Swing Thoughts - Forum Testing Review

Got out to the range today and I do have to say that even though I was not striking the ball very well I did only have 1 thought in my head..."Swing Smooth."
I also have to agree with Biggsy about not wearing it when not golfing. I wore it to work the 2nd day and by the end of the day I didn't even notice that it was there. So, I will not be wearing it anymore unless I am at the range or on the course. Other than that the band itself seems to be holding up well so far and have a tee time scheduled for Friday so I will get to see how it works for me there. More to come later.

I was actually thinking about this today, and decided I will only be wearing it when golfing. I can see how you could get used to it being there all the time.

I wore my black focus band today for the first round. I play a pretty terrible 9 holes but it was no fault of the band. I wore it on my left hand (I am lefty) so I had to wear it with tbe large logo facing down so at address I could see the words. I forgot to look at it a few times and coincidentally those were the worst shots I hit all day. My flatstick was in fire today and I made it a point to look at the band and focus on each put. I made 5 putts from outside of 10 feet to save par or make bogey (with the way I was swinging my driver today, bogey was a treat). I plan on hitting the range this week so will give this some further testing. My first impression is that I am very intrigued by it but need a little more time with it.

Tap tap taparoo

Short practice session this afternoon before the rain moved in. Fair results with the swing smooth band, I spoke before about my habit of getting a little quick at the top, well the golftec lessons have helped work that out but I've noticed sometimes I get a little hesitant about halfway down and my swing becomes all arms, and I hit it fat.

Made a conscious effort today to look at the band before every swing and it seemed to provide a little help with keeping my swing in sync. Used it on my left wrist, was much more noticeable at address for me.
--
tapatalk

Used it on my left wrist, was much more noticeable at address for me.
That's what I'm going to try next time. Glad it worked for you, gives me hope I'll notice it more.

Well, I got to the range earlier with my black Focus band and so far I am quite happy with it. I sometimes have a habit of rushing, and this realy helped me to focus and slow down a little. I tried it on both my left and right wrists to see which was more effective for me.

5881615975_09a1266d34.jpg

5882177460_61c1c9a37a.jpg

After hitting about 30 shots with it on each wrist, I found it more effective on my left. I think it is just the way I setup to the ball that my line of sight is more towards my glove hand.

My 8 yr old shot a video of my swing with it on. Overall, I am happy with the results. It is giving me something to focus on and look at before each swing, which in turn helps me slow down my setup and swing.

I'm playing this weekend and I'm thinking about wearing the orange on my left hand with glove and white on right hand, maybe two will be better than one! I'm also going to try and figure out how I can get it so I can see both words, "Swing Smooth" while addressing the ball.

These things are really cool! I want one espically after this review from all of you

I went to the range at lunch today. Hit my new wedge a bunch as well as my Mashie. I really focused on using the band on every shot and I didnt have a single mishit. I am playing tomorrow and Sunday so I will be able to get some more real world testing. Really loving this thing. Jts amazing what a simple idea it is but it is having such an amazing effect on my game.

Tap tap taparoo

Got in 15 before some heavy lightening moved in and ran me off. Zero time to warm up and get in a good rhythm so I think that's a good testament to the tempo band keeping my mind focused. Played so so, some awful shot selection though. However I constantly found myself thinking tempo at the top of my swing, so it works :)

Quick action shot, FYI the left wrist works much better for band placement.

aefc802d-c020-54b5.jpg

aefc802d-c031-d850.jpg

--
tapatalk

Another 9 holes with the Swing Smooth Swing Thought band and I really do like it as a mental training aid. I've got a lot going on in my life at the moment and so many things going on in my head that I have a hard time really focusing on one thing. Last hole of the night and I hadn't been driving the ball very well at all, previous hole I joined up with a twosome and kind of hurried my setup and launched my mashie way left onto and over an adjacent green, I really concentrated on my setup and to swing smooth and striped one down the middle gps'd at 252. Next time out I'm going to try the visualize band as I seem to be burning edges of the cup lately and I'd like to visualize the ball going in a bit more.

Played some today. I found it REALLY helpful on my full wedge shots. I am normally lacking in accuracy off of hard wedges, but today was great. Also is working wonders for putting. I am gonna play another round Saturday, and I will post more detailed thoughts then, because I only got in 5 holes today.

