NEChas

Reaction score
Handicap
I been working on my swing and swing path couple years. I like a slight in to out. I have noticed, using simulator, when I aim more right I'm more consistent with in to out than if I line up straight. I guess if it works that's ok but can't really figure out why. What do ya think?

I been working on my swing and swing path couple years. I like a slight in to out. I have noticed, using simulator, when I aim more right I'm more consistent with in to out than if I line up straight. I guess if it works that's ok but can't really figure out why. What do ya think?
It is likely that your tendency is to swing a bit outside-in. You then orient your body to the right, causing your path to go more to the right.

Maybe still outside-in, but you are making a compensation that can work.

You could be tricking the simulator with body alignment or your alignment right could actually be straight. For the first, the simulator is static. It’s expecting straight to be a certain angle. I’ve had this happen to me and it was a bear until I figured out I wasted my session fixing my swing when it was the launch monitor. If it’s the second, some alignment sticks or additional golf clubs will let you know.

What is the ball flight doing when you get outside after working on it?

Interesting I have used simulators, and nobody ever told me by aiming right your fooling the simulator. Sim says I'm swinging in to out but maybe I'm not. Hmm that might be. I'm going to look into that.

Stand square to your target line and hold the head of a club with your lead hand against your lead hip (both left, if tight handed.) With your rear hand, point the shaft of the club about 15 degrees away from your body, on the other side of the target line. The club orientation represents an out to in swing path. Now pivot on your lead foot, bringing your rear foot back away from the target line, moving your stance alignment to the right (RH golfer.) Allow your rear hand to move with your rear foot you’ll see the club line move from out-in to in-out. You’re notfooling anything. You’re re-orienting your swing path relative to your target line, which is what matters. I saw Jim McLean describethis fix in a video.

Back