Swing finish - where do you stand?

How important is your swing finish to you?

• It's a direct reflection of how good of a shot it was.

Votes: 14 15.7%
  • The ball is gone, dude. Who cares?

Votes: 22 24.7%
  • I want it to look good.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • I would club toss after every good swing if it was appropriate.

Votes: 4 4.5%
  • It's part of a complete and balanced golf swing.

Votes: 45 50.6%
  • Whatever lets me show off my twirl.

Votes: 2 2.2%

• Total voters
I don't think I've seen that one from him. Aren't those just on hard cut shots?

I helicoptered on one they other day unintentionally. Or.. without forethought might be more accurate. For the hold off on going through, trying for a big cut, reason. It probably wasn't pretty, and my ribs basically told me to never do it again. So I'm probably done with that.

It takes some learning and yes when I get overly fast, I lose them right. Overly slow and they go left (had to teach myself how to draw the ball, well having center to WAY right beats center to WAY RIGHT and LEFT). Overfade, helicopter. That’s me hoping my hands make up for the rest of the swing. It generally doesn’t but saving it 10yards May make it playable. If nothing else it looks cool?? I mean how many crappy ams know how to do that??!?

Two years ago almost to the day I scored the round of my life. I had 9birdies and 8 pars for -9 through 17. I’m now all for 17 hole courses. -8 was the course record..... and still is. Tee shot one went OB, and then tee shot 2 also had some serious issues. It was in-bounds but under a 12” tall limb. I had no choice but to chunk out under and made a +3 on that hole.

Best I’ve ever played ever. No course record but my best round ever at-6 66. But what could have been. I very quickly after was overcome by a major illness and haven’t even sniffed par other than a not so fantastic +4 75 on a very short course a couple weeks ago.

I don't twirl, but I have my little thing I do. The finish matters. A good finish allows for proper body English on shots like when you're talking to your ball.
Kinda like this?

I’ll admit to practicing my finish only because I know it’s part of swinging the club properly. If I finish right then I know I’ve swung well and vice versa, and my shot usually reflects that.

I finish my swing, but don't think about it much. Watch the flight but no club twirls ir anything.

I could have added, run to get a better spot to see where my ball entered the trees :ROFLMAO:

I'm saying direct reflection because I tend to show a lot with my follow through...

Good swings to great swings look normal.
Open face at impact gets the helicopter.
Fact shots often times gets the let-go-of-club-at-top follow through haha.

Not sure though. I think part of "swing your swing" is to let the club decide how it wants to finish.

Back