to your review Dean. Alignment is something I find myself neglecting to pay enough attention to at times and it obviously hurts the game.

I think what is being missed is that it's not something that goes around your waste. Instead, it's around your arms and helps not only give the visual(that you could get from the belt way), but also the feeling of staying connected and not having arms break down during swing. Remember those old Izzo aids that wrapped around both arms? That's kind of what the setup reminds me of, only with the rod involved.

When I think of the setup you are talking about, even with something through my belt loop, I can manipulate a lot of my upper body and still think I am properly aligned. The location around the elbows, I find, makes that manipulation a little more difficult because of the slightest movement shows(if that makes sense).

Honestly I think it just hits home more for me because as I said during my lesson days, my alignment was crap. One of my last swing thoughts was to feel like I would open my shoulders up more. With this, I feel like I can see that more easily.

I think what is being missed is that it's not something that goes around your waste. Instead, it's around your arms and helps not only give the visual(that you could get from the belt way), but also the feeling of staying connected and not having arms break down during swing. Remember those old Izzo aids that wrapped around both arms? That's kind of what the setup reminds me of, only with the rod involved.

When I think of the setup you are talking about, even with something through my belt loop, I can manipulate a lot of my upper body and still think I am properly aligned. The location around the elbows, I find, makes that manipulation a little more difficult because of the slightest movement shows(if that makes sense).

Honestly I think it just hits home more for me because as I said during my lesson days, my alignment was crap. One of my last swing thoughts was to feel like I would open my shoulders up more. With this, I feel like I can see that more easily.

does it include anything beyond the the sticks? Videos or online access to anything?

That makes a bit more sense.

does it include anything beyond the the sticks? Videos or online access to anything?

they have a video instruction series on their website. I did not see anything exclusive outside of that

Remember those old Izzo aids that wrapped around both arms? That's kind of what the setup reminds me of, only with the rod involved.

I have the Callaway version and was thinking you could cut two holes in each side of the training aid and run a driveway marker through it. It wouldn't last forever, but you could make 10 of them before you got to the cost of the Swing Align.

I'm also not so sure that perfectly straight alignment is the best way to set up for everyone.

As with a majority of the aids out on the market, there is a demo for it, but it won't be for everyone.
I have the Callaway version and was thinking you could cut two holes in each side of the training aid and run a driveway marker through it. It wouldn't last forever, but you could make 10 of them before you got to the cost of the Swing Align.

I'm also not so sure that perfectly straight alignment is the best way to set up for everyone.

it might not be, but I'd be willing to bet that straight alignment is a better place to start for people who struggle with it. Let's face it, nothing is uniform in golf or golf swing.

I just watched the video and now I'm 100% interested in this.

1) My alignment always falls back into the set up right of target and shoulders open BS, so having something to practice with on my own and ingrain a setup could be cool.

2) I think having one for my HS team would/could be MASSIVE.

I got to see this in action when it comes in friend. Definitely run it through a video or two in use.

I just watched the video and now I'm 100% interested in this.

1) My alignment always falls back into the set up right of target and shoulders open BS, so having something to practice with on my own and ingrain a setup could be cool.

2) I think having one for my HS team would/could be MASSIVE.

If you want I'll gladly donate it to the good kids of Cushing when it's done because I bet it would be perfect coaching material.

If you want I'll gladly donate it to the good kids of Cushing when it's done because I bet it would be perfect coaching material.
You stud you.

One thing I like about this is the construction. Unlike a driveway marker or alignment stick, these are metal and screw in to each other, so they aren't just some cheap plastic rods. That's the good, that and that they are THP green. The downside, the cuffs are kind of uncomfortable, even though they are padded.

Nice review! I struggle with alignment and it might be worth looking into as i am always aimed left of where i think.

as i am a
Nice review! I struggle with alignment and it might be worth looking into as i am always aimed left of where i think.

I tend to aim right a lot and I'm one who finds it helpful to have someone with me when I'm working on that stuff(as I mentioned in the article). This made me feel a bit better about getting aligned. I do think the price is a bit much for it, but could certainly be useful to some.

Back