Swing Caddy or Swing Rite

emc_ret

Reaction score
Has anybody used a Swing Caddy (Mechanical aid not the electronic device) or Swing Rite? I am looking for golf practice at home and maybe warmup before playing where there is no range.

Swing Caddy

Swing Rite

I have used neither product. I'm suspicious of their value.

Do not buy the Swing Rite. I watched the video that shows how it identifies flawed release. You can literally turn an iron upside down, swing it and hear the swoosh of the club either behind you (cast), in front of you (late release) or at the ball (proper release). At least from the video that product literally does nothing an upside down iron won't do for free.

EDIT: I googled the Swing Caddy and watched the first 3:30 video that showed up on Youtube. My opinion is this is virtually the same product as the Swing Rite. I recommend not buying it either.

Last edited:
I have the older swingrite and I really like mine. Once I learned to use it properly it has helped me dial in my irons in the strike zone. It has been the best training aide I have purchased so far. I also have one of those springy aides with the ball on the end, but I don't like that as much as the swingrite. I am not familiar with the swing caddie.

The only thing I don't like about the swingrite is that you have to reset it each time which is kind of a pain. Of course if an upside down iron works for you then that is cool. I am for whatever works. Upside down iron did not feel right for me. When it comes to golf, certainly what works for one doesn't always work for another.

Back