Swing critique and feedback please

ajestrada3

Reaction score
Handicap
Hey guys well i have a lot of time of not playing due to what’s going on, i know there are very knowledgeable people on here so wanted to post my swing and here your feedback and what i can do to be more consistent. Thanks guys and I’m open to any constructive e

Here’s a front view this video is in a slower motion than the others

h

Take a look at your grip in the front view slow-motion clip. Your bottom hand IMO needs to be more on top. The V in your hand is pointed more towards your left shoulder. Should be more towards your right shoulder.

Take a look at your grip in the front view slow-motion clip. Your bottom hand IMO needs to be more on top. The V in your hand is pointed more towards your left shoulder. Should be more towards your right shoulder.
Thank you! I have been trying to not have such a strong grip but usually revert back to old habits on the course.

Do y’all think i have too much head movement on my backswing? How would y’all say my weight shift on the downswing, i am a lifetime baseball player and feel i definitely do some things in my swing like i would swing a bat.

Lots of power potential there! Looks like some excessive lateral movement along with some raising of the head and shoulders up top that might affect consistency (just IMO of course).

Lots of power potential there! Looks like some excessive lateral movement along with some raising of the head and shoulders up top that might affect consistency (just IMO of course).
Thank you! Yes i never noticed the excessive head movement until i started filming my swing and on one swing my head was completely above the top of the camera during my backswing at one point. Trying to lift my chin up a little more to give my shoulder room so i don't have to lift my head and raise up to give my shoulders room.

Nice power. :)

Is your miss right?
Haha yep can get a pretty nasty hook with or i over swing i guess and my hands and arms get ahead of my body and come down and over the top and pull it right. I have been working on not swinging all out, especially with my irons to gain more control as i don't really need any extra distance i might get from swinging so hard, but its a really hard habit to break, i need to spend more time trying to find a sweet spot as a lot of times my trying to swing not as hard is basically just me decelerating on the downswing which obviously is terrible.

I dont know much about swings, but I do know about ball flights.

What's your ball flights?
I would say my ball flight (unless i get one thin which i do) is mid to high, i can elevate irons pretty high, i think part of it is i have incorporated parts of my baseball swing and it feels like im trying to elevate a ball out of the park so i can pick or hit slightly up on my iron shots and add loft to the club.

im in no position to critique your swing but 2 things that stand out to me are-
your initial take back looks to be outside.
your hip turn is so much that your back foot is out of control.

I would say my ball flight (unless i get one thin which i do) is mid to high, i can elevate irons pretty high, i think part of it is i have incorporated parts of my baseball swing and it feels like im trying to elevate a ball out of the park so i can pick or hit slightly up on my iron shots and add loft to the club.
Does the ball usually fly to your targeted area?

The reason I asked, I had a good friend who was a scratch golfer. He also had just a gawd awful looking swing. That said, he had a great impact position. How he got to that great impact position, I have no idea.

My point is, that if the ball is doing what the golfer wants it to do, the golfer has a great impact position, regardless of what the swing looks like.

im in no position to critique your swing but 2 things that stand out to me are-
your initial take back looks to be outside.
your hip turn is so much that your back foot is out of control.
Thanks, i'll take any feedback as sometimes im blinded and can't see my swing faults. Ya i can see the outside takeaway, gonna try to work on a more neutral one. Are you talking about the hip turn on the downswing im assuming, what should i be doing?

Does the ball usually fly to your targeted area?

The reason I asked, I had a good friend who was a scratch golfer. He also had just a gawd awful looking swing. That said, he had a great impact position. How he got to that great impact position, I have no idea.

My point is, that if the ball is doing what the golfer wants it to do, the golfer has a great impact position, regardless of what the swing looks like.
Ya it usually does, i normally shoot high 70's to mid 80's depending on my iron striking usually and of course wayward tee shots. I guess my swing does get the job done but i am looking for more consistently, especially out of my irons because its so frustrating those days when i mishit/strike so many irons.

Thanks, i'll take any feedback as sometimes im blinded and can't see my swing faults. Ya i can see the outside takeaway, gonna try to work on a more neutral one. Are you talking about the hip turn on the downswing im assuming, what should i be doing?

you need the hip turn, but im seeing more of a body/legs turning, thats my the back foot and legs are pointed forward.

you need the hip turn, but im seeing more of a body/legs turning, thats my the back foot and legs are pointed forward.
Thanks never thought of it that way, Im a lifetime baseball player and i know some of my footwork and parts of my swing are definitely from my baseball swing.

Back