Got in 15 before some heavy lightening moved in and ran me off. Zero time to warm up and get in a good rhythm so I think that's a good testament to the tempo band keeping my mind focused. Played so so, some awful shot selection though. However I constantly found myself thinking tempo at the top of my swing, so it works :)

Quick action shot, FYI the left wrist works much better for band placement.
Good stuff SW. I am going to try my left wrist tomorrow and see how it works.

Played 9 this afternoon with the blue TEMPO on my left wrist. It was a beautiful day, so the course was pretty packed. I had to wait a couple minutes before basically every shot, and even had a couple of those dreaded tee shots with the group behind right there just watching and waiting (always freaks me out). Gotta say, the tempo did its job pretty well! I tend to get a little quick when people are watching, but when I really thought about it, it was under control. I'm thinking about bringing both of them (TEMPO, VISUALIZE) along with me each time I play, and maybe switching out based on the situation. From my experience so far, the visualize is nice when the swing is going a bit awry and the confidence levels are low, and the tempo is nice to slow things down for pressure situations.

Went to the range again today. Got my shortened driver back. Man am I happy. Was killing it. As for the focus band, I wore the red one today on my right hand. I normally do not like things on my right wrist but they are so comfortable I dont even feel like its there. Aside from practicing my driver, I made it a point to every single time look at the band, take a deep breath and focus. I hit 120 balls and had about 5 mishits. I hit. About 75 perfectly 225-250 straight as an arrow and the rest were a little slice but nothing major. I am playing 9 early Sunday and I am going to wear the red on my right hand. I have been wearing the black band alot and there is no signs of wear and it still looks good as new. I am still toying around with different ways to wear it but I guess almost to a fault I dont realize it is there sometimes. Maybe the red will catch my eye better. I will post more when I either go to the range or on Sunday.

Tap tap taparoo

I got a round setup at a new course tomorrow after work. It will be the first time using the Swing Smooth band on a full course and I cannot wait to see how the results will be for me. I will be wearing it on my glove hand (right hand) as it is not big enough to fit on my left. I will give thoughts after my round tomorrow.

Played 9 tonight with my black FOCUS band. It was so so, but also my first round in about 3 weeks. The strangest thing was about 4 weeks about before a charity event, overnight I developed a draw. I have played a baby fade for about 3 years, and it is now completely gone. So, the band is my constant reminder now to aim 5-10 yards right of where I want the ball to land. And, my 8 yr old was in a mood tonight, so the FOCUS band was my saving grace. Shot a 43. Short game was off a little, but I attribute that to vacation time. Driver was solid for the most part. Had a great 200 yd hybrid shot into the green on 6, with about 6 yds of draw on it. Very happy with the band and think they need to come out with one with PATIENCE on it also.

I was able to wear my Tempo swing thought this last Sunday. These do exactly what theyre supposed to do, keep a simple thought on your mind without over doing it. Ive been trying to watch my tempo after quite a few suggestions that I get too quick in my swing and it did just that. But I like the fact that its just a simple thought. I found that I could try and keep my head clear and focused with the swing thought band there to remind me of tempo. I wore mine on my right hand for this round. The only thing that bugged me was it got in the way when I tried to reach into my pocket for something. Since this is my non glove hand I keep my ball and divot tool in the right pocket. Nothing too crazy though and by no means a deal killer. My next round Im going to see how I like it on my glove hand.

These things look like a fantastic idea. Reviews seem positive. I might have to order a couple! I think they would be really beneficial when getting back into the game after the winter break.

FINALLY sat down and read through all of the posts. I like what I've read for sure.

I really do think I'm going to have to get a TEMPO one as that's my goal thought in my game from tee to green that I fight with reminding myself.

Very nice.

I really wish they would make a bracelet with short back swing on it.

Just thought I'd let everyone know that I've been in touch with michael from swing thought and he said there will be international shipping available in about two weeks ! I can't wait to get one! :)

Just thought I'd let everyone know that I've been in touch with michael from swing thought and he said there will be international shipping available in about two weeks ! I can't wait to get one! :)

That's fantastic news. Thanks for passing that on!

Back