Swing Balance with Driver

D.Witt

Reaction score
I usually leave my driver in the bag but want to start learning how to hit it. One issue Im having is that after contact with the ball I find myself having to step back with my right foot to catch my balance again.. Im right handed... Is this because Im swinging to hard, ot wide enough in my stance ..what could cause you to lose balance during the swing of your driver ?

Sounds to me like you need to move your weight forward on the balls of your feet. Do you feel like you are too much on your heels? Try taking a bunch of back and forth swings with your driver and make sure you are balanced all the way through.

Im planning to hit the range today with just my driver and give that try..

One thing is for sure. You aren't getting your weight fully transferred to your front foot. Without seeing your swing I can still tell you aren't getting up on the toe of your trail foot on your follow through. Here are two drills to help you. One is the Gary Player walk-through drill. The other is the Toe tap drill. Eric Jones has a good video on the latter. The former is a classic and you'll find many fine examples of it.

Back