gbigoose1

Reaction score
Handicap
Hey everyone. This is a swing I taped on the range today, and was just looking for some input. I know a couple of my problems, including overswinging and drawing the club too far inside on the backswing. Do you guys have any good drills for stopping either of these issues. I'm trying to get the swing up in the meantime but am having trouble with the uploader. Thanks for the help

*Edit* http://www.nike.com/nikegolf/ng360/swing/81a98dd8-5f84-4a89-8a63-68160bb6c843 That's the swing uploaded onto the Nike Golf 360 app.

Can't watch the video but like you I had a problem with an inside takeaway. A drill the helps a lot and one that I do everytime I go to the range is the 3 tee reroute.

Take 3 tees and place one about 3 feet behind the ball, place another about a foot from the ball, somewhere 7 o'clock from the back of the ball. Place the other in front of the ball at about 2 o'clock. When you swing try to take the clubhead back over the rear tee and swing through on the line of the other two tees. This will feel like you're exaggerating the takeaway and will also get you swinging inside out coming back through.

--
Tapatalk2

Thanks SW. I thought I had an idea that would be the type of drill for that problem, so thank you. What I would love to hear is if anybody used to have troubles over swinging, or continuing their arms after the shoulders stop, if anyone has had any success shortening their swing.

Thanks SW. I thought I had an idea that would be the type of drill for that problem, so thank you. What I would love to hear is if anybody used to have troubles over swinging, or continuing their arms after the shoulders stop, if anyone has had any success shortening their swing.

Try some 3/4 swings with a full finish. I imagine you'll still have a full swing but it might help you mentally think about not over swinging your arms.

Your problems and mine seem like they mirror each other, lol.

--
Tapatalk2

Seems like a good plan, will do.

Back