Swing Thoughts - Forum Testing Review

Finally got out to the course with one of these things! Played 18 at a course I've never played, and with people I've never played with. Good test for the bracelet to see if can keep negative thoughts away, as I'm usually pretty concerned about embarrassing myself in front of new people. I wore the red "Visualize."

I'll tell you, I'm quite a big skeptic when it comes to things like this. I think those "magnetic"/"positive/negative ion" or whatever bracelets and necklaces are ridiculous. That being said, these Swing Thought bracelets are totally different. The thing worked like a charm. It's nothing special, mind you. If you have a good memory and can somehow force a way of thinking into your pre-shot routine, you probably don't need this, but my thoughts when standing over the ball are usually all over the place. The bracelet succeeded very well in replacing all of those thoughts with just one simple word, and I did hit lots of shots better because of that.

Another thing- I initially ordered a white "Tempo," but JB informed me that they were backordered and that the company would be sending out two different ones instead. The ones that came were red and blue. Boy, am I glad I ended up with the brighter colors. I felt like I might just totally forget the thing is on my wrist, but when you look down you can't miss that bright red staring back at you. I'd definitely recommend going with the bolder colors.

Nice review JL. I think I would want the bolder color as well

Nice review JL. I think I would want the bolder color as well

I couldn't do it. I hate orange, won't due red due to the color blindness, and don't really want pink, so blue it was for me!

Nice post jl, you hit the nail on the head about one simple word. It's cool how something this simple can key you into a mental state and block all the other stuff out.

Haven't gotten out since my last update but a week of wearing the band (95% of the time I've worn the orange swing smooth) non-stop and condition wise it looks perfect.

--
tapatalk

I couldn't do it. I hate orange, won't due red due to the color blindness, and don't really want pink, so blue it was for me!

See I would think Blue is somewhat bold. I just think the white wouldn't catch my eye enough

See I would think Blue is somewhat bold. I just think the white wouldn't catch my eye enough

The blue is definitely bold dude. I love that thing. It's a staple of my golf gear now.

The official wrist band of the MC! I think Team Hackers needs to make the investment

I love the idea of the bands i can see them working without a doubt, wish i thought of the idea, blue would be cool

The official wrist band of the MC! I think Team Hackers needs to make the investment

This team Hacker is ready to pull the trigger but the cost in shipping the swing thought first to my Denver office, and then to here makes it kind of silly. Please start shipping to Canada Swing Thought, or maybe product in GolfTown Locations?

The blue is definitely bold dude. I love that thing. It's a staple of my golf gear now.
Yeah the blue is nice and bright, I was just worried about black or white blending in too much. I think the white ones (at least the TEMPO one I was looking at) did have a really bright blue outlining the letters, so I guess that could work almost as well. Not sure if all the black/white ones had that.

I really wanted "Focus" in white or blue, but like most things I don't have the patience and went ahead and ordered a black one. Should be getting it soon'ish!!

I also asked SwingThought on twitter whether they anticipate expanding their colour variations and they said absolutely, so if there is a colour you're really hoping for, shoot them an email or message on twitter and get it in their heads!!

Great review JL. Wish I could have gotten out today but thunderstorms are rolling through today and tomorrow....hopefully Sunday I can squeeze a round in.

Finally got out to the course with one of these things! Played 18 at a course I've never played, and with people I've never played with. Good test for the bracelet to see if can keep negative thoughts away, as I'm usually pretty concerned about embarrassing myself in front of new people. I wore the red "Visualize."

I'll tell you, I'm quite a big skeptic when it comes to things like this. I think those "magnetic"/"positive/negative ion" or whatever bracelets and necklaces are ridiculous. That being said, these Swing Thought bracelets are totally different. The thing worked like a charm. It's nothing special, mind you. If you have a good memory and can somehow force a way of thinking into your pre-shot routine, you probably don't need this, but my thoughts when standing over the ball are usually all over the place. The bracelet succeeded very well in replacing all of those thoughts with just one simple word, and I did hit lots of shots better because of that.

Another thing- I initially ordered a white "Tempo," but JB informed me that they were backordered and that the company would be sending out two different ones instead. The ones that came were red and blue. Boy, am I glad I ended up with the brighter colors. I felt like I might just totally forget the thing is on my wrist, but when you look down you can't miss that bright red staring back at you. I'd definitely recommend going with the bolder colors.
Well done JL, I really enjoyed reading that. I'm happy I went with the blue. It's a perfect contrast and easy to see without being distracting.

I guess they'll be online beginning July, and if they sell well, they'll eventually be moving into the stores.

Had a very good range session today, and I believe a lot of that had to do with the Swing Thought band. Before every shot I looked at the band, kept every other swing thought out of my mind and just thought "swing smooth". I'm starting to like this band more and more as I work on my game, spent some time on the putting green and the swing smooth also helped there. I do think I might start wearing both the swing smooth and visualize I think the visualize will help a bit more on the greens.

I am having difficulty quantifying the effectiveness of this aide. I am not scoring better. My shots are not noticeably better, but I think it is doing its job perfectly. Over every shot, I think about the word tempo. Every shot. I have pretty much stopped getting "quick" on my downswing. Interesting. I think that over a longer period of testing, once I am more accustomed to it, I will start to see a more pronounced effect on my game. I will let you know more after my next round (hopefully Wednesday, but maybe as late as Saturday, sorry guys.)

I made it out to the range and got another round in today.

I made the mistake of not looking at the TEMPO Swing Thought band enough. When I did, which was seldom, I hit it well. When I didn't, which was often, I had tempo issues.

I was getting my new Morgan Cup woods from Taylormade dialed in, or trying at least, and I was more focused on them and ball position and everything else and not focusing on a singular swing thought. It made a difference from my previous round.

I'm going to have to focus on this band and trust it to clear my thoughts, it sure worked last time.

I started wearing the band while not playing golf and that may have played into me not noticing it. My wrist was used to it being there and the band did not stand out enough for me to notice it. I'm going to try and wear it just for golf and see if that can get me to notice it like the first round with it.

Another range session and and round scheduled tomorrow and I'll give some more thoughts afterwards.

Until next time...

View attachment 2837View attachment 2838

I was away this weekend and came home and finally had a package from Swing Thought. Special thank you to JB for making sure I got them. I opened the package and as with everyone else I received the Black Focus band I requested but also received a Red focus band as well. The first thing I noticed was how much I liked the look of them. They are really a nice band. No obvious markings or defects in either band. I asked for large and when I put them on it was a little difficult to stretch it over my hand and when I had it on, it was a bit snug but I think it will be fine. I put both on and swung my club in the back yard a few times and didn't notice I even had them on which is a good thing. I am planning on getting some range time in this week as well as a round on Thursday so I will give these a good test. I will report back when I have more feedback. Thanks again THP and Swing Thought.

After being out of town for the past 9 days, I arrived home to find my package waiting for me. Thanks to Swing Thought and THP. I received the black Focus band and orange Swing Smooth band in medium. They fit perfectly with just a hair of room so they are not snug. I think they are really sharp looking with clean lines and a perfect paint fill. I will be getting out to the range either tomorrow or Tuesday after an 11 day hiatus, and hopefully the Focus band will keep me in the moment.

5874128801_95df1b844b.jpg

5874129245_bc86214a70.jpg

5874129689_dfaf432ccf.jpg

Really needed this today. Hurt my back and complete lost my focus during the round today.

Looking forward to your thoughts on these Swing Thought bands chewie69 & DevRickus!

I am liking the reviews so far guys, great work. Hopefully my Tempo band arrives this week.

Took the Swing Though band out for another range session and round.

I'm really thinking that the band is helping me calm my thoughts and clear my head. It really helped me putting on the greens I was putting on today. I ended up with 29 putts and no 3 jacks and I used that band on every putt.

I am right handed and I've had the band on on that hand for every round of testing. I am going to try it on my left hand the next time around.

Like Swing Thought said to me on twitter...it's not voodoo science and so far it's working...I'm a fan and the band isn't going anywhere.

Back